Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New PSU yet still shutting down for no reason!!!

Thanks
    Do you have another graphics card ? Try taking out the 9800Pro and putting a different card in, older the better . See if it runs ok without it.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1024Mb PC-3200 TwinMOS w/Winbond, MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, Radeon 9800SE AIW, 40 GB 7,200 Rpm Hitachi Deskstar, 120GB 7,200 Rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor Diamond 9, 160GB 7200 Rpm 8mb Cache Seagate 7200.7 SATA, Plextor 708A 8x DVD-RW, 550W PFC Q-tec PSU, Casetek 1019SM Silver Case, Camdridge Soundworks DTT2200 Speakers

Laptop: Clevo D470W - 17" Widescreen TFT, Intel Pentium4 3.06Ghz 533FSB, 1024Mb PC-2700 Hynix, Radeon Mobility 9000 64Mb, Fujitsu 80Gb 4,200rpm, 250Gb 7,2000rpm 8mb Cache Maxtor OneTouch, Toshiba SD-R6372 DVD-RW +/- x4, Built-in Four speakers, webcam and microphone

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Tryed allready I put my old geforce 4 in and it still did it.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Hmmm this is quite weird... I turned off the warning when it overheats. I think its the beaping noise that goes "bee boom bee boom bee boom etc". Yet I can hear it really faintly in my speakers. Do you think all this is cause from my cpu?

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    oh and another thing... This is bout 15 minutes after I turned my computer on since its been off for about 2 days. Only things that were running in background were, Kazaa, AIM, Norton antivirus 2003, Sound, Rambooster, and ATI thingy.

Thanks
    The thing you can hear from your speakers sounds like its an overheating warning but that normally comes from your mobo speaker? Have you run memtest yet?

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    I cant!!!!! I though I told ya that before but here I go again. I have no floppy drive what so ever but that overheating noise couldnt be coming from the memory could it?

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    oh geez this has never happend before. My music is playing just fine, sounds great... BUT when i'm in aim (aol instant messanger), when somone instant messaged me, it made the Instant message noise sound really distorted. Sorry i'm posting so much and being so annoying its just I want to get this darn thing to work good.

Thanks
    Im sure you can burn memtest to a cd and then boot using it. Thats one way to get past the no floppy drive Can you check to see if either your northbridge or southbridge is running really hot?

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    lol ok you gota look at it like this. I'm good with computer but i'm not THAT good. So yea whats a northbridge and southbridge and I'll tell you.

by the way thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Ok you know your proc? There should be a biggish chip about 2-3cm below it. It might have a heatsink on it so you cant see the chip. If it is possible to gently touch the heatsink/chip then you can tell if its overheating or not. Also there should be another biggish square chip below your ram sockets. That is the southbridge. It shouldn't have a heatsink on, most don't but some do. Gently touch the middle of the chip to check how hot it is

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    umm theres a lot of chips lol.... I have an Abit NF7-S. Maybe that'll help you locate them.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Hey quick question! Does weather matter? In my house its been like 85º - 95º lately. Its been like 90º for the past week and i'm wondering do you think that could really really warm my computer up to high? The cpu is blowing a lot of warm air and what not.

Thanks

The one on the right is the northbridge, just touch the heatsink but watch out for the fan
    The one in the middle is the southbridge. Touching the middle of the chip should be fine.
    The one on the right i think is the sata/raid controller.

:edit: has this problem only occured in the last week?

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    sorry i'm being a really big annoying nuisance but yea uhh the whole inside is pretty darn warm oh and the northbridge is hmm pretty warm, the southbridge is yikes REALLY hot! But the one on the very left is pretty cool or just lukewarm kinda in middle.

Thanks
    Have you had experience with thermal paste before and mounting of heatsinks? If the weather is only short term the easiest thing is just to either take the side panel off and leave it off, or take off the side panel and put a desk fan blowing straight into your pc from about 2 ft away.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    And the southbridge actually burns my fingers a little bit when i touch it!! I dont know if this is the reason but help me out lol... My house is a constant heat wave beacuse we have no air condition and its just warm air throughout the house. On that note, the fans take air from outside the computer case and blow it into the computer. Right now its blowing warm warm warrrrm air and thats why its getting super hot? Am I right? Or completely wrong?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information