Thread: Shuttle 101 (that's the number of questions!)

Thanks

Shuttle 101 (that's the number of questions!)

Hello everyone

Thanks to Aria I now have in my possession a Shuttle SN45G, sure is a dinky lil' thing and I don't know how the hell I will get my gear into it
    However, I've got a number of easy questions for both the shuttle and my general h/w:

2) At such time that I ascertain the rig is stable, does this mobo allow reasonable overclocks? Or does case limitations mean heat would provide too much of a problem here?

3) Does anyone have any ideas or links on how to make optical drive bezzels look 'fitting'? The beige drive front kind of spoils the effect My g/f is a silver smith so I was hoping she could do something for me with brushed aluminium!

4) I've heard of ppl adding LCD's to the floppy bay - as I won't be using the floppy I'd quite like to do something like this. Are these LCD's easy to get hold of, and if so, what's a ball park figure on price?

More to come soon I'm sure, about to attempt to put this bad boy together
    Last edited by goof; 15-01-2004 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks
    a bit of advice mate after looking at the shuttle forums a lot of peeps have had probs with the sng45 as they all wanted to o/c straight the way and their psu went kaput and apparently their is a slight fault with some

my advice is to set your comp up on normal settings for now and leave it running a few days to make sure it all ok and stable !!!!

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice Jonny, will do so.

Also figured that I don't need to unlock the CPU so that can be scratched off the list.

Thanks
    lcd's in a floppy bay is difficult cos they are usually too big. not the actual LCD but the PCB that its mounted on

Thanks
    Thanks Benny, as it happens I was just browsing over Crystalfontz just now, nothing better to do

I was reading about the other bloke here who made his own (with the 41 series), may have to drop him a line.

Also looking for the obligatory 80mm noiseblocker and 40mm Adda if anyone has any for sale

Thanks
    just found crystalfontz myself - hmmmm shuttle sb75g2 with that sir?

Thanks
    I have to admit, the Sn45 was the one I like aesthetically least (would've preferred one of the black ones but too dear, would've preferred the 41, but wanted the better mobo).

I was hoping I could jazz it up a little on the cheap, but unfortunately it looks like I may have been better splashing out for one of the dearer ones!

Thanks
    I did have a lian li pc35 and wanted to put a double LCD across the 2 3.5" bays but couldn't find one at the time - dumped that and went sb75g2 - running fine for weeks - then preordered a prescott for delivery 20/01 - sold my northwood expecting it on time and its now delayed at LEAST 1 week got a hold of a NW 1.8 but the bad news is that the 75G2 doesn't support 400 MHz processors

Thanks
    I saw those Lian Li temp monitors for the floppy bay but they're not backlit and I don't think they'd really improve the image of the shuttle much.

Thanks
    you're right - LCD it has to be. bloo backlight too is the black fronted one gloss or matt finish

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    hiya goof

havin probs mailin u my freind,how bout msn u got that?,,wed be better off disgussing ure queries there i think.

Thanks
    Hi Micovar,

sorry, MSN's always the first thing I remove when reinstalling windows!
    Plus I'm getting dirty looks from my g/f so I think I'll need to give her some attention pretty sharpish

I've been rereading your thread though and I'm not looking to do anything complicated/neat as you, plus I don't want to do anything if it's going to cost any more than £30-40 (which I know yours did). I did however see crystalfrontz have their own bare LCD PCB kits so if you have any suggestions on whether I could do something similar with that (have the whole 3.5" bay available and sure I could knock up a little aluminium plate) then I'd like to hear your ideas

Haven't timed it very well though, going to London tomorrow for a week so not sure how net access will be, but I'll hopefully be around.

Thread Information