Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And you thought Jade Goody (or to use her Islamic Name Yafat Fhucker) was bad

Thanks
    • excalibur2's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z77-d3h
      • CPU:
      • Intel 2500k @4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2X4gb Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • WD 2tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R290
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 750
      • Case:
      • Haf-x tower
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell u2410
      • Internet:
      • broadband with Plusnet
    Quote Originally Posted by ibm View Post
    That's what a public school education will do to you...

...although I gotta agree, fat and ugly people bring me down too...
    Or maybe they still believe in the days when you had free speech........The UK is becoming more and more like "1984".

Thanks
    • BenW's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Dual SATA2
      • CPU:
      • AMD64 3500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB Crucial DDR
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Samsung 8MB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 3850
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ-04
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 17" Ultrasharp
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 8Mb
    Shes stupid for saying it on TV but i have to admit, i can see where she's coming from on some points although slavery is unacceptable.

I live in a reasonable sized town about 30 miles outside London and very very occasionally i can go into a supermarket and not hear an english voice. Now i'm not racist, my best friend is Indian and i know many more but it is scary when you walk into a british shop in a british town and don't hear a single british word.

Hope nothing i just said offended anyone and i'm not agreeing with the girl on shipwrecked

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Buchanan
    Not that I don't like homosexuals - I just don't like what they do.
    What, muff-dive? Yeah, bang out of order.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenW View Post
    Shes stupid for saying it on TV but i have to admit, i can see where she's coming from on some points although slavery is unacceptable.

I live in a reasonable sized town about 30 miles outside London and very very occasionally i can go into a supermarket and not hear an english voice. Now i'm not racist, my best friend is Indian and i know many more but it is scary when you walk into a british shop in a british town and don't hear a single british word.

Hope nothing i just said offended anyone and i'm not agreeing with the girl on shipwrecked
    You haven't offended me, but you've just spoken a load of ****e.

A British word? Is this some magical 'British' language I've not heard of, or is it Esperanto or something? Or did you mean English?

How is not hearing English in some shops in any way scary? You just seem very intolerant and very much a believer of the nonsense the news pours out.

Thanks
    • htid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • C2D E6600 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Corsair XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 180gb Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GTX
      • PSU:
      • 500W Seasonic S12
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Dell
    Quote Originally Posted by BenW View Post

Agreed. (except i live in inner city Middlesbrough)

Thanks
    I'm surprised, to be honest, that this hasn't stirred up a greater reaction than the Jade Goody story.

Advocating slavery isn't just racist as in this case, it's completely ethically bankrupt.

It's comments like this from someone privileged, public school, and therefore likely to be influential in future UK decision-making, that really tarnish the UK's image overseas. If she was uneducated, it wouldn't look so bad, but this girl is a product of what is commonly perceived to be the 'upper tier' of the British education system.

If I wasn't from here, seeing that on national TV would really put me off any kind of tourism / doing business with the UK.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    I'd like to know what a British voice is? Is it like Britains favourite take away the Tikka Massala? Or is the voice of bigotted lil pin pricks like Richard Littlejohn and Gary "I'm not gay, really" Bushell?

The very notion that English speakers are being swamped is just ridiculous, or am I wrong and your call centres are full of poor english lads and lasses having to speak Urdu and pretending to be called Narendra?
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Tools are the subtlest of traps redsky009's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redsky009's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.29 Ghz with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 cooling
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Corsair Twin XMS 6400 (Cas 4)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Seagate + 500GB WD (SATA 300, 7,200rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB PowerColor HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 532
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC LCD2070NX (20", 1600x1200)
      • Internet:
      • 22Mb ADSL 2+
    Racist, bigotted people are all around you: most of them probably just only speak about it when they are amongst friends or whatever, and not on national tv.

I have been really surprised by some normally rational intelligent people that I have known for a while who have suddenly let stuff like that slip when they are drunk. Its really sad that people still have attitudes like that 'britain isn't britain anymore' stuff - so we should all be small minded and just stay in our own countries and never travel and never experience any other cultures? Whatever...

Then on the other side you get people so desparate not to seem racist that they go all out trying to take the culure out of everything just in case someone is 'offended'. Christmas is a predominantly Christian holiday, don't get offended if someone choses to celebrate it. Don't get offended if someone choses to celebrate their own holiday. Get over it, other cultures exist, the only people offended by someone elses are those small minded dimwits...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redsky009 View Post
    Racist, bigotted people are all around you: most of them probably just only speak about it when they are amongst friends or whatever, and not on national tv.
    Agreed completely - racism is very unfashionable at the moment, so few will admit to racist views.

I tend to think that people like to feel superior to someone, in order to assuage any insecurities / lack of self worth.

Racist views tend to be a means of reducing complex social issues to very simple social issues, via a whole range of sweeping, unjustifiable assumptions that they refuse to examine in any detail. Their conclusion always describes the racist as being superior in a whole host of ways to those of other races.

With such 'logic' in place, the racist, even if he might make very little useful contribution to society himself, at least has the comfort of being intrinsically 'better' in various ways than a large proportion of society.

All IMO, of course.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks
    As for what being British is, I remember this quote: -

'Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV’

Thanks
    i'd hit it
    Well, I can cut it in half!

www.theeraserheads.com

Thanks
    She's absolutely vile that woman. She agrees with slavery! Gee, she needs someone to bring her back down to Earth.

On a different note,I can't remember the last time I went out and someone didn't make some sort of racist comment or joke aimed at minorities.

Thanks
    • Dorza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe - WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.06Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Cosair HX520W
      • Case:
      • LianLi something something or other
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo FlexScan S1910 (1280*1024)
      • Internet:
      • 2mb Virgin (when they want to give me that: else 1mb)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    As for what being British is, I remember this quote:

'Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV’

hmm...Clarkson?

Don't know why we have these reality TV shows. Their all a bunch of idiots seeking easy money that they don't have to do anything for at the end of the day. Most of them just act like complete morons they don't deserve our viewing time.

Thanks
    Gasp, shock, horror!

Yet another ill-informed, ignorant oxygen thief stops us all wondering if she's a moron by opening her mouth and confirming it.

What's more worrying is that at just 18 years old she's sad and desperate enough to try and make something of what is obviously going to be a life of obscurity by appearing on some half-arsed, dying gameshow.

And sorry, but parents really ARE to blame for their offspring having attitudes like that.

I don't give a stuff what her dad says about her in the papers, he's hardly going to turn around and admit that they all have white hoods and burn the odd cross here and there, is he?

If it didn't come from her folks, where did it come from? Public School? Who sent her there?

Well done Dad, you daughter has just outed you as a paid up member of the BNP. Go and live in Slough and learn your lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    On a different note,I can't remember the last time I went out and someone didn't make some sort of racist comment or joke aimed at minorities.
    As long as they aren't offensive jokes, Good to hear it!

There's a difference between a joke at minorities (who isn't in a minority/group of some sort, and what joke doesn't have someone as a butt in it) and something offensively racist.

I know you never made a point with that statement, but I think it would be a sad day where you couldn't make a joke about a group in our society in good taste because everyone would gasp and frown.

Tools are the subtlest of traps redsky009's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redsky009's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.29 Ghz with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 cooling
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Corsair Twin XMS 6400 (Cas 4)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Seagate + 500GB WD (SATA 300, 7,200rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB PowerColor HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 532
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC LCD2070NX (20", 1600x1200)
      • Internet:
      • 22Mb ADSL 2+
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    I know you never made a point with that statement, but I think it would be a sad day where you couldn't make a joke about a group in our society in good taste because everyone would gasp and frown.
    Hear hear.

the ability to make, and recieve jokes about your own particular group (be it racial, religious, nerdness, etc etc) is all part of acceptance into a society.
    when it stops being just a joke and people start believing those things to be true is where you have a problem....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information