Thread: Network conflict ASUS wifi and Windows?

Thanks

Network conflict ASUS wifi and Windows?

Hello
    I have just aqured a new computer which ha the ASUS P5w DH Deluxe Motherboard. I have installed Windows Xp with SP2 and all of the Asus Drivers for peripherals............including the WiFi-AP Solo driver.
    The problem starts when I choose the wireless network...it sees the network and allows me to select it and aquires the network address and then drops the network and then connects again. This continues at about 1 or 2 second intervals...dropping and aquiring
    The net result is I cant access the network. I have tried going into the Wireless network dialogue box and unchecking the [USE WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS] option and I get [WINDOWSCANNOT CONFIGURE THIS WIRELESS CONECTION] message.
    Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks
    Not sure which way round you have it but it sounds like you have ditched Wireless Zero Config... If so you will need the Asus control utility in order to get it to scan for / connect to networks... Make sure that you disable the service too.

START -> RUN -> services.msc
    Look for Wireless Zero Configuration and disable it & stop it.

If that doesn't fix it then you need newer drivers somewhere possibly... (Or its a flakey card perhaps).
    AMD X2 @ 2.6Ghz, X1800XL @ 540/600

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ken - don't waste too much time on this as I think there is a known problem with these boards - I'd give ASUS a call...

Thread Information