Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: Overclockers.co.uk - The Saga Continues.

Thanks
    If ocuk had good customer service, then a public list of the problems and how ocuk responded to them would be excellent publicity. The only reason ocuk tries to prevent customer service issues from being public is how badly they handle them.

Thanks
    ocuk think there the best just becouse theoverclockingstore went bankrupt

Thanks
    did it ? , i was wondering what happened to them

Cyber whore
    Thanks
    • bouncin's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit an8 32x
      • CPU:
      • x2 4400 @2.7
      • Memory:
      • 2gb ocz el platinum
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 74 gb raptors raid 0 1 x 250 gbcaviar
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward bliss 7950gx2
      • PSU:
      • ocx powerstream 600w
      • Case:
      • Eclipse
      • Operating System:
      • xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung LE40A565
      • Internet:
      • 20MB virgin media
    Well business wise overclockers is obviously better cos its still there

Thanks
    Gents, when it comes to saying that no store in it's right mind would have a space on it's forums for complaints against it, I wonder if it's a case of lost opportunity.

The Kustom PCs forum has a "Rate our Service" forum here where people can send in complaints and praise about the service they receive. Anyone browsing this forum can clearly see why Kustom PCs are ranked so high on Romulus2 and when you look at the comments part of Romulus you will see that, in terms of individual review (aside from the actual rating itself) it comes first.

This surely must be re-assuring to potential customers unfamiliar with Kustom PCs and possibly acts as a reminder to Kustom to maintain that standard since they so openly maintain a potential banana skin in the heart of their own forums!

If Vaul had bought his items from Kustom then, going by personal experience and the experience of some others, the following would have happened:

He would have RMA'd the goods. Two days later, he would have received their replacements.

End of story.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Alan
    ....He would have RMA'd the goods. Two days later, he would have received their replacements.

End of story.

Thats what should have happened, exactly. Anything else is bad service. End of story.

Banned
    Thanks
    +++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++ UPDATE +++

Ok, I'm not really getting anywhere with Overclockers, I'm just being fobbed off, and I can't wait much longer. Below, for those who haven't read the entire thread is a very quick version of the nightmare I've had, trying to get some sort of service out of Overclockers. For those who have read it all, start at #10.

1) I purchase a new computer, from various places on the net, including several items from Overclockers.co.uk. Total cost about £900.

2) 3 weeks later, my computer breaks suddenly. As it’s all under guarantee, but purchased from different places, I take the PC to an independent PC repair shop, to get the problem diagnosed. I get a written engineers report, stating that the motherboard and graphics card (an ABit NF7-S v2.0 and a Sapphire 9800pro 128) are faulty.

3) I email Overclockers for an RMA number, receive one, and send back the items.

4) I get an email from Overclockers a few days later, stating that they have received my goods, and then a further email a few days after that, saying that my goods were ready to be delivered in their warehouse.

5) The package arrives (badly packaged, with the items easily able to move around inside the box, they have been hurriedly pushed into) continuing, I assume (as I have had no indication otherwise) my replacement items.

6) I check my credit card balance, and notice a payment, which I was not informed or asked about, for £30, charged by Overclockers. I now open the package, and discover for the first time, that they have in fact sent the original faulty items back to me, complete with a charge for returning ‘working items’.

7) Annoyed, I ring Overclockers, explaining everything to the technician, who whilst not openly rude, is certainly disinterested with my claims, and seems more interested with seeing how many times in a 3 minute conversation he can mention that Overclockers are ‘big’. Result – he stands by his decision that the items work, and that’s that.

8) Baffled by the fact that I have written evidence that the items are broken, I decided, at my own expense obviously, to go to a second PC repair firm, and have them test the items again. A few days later, I get the same results – graphics card and motherboard have an intermittent fault, and if under guarantee should be replaced.

9) I contact Overclockers again, explaining the situation, and the fact that I have written proof that these items are faulty, and they agree (I am of course, missing out a lot here, it wasn’t as easy as all that) to re-test the items, on the grounds that they may not have detected the fault first time. Considering it (the system) fails to boot more often than not, and for the most part, not at all, then I can only assume that the engineer booted it once, got lucky, and sent it back as working.

10) So, I send it back at my own expenses for the second time, and wait for a few days… no email to state they have received it. I wait a bit longer, and ring them, and a technician tells me they have received it, are a bit busy at the moment, but it will be going in for testing either later on that day, or tomorrow. This was Wednesday 12th November.

11) I wait for an email or phone call, and after 5 days, email them, asking why I still haven’t heard anything after 5 days, when it was supposed to be tested in the next few hours. I receive a reply, asking me if I have returned the package! I reply again, saying of course I have returned the package, you (Overclockers) have acknowledged this, and according to a technician, it was ready for testing, 5 days ago.

12) I get another reply, to that email, now claiming that Overclockers do not in fact have the package that was supposedly ready for testing 5 days ago.

Now, what do I do here? Its been dragging on for months, I’ve been charged postage fees twice, returning working items fees once, I’ve had to go to independent repair shops, at my own expense to prove that their decision was wrong. After all that, I get told that my stuff is ready for testing (again) 5 days ago, and then after waiting all this time, get told that not only have they not tested it, they now never received it!

How can it go from ready for testing, to not received?

“Yes Sir, we have your package, we are a bit busy at the moment, and will be testing it later today, or tomorrow”

5 days later…

“Pacakge? What package? We haven’t received it. Did you return it to us?”

Advice please. I do not want to go down the legal route, with trading standards, my Credit Card, and the small claims court, but I’m not only not getting anywhere, I’m going backwards. They have it ready for testing, and it will be tested in the next few hours – 5 days later, they don’t have the package. Can you imagine how frustrating this is?

Already £400 out of pocket on the items, in excess of a month’s worth of emails and calls, additional expense in ‘fines’ from Overclockers, PC Repair firm bills and postage,, a 3 week argument with them to get them to agree to test it again, waiting and waiting with no contact from them, and now I’m getting fobbed off, and making no progress.

Saracen, and anyone else who has followed this thread from the start, I ask you one simple question, and this is a question from a desperate man… what should I do?

Thanks
    man i feel for you.

I know how frustrating this must be for you. However i think the only route oopen left for you is the legal one.

Do you have a tracking number for the parcel you sent to prove that someone signed for it?
    Recycling consultant

Banned
    Thanks
    We do. Just going to ring Parcel Force now, and have a word. To be honest, I think it's just this tech bloke, looking at the wrong list of returns, or something. Remember, this isn't a standard RMA, this is a second return.

We had no email confirming they had it, but it was 'just about to be tested' 5 days ago. So obviously, 5 days later, not only has it not been tested, they don't know where it is.

Customer service. Don't you just love it?

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Bleeding ridiculous, chap. I'd have to agree with mgh0 - legal action is, indeed, the best route to take now.

I read the whole thread a couple of weeks ago and, imo you're being messed around a little too much. You are a paying customer, and seeing as overclockers accepted your money freely, they should be obliged to provide you with sufficient after-sales service.

I'm not clued up on the ins and outs of the legalities, but I'm pretty sure they're violating your rights as a customer at least a little bit.

Shame on them.

Thanks
    looks like there fooling a part as there loads of jobs going
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/jobs.htm

Thanks
    This is a third for the legal route. You are £400 out of pocket. If it was something considerably smaller i probably would have let it run its course and accepted it after this stage. But this is not the case. The time you have put into trying to resolve this is unacceptable and it needs to be concluded.

Do you know of someone who you can discuss the legal issues involved in taking this further (i'm talking about a solicitor)?

Also, i 've read most of the thread but may have missed it. Did you visit the company? Ask to speak to the MD. His name is on the site.

Hopefully you have kept every piece of correspondance and info of this saga and it can all be solved.

"Your honour, i'd like to call my next witness......a technician at PC World"

Banned
    Thanks
    We did email Spie, and got a reply a few days later, from someone else. By then though, the tech bloke had already agreed to look at it again, so it had already been returned.

I'll email the bloke again, see if he can remember reciving the parcel, remember telling me that it was going to be tested in the next few hours, or even if can can remember anything at all.

Another week wasted, by the looks of it. I'm getting nowhere...

Kensey66 - XBL
    Thanks
    • Sk!mD4Rk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5E WS Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q9450
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 1tb raid0, 1tb external
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Antec truepower 580
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Del 2407
      • Internet:
      • 2mb plusnet
    How about BBC Watchdog? Some bad publicity might give 'em a kick up the arse like they deserve.

I feel so sorry for you because i suffered a similar disservice from them as well but nowhere near as expensive as yourself.

The legal route is probably the best alternative now though. Compensation and all your postage refunded and whatever else you've forked out for.

Good luck, again.

Thanks
    Wait there!

The items where sent back via the means of someone signing for them?

Do you still have the recipt's from these? and have you been to the needed website to comfirm they where delivered on time!

If so then OCUK have signed for them and any resulting loss damage to the items once in OCUK's hands are to be delt with by OCUK themselves ie its there fault

Take a trip down to stoke with family member/mom dad who eva and ask to speak with spie or someone with a few years experience behind there back! refuse to leave until you have your goods swapped/money returned you may have a wait on your hands but the only way ive known Etailers to shift is 1 on 1

Banned
    Thanks
    I'm still going to try and resolve the current confusion. I'm curious as to why 5 days ago my items were finaly ready to be tested for the second time, and now, after waiting, not only have they not been tested, but apparently, been lost!

Why is the same person who spoke to me on the phone when they arrived, telling me he would be testing them personaly, now saying that he hasn't recived them?

I mean, just what the hell is going on at Overclockers?
    Last edited by Stewart; 18-11-2003 at 05:44 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread Information