Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXUS Pifast Challenge up and Running again

Thanks
    OK first post. I am posting becasue i got 44.27 in the pifast bench to 10 million digits and it isn't on the main page ???? I thought the deal was if you didn't post on the forums that you would be contacted!!
    Here is a pic to proove it.
    Athlon XP at 2.7ghz, 12.5 * 217fsb. Thats at 2v but it will do 2.6ghz at 1.8v and under.
    Memory timings 11-2-2-2
    Abit NF7-S 2.0
    Please add my name to the site. I guess nobody is gonna beat those A-64s eh?
    BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

lol sorry dude no way a 2.7ghz barton is doing 44s lmfao

IT WOULD TAKE A 3.4GHZ BARTON TO GET THAT LOW, LOL..

HERE THIS IS MINE im MICKEYMOUSE AT #7 AND MY SPEC'S MAKE YOUR LOOK BAD SO THERE MUST BE A BUG

Last edited by mickeymouse; 28-10-2003 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks
    So there is a bug in pifast that is letting me work out pi to 10,000,000 places alot faster than most people.

If it wasn't calculating it properly then pifast should say, error in calculation or something.

My barton 2500+ at 2.48ghz was getting something around 55 seconds so you guys at these extreme speeds should be getting way more.

Give me any clock rate to set my cpu to and I will test it again but I am telling u I am getting these speeds constantly. My system is totally stable (prime 95, memtest, 3dmark2001\2003 for hours each and no crashes or errors).

Are you guys running the latest version of pifast, 4.2. Thats the one I had in my bench folder. The one on the site is version 4.1 which i guess has some crap code that slows it down.

In any case I am working out pi to 10 mil digits faster than you guys.

Either check pifasts code, check your systems, or get the latest version of pifast.

Its NOT BULLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I TELL U

NOT

Thanks
    Either check pifasts code, check your systems, or get the latest version of pifast.
    you "HAVE" to use version 4.1 lol
    here

http://pifast.hexus.net/hexus_pifast.zip

but my point was something is wrong and trust me when I say this as this is what I do and for you to think you can out do some of the setups with your "SLOW" setup should make you check into it more is all I was making a point at

Thanks
    Maybe i am blind but i didn't read that you HAD to use version 4.1. Whats the difference. Does 4.1 have some sort of error detection that makes it so slow. I mean 4.2 calculates pi correctly to 10million right? It should be clearly stated, EVERYONE use version 4.1

I bet half of the scores on the main page are 4.2 and therefore are not comparable.

Thanks
    lol "ALL" the scores on the main page use 4.1.. your just upset at your slow results ,lol

Thanks
    Well I ran my pc using 4.1 and 4.2 and the screenshots are identical apart from the time it took obviously so there is absolutely no way you can say they were all using 4.1 or is there??

BTW i do not give a SH%^^ if your PC is 1billion times faster than mine. lol. sadness..

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    RIGHT...you two......get lives as fast as you can.

If ya carry on chucking crap at each other, then go do it somewhere else.

You are both valid in your arguments. Each of you were mistaken in the way you read the results or the rules.

but NOW its sorted and you both understand....BE NICE...BE COOL.....maybe even HELP EACH OTHER? Dont just slag each other off.

It's like walking into a Primary School Playground.....and I am NOT a Dinner Lady

So.....please......chill.

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Thanks man, about time it was sorted but I am afraid it is probably too late. The top 5 scores are probably right but after that its a big of a guessing game which version they used.

Sure we can always have another challenge some other time :-)

Chill? Its called defending yourself!!

Thanks
    mark but in all honestly look at the rig's in the top 10 and look at yours. then look at the names of the people in the top 10.. some of the best overclockers in the world.. I can't see still how oyu ever thought your 2700mhz barton did 44s when a few with 3ghz+ bartons where over 48s???

but no harm done and thats all the counts..

Thanks
    lol it would have been a miracle alright but with no rules it seemed legal and great,

ah well happy overclocking people

what about the p4 64bit chips, are they just too slow or what. when are they bringing something out that will compete with A64.....

Is pifast optimised for 64bit chips cause something like calculating pi could benefit greatly from it eh...

Thanks
    na PIFAST is all about high cpu speed/mem timings/bandwith and the key to the "a64/fx51" scores are the on chip memory contoller.. It has such low latency that where as the barton at say 200mhz dc fsb would pull 92% efficantcy these new setups can run 387%+ thats how fast the onchip contoller is..

Thanks
    Cool, are any games benefiting much from all of this. If Doom III or HL2 was out I might consider getting one of those but not atm.

I thought the 64bit would have a massive impact if pifast could be optimized for it. I think they could beat these 32bit chips by alot more if given the right code.

What phasechange system are you using. On vapo PE here with a $30 1700+ at 2.7ghz. Now thats value for money..(forget the price of the vapo) :-)

Thanks
    i was running a mach II on the cpu at 2600mhz but was only at 1.65v I could have run up at 2800mhz, but the chaintech NF3 mobo i was on wouldn't run a 5:4 divder so the best I got was 260 1:1 which it still tie for the highest 1:1 fsb as of yet on an A64 NF3 mobo with MACCI.. thats why my pifast score stands out up there wiht the 4.3ghz p4's and fx51's at 2.8-2.9ghz becasue of the 1:1 fsb at max timings.. theres alot of high 2700mhz A64's but they run 5:4 so there mem is like 235mhz so i have a good 25mhz gain and thats huge on PIFAST..

Thanks
    mouse, how di du get ur 9800 up to 562?
    my overclocker only goes up to 528....
    Signatures are stupid

Registered+
    Thanks
    total time using "hexus pifast" 81.89 seconds

thats my barton at 166*11 and all specs below

cheers

data

p.s i'll upgrade as it gets better with overclocks
    xp 2500+