Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Overclockers.co.uk - The Saga Continues.

Thanks
    Take a trip down to stoke with family member/mom dad who eva and ask to speak with spie or someone with a few years experience behind there back!
    I agree

I'm still going to try and resolve the current confusion......I mean, just what the hell is going on at Overclockers?
    get down there and find out. I've had problems with them and if it wasn't for the fact i'm not from the U.K I'd be down there in front of Spie SO quick.

jeez man its been a month!

Thanks
    Really sorry to hear about your troubles, ive had my fair share of problems with Overclockers. Had a missing parcel trying to get anything out of them took near two months.
    On another occasion ive been stung by their "test and return" fee. Its outright theft to take money without consent. Mark Proudfoot or however you spell it is the man to try and speak too, hes the MD. Didnt help me much anyway, always got a "we dont care attitude whenever i spoke to someone" All i can advise is call trading standards and consumer adivce, get your facts, think they can even send you a leaflet on consumer rights too. Smake that round there ears, basicly its a case of who can scream the longest wins. Keep going mate, your in the right

Nox
    Vorsprung durch Technik
    Thanks
    • Nox's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Yes
      • CPU:
      • Yes
      • Memory:
      • Yes
      • Storage:
      • Yes
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Yes
      • PSU:
      • Yes
      • Case:
      • Yes
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes
      • Internet:
      • Yes
    damn i really feel for ya here, being an ex-returns chap (not for them thankfully!!!) the only good news would be: you proving they received the package, with signatures and whatever and them loosing it and HAVING to replace the items because they can't find them. when i was in returns, i regularly sent stuff back to the manufacturers for repair that i shouldn't of and just gave customers new ones from stock too much alcohol the night before usually!

would be parcel forces fault if they didn't get it signed for too? so that would be good if 'lost in the post' assuming it had insurance. it could actually be good news this as long as there are signatures!

Nox

Thanks
    If you are sure the parcel is there, I'd go there in person and just stay until they tested your gear in front of you. Of course you have to find where the stuff is first. Make sure you have a paper trail of emails and other correspondence together. You may need it. Don't get frustrated if you can. Some of us have been through this process with OcUK in the past. eventually you'll get sorted, but you just have to stubborn about hounding them about it. Poor RMA support seems to be a problem with all online retailers. OcUK used to be better than all the rest, now the're not. Of course these kind of problems will put anybody off a particular retailer but the reality is they have enough business that they could care less if you go else where in future. Thats why sometimes its best to shop somewhere smaller were they are hungier for the business and will give better service.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Vaul
    Saracen, and anyone else who has followed this thread from the start, I ask you one simple question, and this is a question from a desperate man… what should I do?
    I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to suggest next, beyond checking with the courier company to see if it has been delivered and signed for. If it has, go back to OcUK again and point that out.

It certainly seems that the story from the technician is inconsistent, but it may be no more than that last time, he assumed the package had actually arrived, and glossed over that while he had the customer on the phone. The courier company should be able to clarify if, and when, it was delivered.

Other than that, I can only suggest that you mail Spie again, and bring the fact that this is still ongoing to his attention. He may be under the impression that it has been sorted.

If you don't want to go down the legal/credit card/Trading standards route, then it seems your options are limited to giving up, or persisting in the liaison with OcUK.

I'd also like to remind everyone again, that we are only hearing one side of this. I know people think OcUK should post in response to his, but I don't think it is likely to happen, and for two reasons :-

1) for complex reasons, the relationship between OcUK and Hexus is not as good as it could be

2) I know from past discussion with Spie that he feels that having these discussions in public is not a good idea.

Whatever anyone else thinks of decision 2), bear in mind that he's running a successful multi-million pound business and we're not ..... so credit him with perhaps knowing what he's doing. He has his reasons for this decision and, if they are the ones I speculated about earlier in this thread, I agree with him.

Beyond that, I can't see that this thread can help much more.

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Saracen
    It certainly seems that the story from the technician is inconsistent, but it may be no more than that last time, he assumed the package had actually arrived, and glossed over that while he had the customer on the phone.
    Yes mate, but if you read the whole message, he would have had to have assumed it had arrived, assumed it was going to be tested in the next few hours, and assumed that he knew where the parcel was, when he went to look for it.

Quite a lot to assume, I'm you agree. Hardly the most professional aproach.

Either way, I shall see what happens, and continue trying to sort it out in a friendly way, until the run around pisses me off to such an extent, that I have to lok for legal help.

As for the thread not being useful anymore, I think its more for people's interest in the situation, judging by the amount of people who have asked to be kept informed, etc.

Thanks
    edit post
    Last edited by Planetside; 18-11-2003 at 10:50 PM.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Planetside
    m8 as thay have both the goods and your money then there robbing you go to the police as that is a Offens as you side ther not doing a god dam thing about it naw
    Oh, hardly.

We don't yet know that they DO have the goods (pending info from the courier), and even if they do, this is a simple commercial dispute - at worst an administrative mistake. The police will not be in the slightest bit interested. To suggest that this is all about some ploy on OcUK's behalf to 'steal' this stuff is plain daft.

This kind of thing, Vaul, is why I said this thread may have run it's course. Allegations of that nature are likely to get this thread closed or deleted, so lets please keep it civil.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Saracen
    Oh, hardly.

We don't yet know that they DO have the goods (pending info from the courier), and even if they do, this is a simple commercial dispute - at worst an administrative mistake. The police will not be in the slightest bit interested. To suggest that this is all about some ploy on OcUK's behalf to 'steal' this stuff is plain daft.

This kind of thing, Vaul, is why I said this thread may have run it's course. Allegations of that nature are likely to get this thread closed or deleted, so lets please keep it civil.
    Agreed i hardly think OCUK are stealing the goods, its just a mistake!

But in vaul case a mistake that has been going on for to long, other action i think is now needed by vaul now but not the police as saracen said they wont give 2 monkey's

Thanks
    no sorry guys you mis under stod me my fult i meant that if they did have his stuff and his money as wall and there saying that thay dont then i would look @ getting the police in on it and look @ getting legal side on it as wall
    ill edit top post

Thanks
    And again what will the police do???

arrest spie??

Banned
    Thanks
    Indeed. The police have nothing to do with it, and will not be contacted.

If it comes to legal action, I was thinking more of trading standards, etc.

It is not an attempt by Overclockers to steal anything, it is, in my opinion, simply a major cock up. The professionalism shown by Overclockers throught this situation has been very poor indeed.

Now, if they can actualy get it together to find my parcel, maybe by some miracle they can keep hold of it for long enough to test it, and perhaps even discover that it is broken, as I told them it was, more than a month ago.

Saracen - your call mate. Perhaps you could close the thread, and when I do get some results, I could post about it; or, if you feel like it, leae the thread open.

But yes - the police have nowt to do with it.

Nox
    Vorsprung durch Technik
    Thanks
    • Nox's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Yes
      • CPU:
      • Yes
      • Memory:
      • Yes
      • Storage:
      • Yes
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Yes
      • PSU:
      • Yes
      • Case:
      • Yes
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes
      • Internet:
      • Yes
    i like reading the daily updates personally the police won't be interested in something like this, especially not for such a small value of goods (in their eyes)

first thing - phone your courier, get a name of them for the guy that signed for it at ocuk. then phone ocuk and say 'xxx signed for it on yyy date' where is it? whats happening, if they don't know, get their name and direct line, give a time in a few hours, and call them back. try and get whoever is in charge of customer services to deal with this too. it is getting beyond a joke now... but i'm sure its partly just an admin bodge up from ocuk, nothing they can't sort out.

Nox

Banned
    Thanks
    +++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE

Right then, massive change of attitude from Overclockers, we really do seemed to have turned a corner.

I recived the following email from Overclockers this morning:

Dear Sir,

This has been passed to me to deal with. I can only apologise for
    the delay and service you have received. I have researched your problem and you will have an outcome today. If you would please forward me your phone number then I will call you with what ever results I have.

Regards,

Dave Hutchinson
    Overclockers UK
    Technical Manager.

So, I did contact him with my number, we had a chat, and I should be getting a brand new 9800pro and ABit NF7-S within the next 24 to 48 hours. He is going to personally test the new products himself, and then send them out.

So, that should be that.

Interestingly, he did say that under no circumstances should I have sent the goods back the second time on the same RMA number, as this means they could get lost (as they did). So it seems this whole thing is the result of 2 cock-ups by the tech people.

The goods, on the first return to Overclockers, should have been tested properly, so that the faults were detected. They obviously were not.

The goods, on the second return, should not have been using the same RMA number, and the person I spoke too should have told me this. He did not.

Anyway, Amtrak should be dropping the stuff off in the next day or so, and that should be that.

Its just a shame that I first told Overclockers that these items were broken over a month ago, and rather than them replacing them, I've had to fight them tooth and nail for all this time, to get anywhere.

The top brass seem to have sorted it out now, but what are the blokes on the floor doing? Can't detect a simple intermittent fault, that every one else who looked at the system did detect?

Not good. When you consider that they charge you £30 for returning working items, and this charge will apply based on the reults of the tests, you expect the tests to be done properly.

So, after a month long series of cock-ups, I have been applogised to, and my goods are on the way. This really should be the last update.

Thanks
    fingers crossed for you mate. Kudos to you for not giving in.
    Recycling consultant

Banned
    Thanks
    I feel it's best to introduce myself here finally. I am Dave Hutchinson from Overclockers UK who you dealt with earlier. What you neglected to mention in your previous post was that the item had been confirmed to have an intermittent fault and that the fault lay with the motherboard not the card.

The previous time the items were tested they worked and it's clear that we were incredibly fortunate and managed to dodge the intermittent fault.

As I mentioned on the phone earlier the motherboard booted first time and then refused to on subsequent attempts. However the graphics card was fine yet due to the fan being slightly noisier than it should be I decided to swap the card anyway.

As before I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and it was clearly very unlucky that the items were returned first time and that the fault was missed.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread Information