Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Overclockers.co.uk - The Saga Continues.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    At least that seems like a happy outcome

daveh: I really do suggest you have a nice long chat with your workforce over the issues raised here, then hopefully situations like this can be avoided in future..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Well my opinion of OcUK goes up 200% for posting in reply to this, and for getting it sorted hopefully. I hope its a pattern that continues and reverses the trend of difficulties with RMA and tech support some of us punters have been experiencing of late. I'd like OcUK to be my favorite store again like it was when I bought my Celly 300a and Axia rigs from them. I haven't bought stuff there for quite a while. Responses like this are good since it correct any inadvertant errors and gets the story straight.

Mistakes will happen, we're all human but its how they are dealt with that is crucial. Customers want to know that if theres a problem they won't be left hanging.

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by daveh
    I feel it's best to introduce myself here finally. I am Dave Hutchinson from Overclockers UK who you dealt with earlier. What you neglected to mention in your previous post was that the item had been confirmed to have an intermittent fault and that the fault lay with the motherboard not the card.
    Hello Dave,

The card was marked as faulty by the PC Repair companies I sent it to, although I suppose this could have been caused by the motherboard, and not the card. Also, the card could also have an intermittent fault, or perhaps the fan has stopped turning, due to the amount of times the items have been posted back and forth between us and you.

Either way, I'm not going to argue the toss over it. Many thanks for the replacement.

The previous time the items were tested they worked and it's clear that we were incredibly fortunate and managed to dodge the intermittent fault.
    As I said, this was obviously the cause of the situation, however, with a charge being applyed for returning working items, not to mention situations like this one arrising, perhaps this testing process could be slightly more complete?

As before I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and it was clearly very unlucky that the items were returned first time and that the fault was missed. [/B]
    Well, I'm not going to pretend the inconvience wasn't great, because it was. However, its sorted now, and that's good enough for me.

Vaul.
    Last edited by Stewart; 19-11-2003 at 05:37 PM.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Is Vaul getting his 30 quid back?

Banned
    Thanks
    Indeed I also agreed that the testing charge would be reimbursed and it has been.

Thanks
    Glad to hear you finally got it all sorted out, hopefully you have no more problems!

No-Name - The Name That You Can Trust

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by daveh
    I feel it's best to introduce myself here finally. I am Dave Hutchinson from Overclockers UK .......
    Welcome to the board, Dave. It's good to see you here.

I'm glad to see that this situation turned out to be exactly as it appeared to be and that there was a genuine problem, and that it has now been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Maybe there's a couple of lessons in all this. Firstly, for OcUK, whilst I have no doubt that they get a LOT of people trying it on, there are occasions when a customer has a genuine problem, and if it isn't dealt with satisfactorily, it can cause a great deal of customer frustration. But it seems clear that this was an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to the situation and it's difficult to see what, if anything, OcUK could have done to prevent this - beyond perhaps booting the machine several times in their initial testing. But it's easy to be wise after the event.

The second lesson is for the macho brigade who were all for going up to Stoke and demanding your rights in the shop, or calling the police. Take a good, hard look at how Vaul dealt with this. He's been calm, reasonable, logical and, so far as I know, polite, throughout. And, in the end, persistence has paid off.

One more thing. Some people may come to the conclusion that this thread had something to do with the outcome here. Can I state for the record that I don't believe that for a moment. If this thread had any effect at all, it would have been absolutely minimal. Maybe, just maybe, it served as a coherent summary of Vaul's position that Dave could see at a glance - but no more than that.

So, for anybody that is thinking "Oh, they backed down in the face of bad publicity" .... forget it.

I know OcUK well enough to be convinced that they will have judged this entirely on it's merits, and if they had felt they were right to refuse replacement, would have done so despite any threads here.

So before hordes of you start posting threads here about OcUK Customer Service, expecting them to instantly give in to your expectations, please don't. Hexus is about Technical matters and is not an unofficial "Have a Bitch about OcUK" site. If you have a really good argument, like Vaul, well, OK, post if you have to, but we REALLY don't want to see loads of these, and will start deleting them if every last trivial issue with OcUK ends up in a thread here.

We've had two in the last couple of weeks and unless you have something of equivalent nature to Vaul's problem, two is enough for a while

Thanks
    congrats m8

I dont need to spell out anything regarding this anymore

just hopefully

your items arrive asap and they are in working order and i hope you have lost as little money you can!

jack

Cyber whore
    Thanks
    • bouncin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit an8 32x
      • CPU:
      • x2 4400 @2.7
      • Memory:
      • 2gb ocz el platinum
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 74 gb raptors raid 0 1 x 250 gbcaviar
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward bliss 7950gx2
      • PSU:
      • ocx powerstream 600w
      • Case:
      • Eclipse
      • Operating System:
      • xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung LE40A565
      • Internet:
      • 20MB virgin media
    well it seems like this is sorted now. All i got to say is n1 vaul for toughing it out its just a shame it took so long.

im not going to lie i use overclockers quite a lot and have only had a couple of problems. Which were sorted in the end.

But in honesty i believe if u have been charged for returning faulty items you should at least get some kind of voucher for ocuk. Just for the inconveinience. if ur reading this daveh in the interests of good customer relations aint u prepared to see what u can do for this lad as albeit through mistakes or bad comms he seems to have had a lot of stress out of it ?

I sort of understand if u cant but it would be a nice gesture.

Banned
    Thanks
    You've got a wise old head on those young shoulders, Bouncin.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    I'm extremely pleased with the way this has turned out, thanks to OcUK for their help in sorting it out, I think they deserve a pat on the back, along with everyone else who kept the thread sane and civilised. That the thread didn't need moderating at all says a lot, thanky

I'll close it now. If for any reason it needs reopening (I can't see one), you know where the mod team are, just say hello.

Cheers,

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread Information