Thread: Sorry for the second message but ...

Thanks

Sorry for the second message but ...

Right now, I feel like I wasted my 3.500$ for nothing at all. I mean, this is just bull****. The frigging mouse is laging all the time, and my external is not working.

I need tools to:
    Monitor the CPU temp. WHILE playing games, or whatever. I want to see what's causing the lagging in the system.

Monitor the GPU temp. same as above. I need something that records the data so I can check them when I finish playing.

Today, I was playing Civilization 4. Everything was okay, and after like 20 minutes the system starts to lag, well the mouse started to lag. And then I closed the game, the mouse kept lagging for another minute, or 2 and then it went back to normal.

What do you suggest I should do? Oh, the same thing happened with Serious Sam II. Frigging mouse, and a ****ed up pc. I don't know why I spent all my money on it. Top of the line my ass.

Thanks
    • ash_rm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-S3
      • CPU:
      • E4300@3.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x 2GB Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 320GB WD & 80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7600GT
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 380W
      • Case:
      • Antec Solo
      • Monitor(s):
      • DGM 24" (1920 x 1200)
      • Internet:
      • Be (~ 3mb)
    You could try something like Speedfan to monitor the temps. I think you just click on charts and then select the sensor you which to monitor.

Not sure what the lagging could be? Is the keyboard & mouse lagging or the actual system?

Registered+
    Thanks
    seen this before - do you have cool n quiet enabled? Have installed the AMD processor driver and the microsoft dual-core patch? There are some lagging/stuttering issues associated with dual-cores and WinXP SP2 from the off.

Instructions to get over them are here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=81429

The patch does solve some issues, but the best advice has been to force the game to one CPU and not let windows sort out the resource allocation - also cool n quiet can cause performance lag when playing games as it cannot change speed state quick enough.

Oh, and be patient - you have no idea how long it took me to stop my top of the line upgrade from BSODing on me - but now its like a rock and rules! These things take time and you will learn!

Matt

Thanks
    Something is wrong, you know. Yesterday, I clicked CTRL + ALT + DELETE to see some information, I had nothing running. No Internet, no MSN, no WINAMP, just the background processes that windows uses by default, and guess what. The processor was 80%, so I lunched Aida32, it turned out that both processors are working on arround 60 to 80%. What's causing that? I'm going to try that patch to see what will happen.

I have Cool 'n Quiet turned off.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    take out the x-fi and see if its any better. also while the x-fi is out, try a standard wired keyboard and mouse. also if your board has 2 pci-e slots, try the graphics card in the other slot (you might have to change jumpers or the bios to enable this though).

double check you have got all the latest drivers and updates. and also check your temps and see if this isnt a heat related issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Thanks
    have you got antivirus software or firewall etc installed? try to make it so that it does not start up with your windows. I recently just discover that some lagging of my pc was cause by the antivirus/firewall software.

Does your mouse still lag if u use a cordless mouse? I used to have a wireless mouse too and it was also causing me some time delay in games like CS and now that i switch to a cordless one the problem is solve.

Thanks
    I don't have any kind of anti-virus/firewalls. I usually kill all the processes that I don't use. Right now I'm using my wired mouse/keyboard. It's not lagging at all, but I'm very fed up because I didn't pay 200$ for my logitech set to throw it away.

I think I will just remove the setpoint thingie and see what will happen next. I only need a bluetooth software to identiy the thingie for the set.

Thanks
    • Paul Adams's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2x250GB SSD / 500GB SSD / 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX1080
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Philips 40" 4K
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps fiber
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Something is wrong, you know. Yesterday, I clicked CTRL + ALT + DELETE to see some information, I had nothing running. No Internet, no MSN, no WINAMP, just the background processes that windows uses by default, and guess what. The processor was 80%, so I lunched Aida32, it turned out that both processors are working on arround 60 to 80%. What's causing that?
    Use Process Explorer to check the process list and see which one is consuming all the CPU time.
    Double-click on the process to bring up more details, then click on the Threads tab - note this may take some time to appear, this is normal (especially on a CPU-bound system).

Now you can see where the CPU time is being spent on a per-thread basis and which module is at the root of the thread.
    If you highlight a thread with high CPU utilisation then click the Stack button you can see which modules are involved in the thread that might be contributing to your issue.
    ~ I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be. ~
    PC: Win10 x64 | Asus Maximus VIII | Core i7-6700K | 16GB DDR3 | 2x250GB SSD | 500GB SSD | 2TB SATA-300 | GeForce GTX1080
    Camera: Canon 60D | Sigma 10-20/4.0-5.6 | Canon 100/2.8 | Tamron 18-270/3.5-6.3

Thread Information