• Operating System:
      • Linux Mint 12 / Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 30" 3008WFP and two Dell 24" 2412M
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60 Mbps

Re: First looks - CoolIT OMNI A.L.C. meets NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

Quote Originally Posted by HW_90 View Post
    way too pricey, you can get an EK 480 block, a 360mm rad + fans and the rest of the stuff you need for less than the cooler + interposer plate and it would perform way better.
    I think you may be living in a dream world. The water block alone is ~£75, and I'd be well impressed if you can get a reservoir, pump, tubes, fans, radiator, barbs and coolant for the remaining £75 of budget.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    The 700D? No side window and basically the same barring the hotswap bays.
    it's a bit of a rip-off though, only £20 less and you lose the window and hotswap bays.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by HW_90 View Post
    it's a bit of a rip-off though, only £20 less and you lose the window and hotswap bays.
    Isn't the case overpriced anyway, its part steel which is a bit 'lol' for the price.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Quote Originally Posted by barrolde View Post
    Hi Guys - this is Barry w/ CoolIT.

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peak! I'll be trolling around should anyone have any more specific quetsions for us.

Cheers!
    Heres my specific question.... When will you be sending me one for free?.

Looks damn good, nice single slot solution and tbh you shouldnt expect great performance from an all in one but it seems to do a pretty good job at it.

@ the guy that says you can make a WC loop similarly priced, care to link or list the components you would use? Cause im all for watercooling and would like to get a loop for my gpu eventually .
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    Heres my specific question.... When will you be sending me one for free?.

Looks damn good, nice single slot solution and tbh you shouldnt expect great performance from an all in one but it seems to do a pretty good job at it.

@ the guy that says you can make a WC loop similarly priced, care to link or list the components you would use? Cause im all for watercooling and would like to get a loop for my gpu eventually .
    Hey Hicks12, I supposed I could stand to give one away for free... shipping is going to be 275 USD though

No harm in trying my friend. Glad you like to design.. agreed it does look pretty sharp. A PC w/ an OMNI + our upcoming Vantage CPU cooler + upcoming Maestro lighting and fan controller is pretttttty rad looking and performing. We're doing our best to address real life thermal and acoustic issues and the hard work we've been putting in is really starting to pay off.

Regarding free stuff - I can see us running a little contest on HEXUS to give a couple away but that will be a few weeks away whilst we prepare everything for retail launch but keep your eyes out for it in late May.

Thanks

No offense, but it is utter s**te.

Looks like it was made in a shed and performs like it was made in a shed.

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-ne...vidia-gtx.html

Thanks
    • CK_1985's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-H87N-WiFi mini-ITX
      • CPU:
      • i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce GTX660ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone Strider 450W SFX
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG-05
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Fibre

I had high hopes for these coolers when they were first previewed a while ago (was it at CES?) and while I'm not blown away, I'm not disappointed either. For people like me who don't want the hassle/effort/risk of building a custom water-cooling loop this looks like an excellent product. I'm certainly going to be keeping a close eye on it until my next rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMatrix View Post

...Looks like it was made in a shed and performs like it was made in a shed.
    The review did say that this is a pre-production sample and the finished retail product will look a lot more slick, to be fair.
    "I want to be young and wild, then I want to be middle aged and rich, then I want to be old and annoy people by pretending that I'm deaf..."

my Hexus.Trust

Thanks

it's pretty good for a pre-production sample but i wonder how it compares to a normal GPU block.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

i get the feeling it will not be any better than a much cheeper aftermarket air cooler tbh. water cooling works best when there is very little between the source of the heat and the water, adapter plates will be its downfall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    I think you may be living in a dream world. The water block alone is ~£75, and I'd be well impressed if you can get a reservoir, pump, tubes, fans, radiator, barbs and coolant for the remaining £75 of budget.
    you're forgetting the interposer plate which is £60 by itself,

that's £210, so £135 left, radiator is £30-£50, pump + reservoir is £55-£75, coolant is less than £10, 3m of tubing is £7 and two Yate loon 1650rpm's are £8. that's £5 less going for the median of the radiator and pump + reservoir.

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Hey Hicks12, I supposed I could stand to give one away for free... shipping is going to be 275 USD though

No harm in trying my friend. Glad you like to design.. agreed it does look pretty sharp. A PC w/ an OMNI + our upcoming Vantage CPU cooler + upcoming Maestro lighting and fan controller is pretttttty rad looking and performing. We're doing our best to address real life thermal and acoustic issues and the hard work we've been putting in is really starting to pay off.

Regarding free stuff - I can see us running a little contest on HEXUS to give a couple away but that will be a few weeks away whilst we prepare everything for retail launch but keep your eyes out for it in late May.
    Damn was hoping for a £20 delivery fee , Well since i gave you the idea of a competition i should win instantly .

Ill be entering any competition soon for one of these , also cant wait to see your 240mm radiator version.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMatrix View Post
    No offense, but it is utter s**te.

Looks like it was made in a shed and performs like it was made in a shed.

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-ne...vidia-gtx.html
    Sorry Data, you should read the hexus review as the paragraph below the temp graph clearly says "At reference clocks, we found the Omni A.L.C. was able to lower load temperature to 82°C - significantly lower than NVIDIA's reference air cooler" So thats already knocked off 10C and since it was 3.9C higher ambient that could mean 14C reduction.

Remember that the Nvidia cooler is already a decent cooler when compared to say a radeon cooler or the older Nvidia gen cards, so a 3rd party air cooler may not provide the same significant increases that they used to have on the older gen.

I thought i read the price as it would be $200 with the whole kit and including a plate, then when you need a new plate (changing card) its about £60.

Also the price of making a custom watercooling loop,sure it can be cheaper and perform better but its the exact same thing as buying a Dell as apposed to building your own pc. You pay a premium for them doing it for you, if your WC loop leaks then mostly your fked... i almost killed my motherboard installing my WC loop . Buying a predone loop gets rid of that risk so it demands a premium.

edit: Also, if you look at the Hexus table for temps ingame (BFBC2) it shows the 480 OC hits 73C when compared to a stock clocked 480 that hits 94C and is much louder... thats damn good for real world performance.
    Last edited by Hicks12; 24-04-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks
    • Brewster0101's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus m5a99x evo
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600mghz
      • Storage:
      • Western Green 3TB + Samsung 850Evo 512MB SSD, + 2TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 280X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AXi760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" 27EA63 IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • 120Mb Bt

Quote Originally Posted by scaryjim View Post
    But you'd be looking at an entirely new waterblock when you changed the GTX480, whereas with this you'd just get a new interposer plate, which should theoretically be cheaper.

Plus, it's designed for people who wouldn't consider building their own water loop for fear of leaks / messing it up etc. It's not aimed to compete with separates watercooling - it's aimed to compete with top end air coolers.

And it actually makes the GTX480 make some sense! Cool, quiet, lots of OC headroom... wow!

I can see a lot of people who like the idea of water cooling but don't have the confidence to build their own loop going for one of these and a CPU all-in-one solution on the basis that - as long as new CPU brackets and interposer plates are made - they can keep their watercooling system as they change their PC... Sure, it won't be for everyone (I'd rather build my own loop, tbh) but there's definitely a market for this and it's a well executed product...
    I see your point, but I can't see many people spending £150 on a universal cooler for their graphics card if they weren't a serious fan of water cooling in the first place.

Also there is a down side to all these pre-made kits. If you buy one for you CPU and now your GPU you have two kits in your case, which would require two well placed 120mm fan holes. They wouldn't go next to each other as the rads would bump into each other.

Most people would spend £60 for a pre-made CPU kit but £150 for a GPU one is a tad high, regardless if it might last a few generations.

Its a nice idea, but too expensive and the results aren't really that thrilling. Get the new Arctic GPU cooler for the 480 if the temps bother you.

Thanks

^ I am not a 'serious fan of water cooling', but I am a big fan of quiet (i.e. silent from where I am sitting) computing, and I have/will pay a premium for it. £150 is a hefty down payment, and I have concern as to whether it will really last 'several generations'. But assuming it does, and assuming that it also outperform existing 3rd party air coolers (which I will end up spend £20-30 on otherwise anyway), it may not be such a bad buy (but I would certainly want to see a review that pits it against well established 3rd party air coolers).

Thanks

eh, if you're going to be using this for research why aren't you buying one of the higher end supercomputer nvidia cards? 480 is good but nowhere near as powerful as other things still given that it's mainly geared for end user computer games not serious serious numbercrunching.

Thanks
    • borandi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 D0 (2.66Ghz) @ 4.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill 3x1GB DDR3-1333Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung PB22-J 64GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x5850 in CF
      • PSU:
      • 800W
      • Case:
      • Verre V770
      • Operating System:
      • Windoze XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19"WS
      • Internet:
      • 8MB/448kbps up

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    eh, if you're going to be using this for research why aren't you buying one of the higher end supercomputer nvidia cards? 480 is good but nowhere near as powerful as other things still given that it's mainly geared for end user computer games not serious serious numbercrunching.
    The high end cards are just the 285/470/480 with 4GB RAM/GPU and ECC memory for 10x the price, which isn't vital in my research.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz
    The 700D? No side window and basically the same barring the hotswap bays.
    700D sounds good, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllopsium
    Noisy can often be solved with long cables/remote access.

I would question selecting the GTX480 option until it's proven itself. It's such a hot and power hungry card I do wonder how much margin (if any) it has for longevity. Hope you've got a good warranty.
    Long cables/remote access is not an option. I have an office to put it in.

For CUDA related stuff computationally, it's already proven itself - as effective as a GTX295 in 1 GPU. I'd rather be fiddling around with 3/4 GPUs rather than 6/8 with multiple 295s. Use of this OMNI would help with temps, given that they're going to be battered 24/7 at ~100% load.

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Thanks
    • borandi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 D0 (2.66Ghz) @ 4.1Ghz
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill 3x1GB DDR3-1333Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung PB22-J 64GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x5850 in CF
      • PSU:
      • 800W
      • Case:
      • Verre V770
      • Operating System:
      • Windoze XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19"WS
      • Internet:
      • 8MB/448kbps up

Hi Guys - this is Barry w/ CoolIT.

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peak! I'll be trolling around should anyone have any more specific quetsions for us.

Cheers!
    Any ETA for the UK market? I may need a few for the GTX480.

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information