Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ahhh help!!!

Thanks
    It probably doesn't matter now that it sounds like you've turned it on since it happened, but the best thing to do with any wet electrical item is to leave it long after it looks dry to ensure it dries out completely. It's not so much the water that causes the main damage as the shorting caused by it when you apply power and it's still wet somewhere. Personally I would have put it in the airing cupboard or something and not touched it until at least tomorrow.

Banned
    Thanks
    the real way to fix it and clean it in one sequence is to clean it with a toothbrush and meths all on the circuit boards and everything let it dry and it should work ok, thats what we do for water damage phones.

Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow
    Thanks
    well update guys

went down to carphone wareshouse yday to see if the sim card works on one of there phones, turns out it did which really bummed me out, thinking it is my phone thats broken.

but then this morning i had this eureeka moment, ( or rather a why didnt i think of this earlier, im so stupid moment), anyway, i thought that its something wrong with the SIM contacts. So i bent them up a bit more, put the sim card in, bettery etc. turned the phone on, and now it works!!! woo!!

hopefully this lasts buts it working for now. screens still a bit patchy in the backlight department but perfectly usable. just the mini sd to sort out now.
    You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information