Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Memory Card Found, With very peculiar contents!

Thanks
    It would be illegal to post them on the internet. The copyright resides with the person who took the photos, and they legally have full and final say over how they're used.

Banned
    Thanks
    Just post them here for a few mins and then remove them I think we all need some cheering up

Zoom-Zoom
    Thanks
    I don't have anything against his lifestyle. I am not picking on him. It's the situation of the whole finding the memory card thing I find amusing.

A picture of someone random on the internet cross dressing isn't funny. It's just the last thing I was expecting to find on there!

At the time it was incredibly amusing. I would have never posted the pics with a face even if I did post them, that is not fair on the person involved at all, if someone who knew them did happen to see them.

The pictures are dated from 2004, and I had an update, they were actually found whilst he was cleaning out his garden in a bush beside a path. Makes you wonder how long it's been there. Surely if someone stole his phone they wouldn't throw the card? Would they?

Maybe he was trying to dispose of the evidence.

I was never intending to post the pictures to make myself "Feel Good" or "Big" Just thought it would give everyone a chuckle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    It would be illegal to post them on the internet. The copyright resides with the person who took the photos, and they legally have full and final say over how they're used.
    I don't believe that's correct. Eg the photos of the german soldiers posing with the skull; they remain the property of the photographer? It seems unlikely they were legitimately released. Copyright isn't automatic, you have to actually establish it and the photos presumably didn't come with any copyright notice.

I'd have no problem with posting them, on the basis that if they were that traumatically embarassing then a) he shouldn't have allowed himself to be photographed and b) should not have left those photos in the street. That's equivalent to sitting under a cow and then crying when you get pooed on

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JPreston View Post
    I don't believe that's correct. Eg the photos of the german soldiers posing with the skull; they remain the property of the photographer?
    I don't know the photos you're referring to- but yes, copyright resides with the photographer unless he assigns it to someone else. The only exception is where the photographer is being employed by someone else to take the photos, in which case the copyright might be owned by their employer (a news agency, for example)- but even then it would generally be made explicitly clear in the photographer's contract of employment.

Copyright isn't automatic, you have to actually establish it and the photos presumably didn't come with any copyright notice.
    Nope- copyright IS automatic; as soon as the photographer presses the shutter button, the image he creates is copyrighted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

I'd have no problem with posting them, on the basis that if they were that traumatically embarassing then a) he shouldn't have allowed himself to be photographed and b) should not have left those photos in the street.
    Well, for a start you don't know that the photos a) weren't self portraits for personal use and/or b) stolen from the photographer before the memory card was discarded. In any case, the morality of it is irrelevant, the law clearly states that you don't have the right to publish them.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    See, don't mess with the Rave, ee's wellard, nuff sed.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    when i was 13 i was a little **** who considered it his personal mission to show everyone just how stupid they are.

Luckily i grew out of that.

Don't post the pictures, god knows how many embarrasing pictures/txt's i have on my phone memory card, completely un-encypted.

Also, sad fact is, if someone like me dedicated themself to finding something ebarassing for you it wouldn't take that long now would it. There is a reason i consider a software firewall to be about as useful as a kids pro-abstonance campain, and fundimentally EVERYONE will be doing something "stupid" that could be used by the moral bankrupt to justify humilation for personal giggles.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information