• Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    its 6pm-11pm every day, they've sent me 2 FUP warnings already which is a bit harsh considering that i usually get between 40-70k/s if im lucky.. when i go home i get 220+ kb with nildram tiscali = rubbish, when we move house in july I think i will be going with nildram

edit:

Just did a speedtest:

Downstream = 766 Kbps (95.8 KB/sec)
    Upstream = 249 Kbps (31.1 KB/sec)
    Last edited by streetster; 31-01-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by streetster
    its 6pm-11pm every day, they've sent me 2 FUP warnings already which is a bit harsh considering that i usually get between 40-70k/s if im lucky.. when i go home i get 220+ kb with nildram tiscali = rubbish, when we move house in july I think i will be going with nildram

edit:

Just did a speedtest:

Downstream = 766 Kbps (95.8 KB/sec)
    Upstream = 249 Kbps (31.1 KB/sec)
    Same here as well as a few friends.

Basically during these times I stay on the net, outlook open (to automatically collect emails) MSN logged in and perhaps one or two hours of Interent Radio that only uses 10-20kb/s bandwidth.

How the hell am I exceeding..... (whatever low limit is in place...)
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Thanks
    Tiscali are utter fools and i am leaving them as soon as I find someone who'll let me run a decent package thru a BT line.

When i got my first tiscali FUP warning i installed a broadband throttle which dealt with torrents p2p ftp etc. There was no way round it...

but guess what!? Tiscali continue spamming me with FUP warning emails... so I ignored them [no one answers support mails anyway - they did during the first month of the contract but not after] and of course i get the final one and then a move onto their 212.xxx.xxx bad greedy users domain.

So I deceide to go back through the FUP warnings and tiscali use notices... what do I find but the plebs have used TWO DIFFERENT PEAK HOUR sets - they claim in one mail that peak at weekends is 12pm to 4pm and in another few it becomes 6pm to 11pm. i have these and can prove it.

So I wrote to them [3 times] telling them that they shouldn't expect clients to get things right if they don't. They then today mailed me saying

"we are giving you another chance" - the sheer cheek of it.

So now I'm back on the normal 'good' users "uncapped" but I give it a month and that will go. I cannot be bothered with it all. not when my mate has just got NTL to give him 10meg line for £25 a month.

shuffle
    =-=

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband
    Can I cancel my tiscali anytime after the initial 12 months? I have been with them for nearly two years now and I am getting fed up with them myself. They are slow and are ripping me off. I ordered the 2mb connection last year and I don’t get 2mb speeds. What service providers could you people recommend?

Thanks

loop hole

I am having tiscalli problems, have been for months. But after a little research it seems there is a loophole. On the third FUP e-mail notice, they give you the option of applying for a MAC code to transfer to another ISP free of obligation. So burn bandwidth until you get set free would be my advice, thats what i am doing.

N.B. I havent actually tested this yet i am in the process of doing it. If you get stuck in tiscali magagement mode dont blame me.

here is the site i got this from

http://www.whisperingwind.co.uk/move...ali_sucks.html

Registered+
    Thanks
    So many complaints with Tiscali. I was with them once and never again.
    I am sticking with f2surf as they are reliable, have a monthly contract and offer up to 8 meg for £25pm with unlimited d/ls.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by littlespoon
    I am having tiscalli problems, have been for months. But after a little research it seems there is a loophole. On the third FUP e-mail notice, they give you the option of applying for a MAC code to transfer to another ISP free of obligation. So burn bandwidth until you get set free would be my advice, thats what i am doing.

N.B. I havent actually tested this yet i am in the process of doing it. If you get stuck in tiscali magagement mode dont blame me.

No need... I can confirm first hand that this is the case. On your final warning you get offered out of the contract.

This essentially means tiscali want rid of high end use customers - despite ads claiming it is a UNLIMITED package. I am now aware that the MORE TV ADS you see for a provider - the more desperate they are. Word of mouth is best for ISP choice.

shuffle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by littlespoon

Quote Originally Posted by external link from above
    Posted by: crichton at January 16, 2006 04:22 PM

yup evthing is sweet got me mac code and switching to internetcentral , also i dont have 2 pay the remaining months on my contract, once they send you the email i recieved **** EM OFF hope this helps some1 laters
    So, we can see a loophole now on how to get out of the contract even if the 12 months is not up. Will do this once I don't need my internet connection for uni, say in a month.
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Thanks
    Oh how much I hate my life as a sales assistant. Hopefully my life will change soon with a car.

-=-

**** - that sig line has given me the best laugh of the weekend. Thanks.

Thanks
    That should have read "s h i t"

Thread Information