Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: abit ip35 mobo no boot no bios no beep

Thanks

Question abit ip35 mobo no boot no bios no beep

A month or two ago, after a windows update my pc rebooted and has not got to the point of POSTing since. It has had previous issues with the ram wanting more than the default 1.8v before the motherboard would boot but I've tried ever stick in every slot, resetting the cmos between, still no luck. I found an old pc speaker but it's not beeping (assuming the speaker works...)

Failing any luck to get it to work again - any suggestions on a decent replacement board?

Q6600
    Abit ip35 motherboard
    4x1Gb 6400 ram (2x Corsair xms2, 2x OCZ gold
    Nvidia 9800 GT

Thanks in advance!

lost
    Thanks
    • llololloy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte p67a-ud4
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500s
      • Memory:
      • 8gb ddr3
      • Storage:
      • 60gb ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 280x
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cosmos
      • Operating System:
      • w10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" + 2 * 23" 1080p
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200meg

Re: abit ip35 mobo no boot no bios no beep

you said it used to want more juice for the ram, is it possible it's reset defaults?
    Can you try any other ram besides what you have? (or for that matter a different cpu or gpu or psu, just to make sure or even try your components in aother machine)
    you've done the normal check everything is seated firmly and correctly, check all wires etc, even though there is no real reason why that should have happened.
    Windows update shouldn't be able to damage anything, or even change any settings, so it could just be a major coincidence that something failed at the same time as the update.
    Even remove the motherboard from the case on the off chance something has shorted.
    MediaPC - ASRock H61M-DGS - 8gb ddr3 - i3 2120 - R9 270 - antec fusion black - lg ggc-h20l - windows 10 - denon avr-1911 - JVC 58" 1080p RPTV
    Server - MSI Z77A-G45 - 16gb ddr3 - i7 2600k - 4u Rack mountable - sas 1068e + expander - 3ware 9650se - 16 * 2tb + 2 * 3tb - TBS 6984, 6284 & 6920 - 2 * astrometa dvb-c - windows 7 pro
    My PC - See my system on left

hexus.trust

3. Received thanks from:

jamena (08-07-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by llololloy View Post
    you said it used to want more juice for the ram, is it possible it's reset defaults?
    Can you try any other ram besides what you have? (or for that matter a different cpu or gpu or psu, just to make sure or even try your components in aother machine)
    you've done the normal check everything is seated firmly and correctly, check all wires etc, even though there is no real reason why that should have happened.
    Windows update shouldn't be able to damage anything, or even change any settings, so it could just be a major coincidence that something failed at the same time as the update.
    Even remove the motherboard from the case on the off chance something has shorted.
    I managed to borrow a couple of 667 1.8v ram and tried them in each slot, clearing cmost between each time, still no joy. I have an old socket A + agp system but all that'll let me try out is the psu, whic boots up the old pc just fine. I rebuilt the computer, tried out the motherboard on the desk outside the case, nothing. This is very frustrating... might be asking for recommendations on a good value 775 motherboard that'll take the rest of my kit ...which assumes it's all okay ofc

lost
    Thanks
    • llololloy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • gigabyte p67a-ud4
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500s
      • Memory:
      • 8gb ddr3
      • Storage:
      • 60gb ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 280x
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cosmos
      • Operating System:
      • w10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" + 2 * 23" 1080p
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200meg

before you buy a new board, might be worth checking ebay for a possible cheap as chips 775 cpu or a pci / pci-e gpu to check (sometimes if the seller lists it in the middle of the night you can pick stuff up for 99p). Might be worth spending just a couple of quid before blowing £50+ on a phased out socket.
    or see if anyone you know can try the cpu/ram/gpu in their board. If it does turn out to be the board it mght work out similar cost to flog the cpu and move to a newer socket.
    best of luck anyway, hope you get a result.
    MediaPC - ASRock H61M-DGS - 8gb ddr3 - i3 2120 - R9 270 - antec fusion black - lg ggc-h20l - windows 10 - denon avr-1911 - JVC 58" 1080p RPTV
    Server - MSI Z77A-G45 - 16gb ddr3 - i7 2600k - 4u Rack mountable - sas 1068e + expander - 3ware 9650se - 16 * 2tb + 2 * 3tb - TBS 6984, 6284 & 6920 - 2 * astrometa dvb-c - windows 7 pro
    My PC - See my system on left

hexus.trust

6. Received thanks from:

peterb (27-08-2010)

Thanks

I am having the exact same issue,it has been working well for the past 3 years but just last month,red and green bulbs stay lit but no beeb or post,took everything apart checked everything seperatly but no cigar,the wierd thing is if i move the cpu it will boot again very rarely also the ram does the same if i take some out and reinsert (again rarley once in 15 tries),tried all the bios versions during this frustrating process but still no luck.If I get it to boot it will stay perfectly on for weeks but if I turn it off even once,its back to the frustration,any help what do you think time for a new mobo?

SPECS:
    PSU OCZ 600W
    CPU Q6600
    RAM 4G OCZ PLATINUM DDR2 6400
    POWEROLOR HD 4890
    Last edited by Abitian; 05-08-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks

Ok I have figured the problem out,all I need now are specifics, it is definitely a capacitor because when I disconnect and reconnect the PSU, CPU power connectors which manipulates the capacitor,it boots up fine.
    So what do I do now to fix it?
    Last edited by Abitian; 13-08-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks

Please it has been a week since this post,what capacitors are on the Ip35 e motherboard?

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Are you sure that the problem is a capacitor on the board? Is one bulging or oozing at all (like below)?

Sorry about the image size.

Thanks

No but what else could it be,when I leave the PSU CPU power connecters in it does not boot,when I switch off and take them out,then switch on let everything light,leave it a few seconds and reinsert the connectors,I hear the beep and it boots,it works everytime,so stop being a smart ass.....
    Last edited by Abitian; 20-08-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just trying to get a better idea of what the problem might be.

Can you tell me what you mean by PSU CPU power connectors from this picture below, please? And I understand that you can get the PC to boot after taking these off - when do you put them back on? When there is still power to the machine?

Thanks
    • Sputnik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • J&W 790GX Extreme
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II 720be
      • Memory:
      • OCZ DDR2-6400
      • PSU:
      • Enermax

Quote Originally Posted by Abitian View Post
    No but what else could it be,when I leave the PSU CPU power connecters in it does not boot,when I switch off and take them out,then switch on let everything light,leave it a few seconds and reinsert the connectors,I hear the beep and it boots,it works everytime,so stop being a smart ass.....
    That is a sure fire way of losing any chance of help. People try to help people out of goodwill, Not to be insulted by people who come looking for advice then insult people that try to give good advice.

Your problem could be the PSU itself, I've had similar in the past where it has been the PSU is no longer able to provide enough initial power to get the machine running straight off. Can you borrow a PSU from anyone to try ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norman121 View Post
    I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just trying to get a better idea of what the problem might be.

Can you tell me what you mean by PSU CPU power connectors from this picture below, please? And I understand that you can get the PC to boot after taking these off - when do you put them back on? When there is still power to the machine?

those connectors at next to the cpu has ATX12V written in the diagram,yes
    with power on.

Registered+
    Thanks

Have you got the connector labelled ATX4P1 plugged in (below the CPU)? This molex connector provides extra power to the PCI-E but I've heard problems of people having problems with all three power connectors (ATXPWR1, ATX12V1 and ATX4P1) being plugged in.

Failing that, I would agree with Sputnik that it would be useful to try testing with another PSU if you're able to. Trying some other RAM may also help narrow things down - or even removing one of them temporarily. Also, making sure that the CPU's heatsink is properly installed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norman121 View Post
    Have you got the connector labelled ATX4P1 plugged in (below the CPU)? This molex connector provides extra power to the PCI-E but I've heard problems of people having problems with all three power connectors (ATXPWR1, ATX12V1 and ATX4P1) being plugged in.

Failing that, I would agree with Sputnik that it would be useful to try testing with another PSU if you're able to. Trying some other RAM may also help narrow things down - or even removing one of them temporarily. Also, making sure that the CPU's heatsink is properly installed.
    Tried another PSU and different ram still the same it does not make any sence.

Thanks

also checked capacitors all good.

Thanks

Why wont anyone reply?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information