Thread: Weird problems when waking from Sleep - Windows Error recovery and slow comp

Thanks

Exclamation Weird problems when waking from Sleep - Windows Error recovery and slow comp

Hi guys,

I've got a new build Intel Quad Core, Gigabyte EP41-UD3l rig.

The problem is when I send it to sleep, it automatically wakes up, after going to cmd and typing in "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" it tells me its my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, even with me not touching or pressing any buttons it wakes, I recently installed some drivers to allow the keyboard media keys (volume, play etc) to work so I understand there may be a conflict, if someone could solve this from not happening it'll be a double bonus for me.

However, the main problem is the fact when it wakes from sleep it sometimes goes to windows error recovery mode (safe mode or start windows normally) instead of simply showing me my desktop. I then read that I should go in the BIOS and change SC3 sleep to SC1 sleep. This partially solved the problem but it sometimes still occurs and worse still this isnt really sleep as the fans are on and the front power LED button is till on along with my fan controller/temp monitor.

The computer also seems slow, its a fast quad core with no programmes on it but the windows logon page is slow and the start button takes a few seconds getting itself together. I built an old core 2 duo a few months ago and with Windows 7 its faster than my Quad Core!

The motherboard has just been replaced by Gigabyte with this brand new one, it had a weird beeping problem where it shut down instead of restarting.

Please help guys, and sorry for the long post, tried to keep it descriptive!

Thanks

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: Weird problems when waking from Sleep - Windows Error recovery and slow comp

Sounds like it needs some strong coffee

Is it exactly the same motherboard type and revision? And if not, did you re-install windows? Windows is very picky about motherboards and change usually requires a re-install if you want problem free running/performance.

Also check for any BIOS revisions - sleep problems and possible power saving problems (might be the cause of your sluggishness if it's not running full speed) are often sorted with a new BIOS. In general I don't use wireless devices with sleep modes, they get in the way too much.

Thanks

Re: Weird problems when waking from Sleep - Windows Error recovery and slow comp

I'd advise you don't worry too much about this - I spend ages trying to sort out a sleep problem under Windows 7 myself. My system won't resume from sleep most of the time, the screen and keyboard LEDs stay off for example and I have to unplug and discharge the PSU (presumably to flush RAM) before I can boot again. AMD support were great in trying to troubleshoot but didn't end up resolving it, neither did Sapphire my mobo MFR and they even recommended RMAing the mobo but it turns out sleep problems under 7 are quite common and MS just haven't done anything about it yet. Hopefully there will be a patch out soon to fix all these problems!!

Thread Information