Thread: ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe Motherboard

DR
    Thanks

ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe Motherboard

"Given the street price of ~£75 and the wealth of features on offer from ASUS, the P4R800-V Deluxe is an excellent motherboard if pure performance isn't your primary aim. ASUS and ATI have managed to fill a void that's existed for some time. We just ask that ATI manage to extract better performance from the 9100 IGP chipset. ASUS, in the end, has done a good a job as anyone. Another well-rounded board from the Taiwanese masters."
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD03NDU=

Thanks
    Mmm, good review. At £75 it looks a good board for office systems or even HTPCs with SVideo etc. esp with that much onboard.

Would have been nice to compare the onboard GFX with another onboard like the Intel one (prob no competition anyways, lol) or the onboard NForce2 IGP

G4 PowerMac - Tiger 10.4 - 512MB RAM
    MacBook - 2Ghz - 1GB RAM - 120GB HDD

Rotel RC970BX | DBX DriveRack |2x Rotel RB850
    B&W DM640i | Velodyne 1512

Thanks
    Hi, David, well it was good idea to test an ATI IGP9000 based motherboard. But you totaly missed the point with your benchmark. This motherboard is, as you said, concurent to I845G or I865G chipset based motherboards. This kind of motherboard IS NOT made in mind to be populated with high end graphics(like 9800xt) because people who are buying this stuff have no money/interest to buy additional graphic adapter. So direct comparasion to I845/I865 and other onboard graphics solution for Intels CPU will be right thing to do. Cause this is where the difference is. This is primary interest. If you going to put high-end graphics after is totally different thing. And nobody buys integrated graphics so he can use AGP for latest in graphics. Its usually MP3,DivX,DVD,PVR solutions that are made with this kind of motherboards. This had to be shown to the readers. OK.
    Hoping, I wasn't too hard on you.

DR
    Thanks
    Interesting when you speak to ASUS and indeed ATI they state that this can be used as a starting point for people and they later expect people to put a newer card in.

People do buy boards for the chipset performance, look at the NF2 solution with integrated graphics?

Too hard on me? Nah.

Thanks

OK.
    1. I still thing comparing this MB to Intel based graphic solutions would be the right thing.
    2. Of course if you ask Intel they will say that an P4 3.4Ghz EE CPU will be right thing for your office needs. And Asus and ATI will probably advice you once when you bought this MB , its good thing to add an 9800XT, just in case your neighboor is in visit. And its good for chating .
    3. NF2 is different story as IT IS best perfoming chipset for AMD XP. IGP is not, and doesn't pretends to be. I built several systems with this chipsets. Clients were allways the casual gamers(you know, just in case). What did they usually add was TV tuner card.

It comes out that IGP integrated graphics are 2-3 times faster then Intel ones. I know someones that play NFS:Underground on this. Try to play that on Intel.

Of course that you need to show MB perfomance and the best thing is by installing additional graphic card, so we can see memory and in general chipset pefomance.

And, have a nice day (night if you prefer).
    The more you live, less you die. More you play, more you die. Isn't it great.

Thread Information