• PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    swimming is a fine fine fitness maker....

and kids do my head in too....but most evenings the pools have a fast lane...not that Im fast, but hey....go up and down for a while.

Its BORING tho.....so dull....but amazing for everypart of you...heart and muscles.

PLUS doesn't knacker your joints like jogging

I like swimmaging

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33
    swimming is a fine fine fitness maker....

and kids do my head in too....but most evenings the pools have a fast lane...not that Im fast, but hey....go up and down for a while.

Its BORING tho.....so dull....but amazing for everypart of you...heart and muscles.

PLUS doesn't knacker your joints like jogging

I like swimmaging
    yeah its good for u even when u aint fit... like me !! my left knee bothers me sometimes, but not when i swim i can do an hour in the gym, and be walking like a cripple that afternoon but if i go swimming its fine

I like swimmaging too Hate getting dressed afterwards, no matter how dry u feel, your clothes still stick to u like glue

South Barrule from Cringle Plantation (with a Landy )

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    I went and got weighed this morning.... after a week of drinking around 3 litres of water a day, and exerciseing for five of the last 7 days ive lost a pound and a half. Apparently thats a normal weekly weight loss?

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    A pound and a half hmmm should be a little more i would think. Look at what you eat and figure out where your going wrong...

Snacking is bad unless its fruit or something sensible

Dont skip meals it'l just make you more hungry

Thanks
    A pound and a half a week isn't bad at all, if you keep it up you'll lose a stone every 10 weeks, and it doesn't sound like you need to lose much more than that. Remember that if you exercise 5 times a week you're likely to have put on some muscle, so you may well have lost more than 1 1/2lb of fat. Putting on a bit of muscle is a good thing (unless you want to be a bony catwalk model) because muscle burns energy so the more you have the more energy you'll burn, so if you eat the same amount you'll lose weight quicker. Don't forget to eat plenty of protein.

I go up and down in weight a bit, but this year I've decided that I'm going to have a six pack by the time I go on Holiday in July. My technique is just to eat a bit less than my appetite tells me I need to, and to run for the train every day 'cos I set off late. Working so far.

My wife is doing the Weightwatchers points system. It seems to work alright when she sticks to it, but it still annoys me as it's totally unscientific; a food's points value isn't just based on the number of calories it contains but also on it's saturated fat content. What a load of crap! 50g of lard would probably give you more than your daily points allowance, but I reckon that if you ate 50g of lard every day and nothing else you'd lose weight pretty sharpish! (although you' also get scurvy after a while).

Rich :¬)
    Last edited by Rave; 30-03-2004 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Rant about Weightwatchers, expand on point about muscle.

I've left
    Thanks
    Bah! Diets suck anyway. Eat cake , be happy, jump around a little afterwards
    (well , not straight after, there would be a backwards cake massacre!!)

I did an American weight prediction thingy which said I needed to be 7 stone to be the "average" weight; but a British one that said I was slightly underweight.(im about 9 1/2 stone 5'3)

I am lucky in the way if I put on weight it all goes to er... useful places! Except now I seem to be being punished for it as I have to pay twice as much for over shoulder boulder holders and have to search all the land for just those!

Still, gotta love my cake!
    There's a thin person in every fat person.....that's because they just ate them.

Thanks
    some cake is better than others ;-)

ps...... http://www.bravissimo.com/home.html
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

I've left
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick
    some cake is better than others ;-)

ps...... http://www.bravissimo.com/home.html
    haw haw haw!!

ps-i am member of bravissimo- extremly overpriced, nearly £100 for a bog standard bikini!

This is why I am venturing in to the world of lingerie design!
    There's a thin person in every fat person.....that's because they just ate them.

Thanks
    Have you tried La Senza? They seem to do up to a G cup (in some styles at least), I was able to sort my missus out with a nice Christmas pressie as a result.

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    was getting worried there for a minute Rave, for the missus.....right
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

I've left
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    Have you tried La Senza? They seem to do up to a G cup (in some styles at least), I was able to sort my missus out with a nice Christmas pressie as a result.

Used to work there. Yes they do some bigger sizes, but they look like parachutes. As they do in most places

Thanks for the suggestion anyway

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blub2k
    was getting worried there for a minute Rave, for the missus.....right
    Who says I didn't treat myself at the same time?

Anyway Cat Woman, be sure to let us know when your designs hit the market.

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Woman
    Used to work there. Yes they do some bigger sizes, but they look like parachutes. As they do in most places

Thanks for the suggestion anyway
    If you have big boobs, anything u wear is gonna like a parachute
    I however have the opposite problem

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Once upon a time I helped my Ex loose some weight.....she'd been gently gaining and I nor she had ever noticed....then out came the old photos...ta daa....you see it then dontcha

Anyway....its a lont time ago, BUT it still applies now....

This worked a treat: Whatever MEAT you normally eat, simply half the quantity and replace with a bean of some sort, such as Flageolet or Kidney beans or whatever....basically....buy tins of beans for the cupoboard.

THEN,,,while cooking, use kitchen roll to absord the fat....example.

Spag Bol

1 Onion.....fry in 1 teaspoon of olive oil.....gently fry.....sizzle sizzle

Add mince....one of those little 75p packs from tescos' for 2 people.....ass it cooks down and fries a nice brown, hold the pan at an angle, let all the fat and oil slide down to one side, hold the mince out of the way with a spatula and use a sheet of kitchen roll to absorb it....the sad thing is it takes about 3 sheets to absorb all the fat from one small amount of mince....but thats where the weight gain is from

Then......in with the beans, in with a tin of tomatos, a pich of hebs, grind of black pepper and NO salt.....try to getrid of salt altogether...its bad for ya.

Pasta....cooked until just done and then toss in the tiniest amount of olive oil and some of the water from the cooking process

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Salt retains water so it makes you look fatter and makes you weigh more. A good tip i got in my hardcore dieting days was to put one quarter craberry juice in every litre of water. It flushes out toxins and stops water retention.

At the moment i'm in a serious training mode. I've got some simple rules. train everyday, burn more than 800 calories in one workout, travel more than 10 miles and do at least 1 hour and 5 minutes workout.

I'm doing that this week and then i've got 2 weeks easter holidays so over that period i'm going to do an hours workout before breakfast so i only burn fat as opposed to carbs. Last time i weighed myself i was 9 stone and 3 pounds. I want to get down to 8 and a half so i'm going to see if i can do it in a month. We'll see

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeZZeR
    Salt retains water so it makes you look fatter and makes you weigh more. A good tip i got in my hardcore dieting days was to put one quarter craberry juice in every litre of water. It flushes out toxins and stops water retention.

At the moment i'm in a serious training mode. I've got some simple rules. train everyday, burn more than 800 calories in one workout, travel more than 10 miles and do at least 1 hour and 5 minutes workout.

I'm doing that this week and then i've got 2 weeks easter holidays so over that period i'm going to do an hours workout before breakfast so i only burn fat as opposed to carbs. Last time i weighed myself i was 9 stone and 3 pounds. I want to get down to 8 and a half so i'm going to see if i can do it in a month. We'll see
    How tall are you? and what are your reasons for wanting to lose weight? cos you dont sound overweight, its ok being healthy but dont take it to the extreme

Thread Information