• Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line
    I can't say i find the launch titles very impressive - compared with other consoles where there were some pretty damn good things on offer (Wii, DS, 360). The only few that i would consider really good are Oblivion, COD3 and FEAR - hardly platform unique.

I'm sure the rest of them are fun to play - i suppose my biggest quarm is that i'm not a big fan of sports games - but it just seems a bit weak. I mean, a stupidly powerful console like the PS3 and the best launch titles they could come up with are tennis, sudoku and 'Super Rub'a'Dub ' ..

Thanks
    Hmm I'd have though it would be priced £399 instead of £425. Anyway still too high for people to buy when they could get the Wii for so much less.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • stiggyb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M2N-SLi Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD X2 Dual Core 4600+
      • Memory:
      • GeIL 2GB DDR2 667MHz
      • Storage:
      • Hitatchi 74Gb (10,000rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Galaxy 7950GT 512Mb
      • PSU:
      • 450W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 534
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX922 19" (2ms)
      • Internet:
      • ENTA 2.2mbit
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, any press release on games prices?? with all the rumours of them being £80... even £50 is steap on play.com

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless
    I guess I'm in the minority but funds (and more importantly other half ) allowing I'll be trying for one on launch day.

Doesn't seem as if it'll be too difficult to get one but I dunno how much demand all the spoilt kiddies will create. I imagine they'll be more of a factor than the more mature market, as illustrated by the apathy on here.

After the HDMI cable and the second controller I might just be able to scrape one game That'll be Formula One providing it isn't toooo bad.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiternoise View Post
    I can't say i find the launch titles very impressive - compared with other consoles where there were some pretty damn good things on offer (Wii, DS, 360).
    Really? Good stuff on the 360 was there? Some real beauties? I had a 360 soon after the european launch, and here is the line-up:

# Amped 3 (2K Sports) Average.
    # Call of Duty 2 (Activision) Good fun.
    # Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA) Average.
    # FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (Electronic Arts) Crap.
    # GUN (Activision) Crap.
    # Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios) Good fun.
    # Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Game Studios) Crap.
    # Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie(Ubisoft) Utter crap.
    # Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts) Average.
    # NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts) Beyond crap.
    # Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Electronic Arts) Average.
    # Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios) Quality.
    # Quake 4 (Activision, id software and Raven Software Corp.) Crap.
    # Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06(Electronic Arts) Average.
    # Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision) The worst game in human history.

Now, is that really a killer lineup? Take Gotham out, and its pretty poor isn't it? Apart from Gotham which games exactly did you find 'pretty damn good'?

Its almost as if you just said that to make your point seem more true than it is.

I had a 360 at this time, and I know the launch was disapointing, but just to show you are not anti-PS3 sheep #567, perhaps you could point out the quality to me?

I mean, a stupidly powerful console like the PS3 and the best launch titles they could come up with are tennis, sudoku and 'Super Rub'a'Dub ' ..
    No, the best they could come up with are Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, Formula One, Virtua Fighter 5, GT HD Concept, Tekken: DR, Flow, etc.

I've not played any of these of course, but going on the reviews I've read, videos I've watched, etc, these would be the most exciting games coming out at launch.

I don't know why you've been led to believe its Super Rub'a'Dub or Sudoku... its almost as if you've listed those games to make your point seem more true than it is.

Would you do that though? Would you, you cheeky little monkey?

Thanks
    While the 360's launch was far from stellar, at least they managed to gather enough demand to outstrip supply for a couple of months, something the PS3 didn't accomplish.

Banned
    Thanks
    To be honest I don't actually care, but ever since Stoo pointed out that every thread in which the PS3 is mentioned, or any bit of positive PS3 news, gets jumped all over by rabid 360 owners, frothing at the mouth, pulling statements of 'fact' out of their arse, I've taken an interest.

So here we have a PS3 launch line-up thread, and its exactly the same. Its quite funny, because if you're not planing to get a PS3 then why do you care?

It also funny because people like Whitenoise just say things they haven't thought about or checked to see if its true; it seems the truth doesn't matter so long as the general theme of your message is 'omfg ps3 sux!11!'

Has someone said fanboy in this thread? If they have, I'm going to ban them for 1000 years. Seriously.

Thanks
    So 'fanboi' is alright then?

TBH I've never owned a console and do all my gaming on my PC, but the whole PS3 thing has been very amusing, hehe.

Banned
    Thanks
    Its actually been pretty shocking. I'll argue about this and that until I'm blue in the face (as you may have noticed), and I don't need much of an excuse to put my opinion across, but the brainless slagging off of the PS3 by people who have made an educated choice not to like it (read: people who own a 360) is something else.

Childish nonsense, statements pulled out of the air, 'fanboy' accusations thrown at anyone who actually likes the system. Its been like the GameFAQs or the IGN forums around here of late.

Shame on you kids.

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless
    I had a 360 at launch and I have to agree the titles available were slightly less than stellar. Hence me buying it with King Kong Ah, sod it, I actually quite enjoyed it.

I don't really need a massive list of games available at launch to make me buy a PS3. I'm lucky if I buy more than one game at a time anyway, so if there's two games I like available I'm happy. I'm an F1 nut so there's at least one for definite. As it's an exclusive I MUST have a PS3

I'm sure when funds allow there'll always be at least one game I can force myself to buy

Thanks
    Agreed on the 360 lineup, only PGR3 gave me solace, although Amped 3 was fun.

I think there's been negative's around about Sony before the PS3 launch, mostly brought on by Sony themselves.

Everyone has a right to have their own opinion and for people who own a 360 I guess they have a console that plays awesome games so they see no point in the PS3.

I am reserving judgement until some AAA titles come out, but it just riles me that part of Sony's selling strategy has been "it's a Playstation, it'll sell". That's just so friggin arrogant.

The PS3's price puts me off as well.

Anyway Stewart, enjoy your PS3 on release and relax knowing you'll be happy with it
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Banned
    Thanks
    But not with the hole in my bank account. Will have to cherry pick the best titles - one quality single player game, something good online, and something I can chill with.

Resistance, MotorStorm and Golf I reckon.

But Tiger Woods isnt exclusive to the system!!?111 Can I still buy it?!/1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    But Tiger Woods isnt exclusive to the system!!?111 Can I still buy it?!/1
    Definitely not! The 360 version will be far reason for reason x, x, and x. So there!

Resistance: FOM/F1 Championship/Motorstorm and RR7 (when it's a bit cheaper) for me I think, VT3 i'll go for on the 360 for online play.

Pretty strong lineup for me, even considering it's been delayed by 5-6 months .

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line
    1. For reference, i don't own a Wii or a 360.
    2. I was not "brainlessly" slagging off - that was my opinion.
    3. Ok, maybe the 360 was a bad example, but i enjoyed playing Perfect Dark, Project Gotham, COD2. Need for speed was ok, Quake 4 was ish.
    4. The games you list:

Formula one: not a big fan of F1
    Motorstorm: fine another racing game
    Virtua Figher: never really been hooked by fighting games - too repetitive
    GT: Ok i missed one - Gran Turismo is ace
    Tekken: another fighting game.
    Flow: Looks fun

Fine, so the games are good, but they're not exactly groundbreaking (except for resistance, GT and flow) . The DS launch was great because of the whole touchscreen thing, the 360 launch was good because it was the first next gen console - ie the graphics were great, the games were also pretty good, the Wii was like the DS - wiimote games, zelda, a new experience. The PS3 launch lineup just doesn't sound like anything special, just the superb graphics.

Just get over the whole stereotyped "oh he's stating his opinion - that must make him a ps3 hater" thing. I don't want to get into a 'fanboy' debate because that would be sad. All i did was state my view that IN MY OPINION, i thought that the selection of games could have been better.

The point about sudoku was that it just seemed a waste of development time, especially with the graphical capabilties of the console to make a game that you can get in the back of a newspaper.
    Last edited by Whiternoise; 27-01-2007 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Has someone said fanboy in this thread? If they have, I'm going to ban them for 1000 years. Seriously.
    Lol - the only person in this thread to use the word fanboy was me (referring to me!) - as I got a bit overexcited and thought we weren't going to get *the* PS3 PGR (Motorstorm).

I'll get me coat :-)

Thanks
    • magneticman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3x2gb Corsair Dominator 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB F1 + 2TB F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 560Ti DirectCU II
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V2110
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity
    best. launch lineup. ever

This makes the UK the most expensive place to buy a PlayStation 3 in the world.
    Just because the pound is so bloody strong doesn't mean we should have to pay doublre or whatever though...
    Last edited by magneticman; 29-01-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information