Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Features - Gran Turismo 5 - Real-life vs In-Game

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Features - Gran Turismo 5 - Real-life vs In-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Again, Kotaku could just as easily be mis-interpretation as the others sources you've dismissed. When the behind doors showing off was going on do you really think Sony/PD are going to be showing the Mustang over the Enzo to 'prove' that even the standards have interiors ?
    Not likely, they have a better track record of getting things right. Not to mention the logical view....... why would a Suzuki Cappuccino be included with the 200 premium models..... doesn't add up. And if you notice, the Suzuki interior in GT5P is not very detailed, pretty crappy actually.......while the F430 and GTR are exact. Do the math.

What we can see between the reviews is that Kotaku's was far more in depth, which adds to the credibility. They were also recently sent an email by the guy's at GTplanet and they confirmed that every car has a interior view.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsk8s View Post
    I'm sorry but the links you posted prove nothing. For instance the first one says "While that statement has not been clarified yet" regarding the confusing comment by Kaz. And the second link is directly related to the eurogamer article using it for it's source.

Now let's look at what Kotaku was told behind closed doors.

"At a behind closed doors meeting at the E3 gaming expo, Gran Turismo designer Kazunori Yamauchi showed off the game. GT5 has been in development for years now, first getting revealed at the 2006 E3 event. But, those years of toil are readily visible in the game.

There are over one thousand cars, divided into two classes: Standard and Premium. The standard classes are GT favorites like the Lamborghini Countach or the Ford Mustang. The Premium cars are newer automobiles like the Ferrari Enzo or the Lamborghini Gallardo. Those Premium cars will be the only ones that will featured "panel separation" and deformation. The developers have created fully modeled interiors for the Premium cars, as well as doing detailed modeling for the car's undercarriage and even the exhaust pipes! The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

Looks like we have two conflicting reviews from people at E3. There are also other groups who has stated that they were told EVERY car ALL 1000+ will have an interior.

Er, no. The only things it proves is you didn't understand my post....

The first report is the original report where the confusion came about(his English isn't so good). It was dated May 5th. The second report is recent and dated June 16th clearly states that there is NO interior view.
    There is no interpretation on that, so am i to believe that from people that were at E3, or belive you?
    It clearly states that there is only bumper cam available as in previous GT games, and that they are indeed ports from GT4.
    Until there's up to date info that contradicts this.........

Registered+
    Thanks

Another thing to consider, and is a widely held belief on the GTplanet board is that "interior view" is in regards to being able to see the full interior of the car during the replay/outside view, but is separate from the cockpit view. For instance, many have noted that in the two recent videos (one for standard cars and one for the main vid) there is the Camaro..... which can be seen using cockpit view and later when on the outside view it has the darkened windows.

Polyphony have never been very clear about details on any of their games, there is always a translation issue with them.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Another thing to consider, and is a widely held belief on the GTplanet board is that "interior view" is in regards to being able to see the full interior of the car during the replay/outside view, but is separate from the cockpit view. For instance, many have noted that in the two recent videos (one for standard cars and one for the main vid) there is the Camaro..... which can be seen using cockpit view and later when on the outside view it has the darkened windows.

Polyphony have never been very clear about details on any of their games, there is always a translation issue with them.

http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo...wo-new-videos/

Dated June 18th
    That means the majority of cars in Gran Turismo 5 will only be drivable from the bumper cam view that is known from older GT titles.
    There is no interior view available in the camero in the vid you mention. (first vid in the article above)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Er, no. The only things it proves is you didn't understand my post....

The first report is the original report where the confusion came about(his English isn't so good). It was dated May 5th. The second report is recent and dated June 16th clearly states that there is NO interior view.
    There is no interpretation on that, so am i to believe that from people that were at E3, or belive you?
    It clearly states that there is only bumper cam available as in previous GT games, and that they are indeed ports from GT4.
    Until there's up to date info that contradicts this.........
    No I understood your post very clearly, you just failed to understand mine

I stated that the first link like you said was just about how it was confusing (Kaz always is) and that the second link was simply regurgitating the same misinformation that eurogamer had said..... they directly quoted them as their source.

Eurogamer has been known to make big mistakes like this in the past. Hell the Porsche comment is just further proof they are not paying attention.

Heck even the 2nd link you post says "It’s not all bad though as the non-premium cars apparently look splendid too, the muscle cars in this preview batch are said to be non-premium models." yet when you click the link.... the muscle cars clearly have interiors.

Oh really is that so....... would you care to quote it for us. I just reread the eurogamer article and there is no such claim. NOBODY has mentioned anything about bumper cam being available. And on top of that bumper cam wasn't the only view available in the past GT's, even GT PSP had interior views. Go do your homework please.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

No I understood your post very clearly, you just failed to understand mine

I stated that the first link like you said was just about how it was confusing (Kaz always is) and that the second link was simply regurgitating the same misinformation that eurogamer had said..... they directly quoted them as their source.

Eurogamer has been known to make big mistakes like this in the past. Hell the Porsche comment is just further proof they are not paying attention.

Heck even the 2nd link you post says "It’s not all bad though as the non-premium cars apparently look splendid too, the muscle cars in this preview batch are said to be non-premium models." yet when you click the link.... the muscle cars clearly have interiors.

Oh really is that so....... would you care to quote it for us. I just reread the eurogamer article and there is no such claim. NOBODY has mentioned anything about bumper cam being available. And on top of that bumper cam wasn't the only view available in the past GT's, even GT PSP had interior views. Go do your homework please.

Err, it's in the links i've been posting, you expect me to believe you understood my post when you've not even been reading the info i'm linking

Mabee you should provide some evidence to back up your opinion, at least i have a viable source.

Registered+
    Thanks

Err, it's in the links i've been posting, you expect me to believe you understood my post when you've not even been reading the info i'm linking

Mabee you should provide some evidence to back up your opinion, at least i have a viable source.
    Just re-clicked all of the links and did a word search for bumper cam.......guess what..... it's not there. I even read them..... apparently YOU DIDN'T.

Like I said, show us a direct quote from those links..... but you won't because it doesn't exist. I've already provided the review from Kotaku who completely disagree with eurogamer and have a better article and track record with these things. Not to mention your links are full of blatant mistakes.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Just re-clicked all of the links and did a word search for bumper cam.......guess what..... it's not there. I even read them..... apparently YOU DIDN'T.

Like I said, show us a direct quote from those links..... but you won't because it doesn't exist. I've already provided the review from Kotaku who completely disagree with eurogamer and have a better article and track record with these things. Not to mention your links are full of blatant mistakes.
    What the hell, are you kidding me?

This must be a joke right? That or you can't read.

I'll try again, this is the second time i've posted this!

Direct quote from article.

That means the majority of cars in Gran Turismo 5 will only be drivable from the bumper cam view that is known from older GT titles.
    That is dated June 18th too.

Registered+
    Thanks

Just use logic for a second and take a look at the facts. CLEARLY there has been a translation issue as we have contradicting statements from multiple sources who were at E3. That is undeniable. Now the question is..... who was confused.

Well let's look at we know for a fact. There are 70+ cars in GT5P all with full interiors. These include many economy **** boxes such as the Suzukis and Daihatsu's. So are we to believe that these cars are premium models? Logic tells us that these are regular cars. Also if you read the Kotaku article you will see that the Mustang GT is considered a regular car and not premium.... yet it had a full interior in GT5P.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

You keep bringing GT5P - We are not discussing GT5P, put the GT5P kool aid down.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Registered+
    Thanks

What the hell, are you kidding me?

This must be a joke right? That or you can't read.

I'll try again, this is the second time i've posted this!

Direct quote from article.

That is dated June 18th too.
    That wasn't part of your original post which is what I am referring to. Also nowhere in that article does it state it's sources. Without sources this is not a credible post. Everything that you are linking me to comes from virtualr.net and not a single one of those articles have been from first hand information but rather they have been from outside sources.

Here's a tip you should have learned back in highschool. When you are doing research, go right to the source, don't base your research off of what someone heard from someone else. Even the last link you posted has no sources of ANY kind.

Please please stop talking because you don't have a clue.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    You keep bringing GT5P - We are not discussing GT5P, put the GT5P kool aid down.
    I bring it up because it is a valid point. We have NO EVIDENCE clearly stating that the standard cars will NOT have interiors. None. Polyphony have not said anything about bumper cams, never have. We have different people who were at E3 in person, who are saying different things. Some say interior views on everything, and then we have eurogamer saying no. Who are we to believe? How about common sense...... you're telling me they spent the last 6 years on this game and didn't bother to put generic interiors in the standard models? Looks like I'm not the one who needs to put the kool aid down.

Take a look at GT PSP..... all 800+ cars had a cockpit view....... and you're telling me they couldn't do the same thing for GT5..... they're flagship game...... seriously wake the **** up. When you look at the PSP version you can see the windows are dark like in the GT5 standard car video.... yet they all had cockpit view. This leads right back to the original thought that "no interior view" means that you cannot see the interiors during a replay, BUT that you still have cockpit view while playing.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Just use logic for a second and take a look at the facts. CLEARLY there has been a translation issue as we have contradicting statements from multiple sources who were at E3. That is undeniable. Now the question is..... who was confused.

Well let's look at we know for a fact. There are 70+ cars in GT5P all with full interiors. These include many economy **** boxes such as the Suzukis and Daihatsu's. So are we to believe that these cars are premium models? Logic tells us that these are regular cars. Also if you read the Kotaku article you will see that the Mustang GT is considered a regular car and not premium.... yet it had a full interior in GT5P.
    Contradicting statements? Mabee you could post links to some. Alot of the info of direct action with GT5 at E3 the reviews seem to almost wholly concentrate on the glorious wonders of the premium cars. There's little info about the regular cars except which i have posted, or which doesn't tell you the actualy answer. Unless you know different, this is typical of the others that have been clearly forced to review the premium content only.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266213...opslot;title;2

The standard cars still look superb, but the level of detail just isn't the same. In fact, most of the standard cars have been taken from previous GT games and optimized for the PS3's graphics shader. For the record, even though standard cars can't be damaged in the same ways that premium models can, they'll still be susceptible to physics-based damage, dents, dirt, and scratches.
    That's typical of the rest, they still talk about wonderfull created premium cars and not so for the others. But the VirtualR site i've seen that has said one way or the other what's the case.
    Unless you can post a link to some facts which you haven't so far. This is all we have to go on.

GT5 at E3 seems to be only through rose tinted goggles at the best of what's in the game. There's no looking at the lesser cars.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

That wasn't part of your original post which is what I am referring to. Also nowhere in that article does it state it's sources. Without sources this is not a credible post. Everything that you are linking me to comes from virtualr.net and not a single one of those articles have been from first hand information but rather they have been from outside sources.

Here's a tip you should have learned back in highschool. When you are doing research, go right to the source, don't base your research off of what someone heard from someone else. Even the last link you posted has no sources of ANY kind.

Please please stop talking because you don't have a clue.

Also nowhere in that article does it state it's sources
    and not a single one of those articles have been from first hand information but rather they have been from outside sources.
    Hmm, and i don't know what i'm talking about.
    Lol you laughable, where are your sourses? I'm being critisised you havn't posted a single link!

Registered+
    Thanks

This same stupidity happened back when everyone freaked out that there were only going to be 20 tracks, which was simply retarded.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Take a look at GT PSP..... all 800+ cars had a cockpit view....... and you're telling me they couldn't do the same thing for GT5..... they're flagship game...... seriously wake the **** up. When you look at the PSP version you can see the windows are dark like in the GT5 standard car video.... yet they all had cockpit view. This leads right back to the original thought that "no interior view" means that you cannot see the interiors during a replay, BUT that you still have cockpit view while playing.
    Your trying to tell me that after 5 years they would have in game cockpit view but not for replays

Also on the providence front, how do you expect any of us to have first hand information when, to the best of my knowledge, none of us were in PD's behind closed doors demo. Again, Kotaku's japanese may not be as good as some think and could be wrong compared to other sources, or would you prefer it if i called them non-Kotaku gaming sites ?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information