Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro

MON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpawnofSonic
    reviews and personal opinion seems high, will be purchasing this week, will let you know how i get on with it

yea but there are 99 % saying it is very good .. seen some that only give 2c better at idle and same at load but that was only one all others saying very good and most was replacing none stock coolers..

wot cooler do you have at moment?
    Last edited by MON; 18-02-2006 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks
    • arthurleung's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5E (Rampage Formula 0902)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 3.6Ghz 1.2V
      • Memory:
      • A-Data DDR2-800 2x2GB CL4
      • Storage:
      • 4x1TB WD1000FYPS @ RAID5 3Ware 9500S-8 / 3x 1TB Samsung Ecogreen F2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeCube HD4870 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX450
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Server 2008 Standard
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp 2709W + 2001FP
      • Internet:
      • Be*Unlimited 20Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by MON
    yea but there are 99 % saying it is very good .. seen some that only give 2c better at idle and same at load but that was only one all others saying very good and most was replacing none stock coolers..

wot cooler do you have at moment?
    Since everyone got a different case and different configurations, look at others' temp is not a really good idea. Depends on which AMD stock cooler you're replacing, if its X2 / Opteron DC coolers the Freezer 64Pro is not going to be a lot better. BUT if its lower-end stock cooler like 3000+ / 3200+ then it will help a lot.

For example my intake goes through 5x300G HDDs which increase the intake by a couple of degrees easily and that affects the system temperature as a whole.

Idle temp is not an accurate measurement of heatsink performance. Again depends on CnQ, your CPU's idle freq/voltage could be far lower than one without CnQ on. also 0% CPU is different from 5% (which if you run some P2P its not uncommon to see that kind of load).

It would be best to have the idle and full load temperature as close as possible to reduce thermal stress within the CPU. Although I do not know how effective that would be, but for some people it seems to "preserve" overclocking because of the slower deterioration rate.
    Workstation 1: Intel i7 950 @ 3.8Ghz / X58 / 12GB DDR3-1600 / HD4870 512MB / Antec P180
    Workstation 2: Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz / X38 / 4GB DDR2-800 / 8400GS 512MB / Open Air
    Workstation 3: Intel Xeon X3350 @ 3.2Ghz / P35 / 4GB DDR2-800 / HD4770 512MB / Shuttle SP35P2
    HTPC: AMD Athlon X4 620 @ 2.6Ghz / 780G / 4GB DDR2-1000 / Antec Mini P180 White
    Mobile Workstation: Intel C2D T8300 @ 2.4Ghz / GM965 / 3GB DDR2-667 / DELL Inspiron 1525 / 6+6+9 Cell Battery

Display (Monitor): DELL Ultrasharp 2709W + DELL Ultrasharp 2001FP
    Display (Projector): Epson TW-3500 1080p
    Speakers: Creative Megaworks THX550 5.1
    Headphones: Etymotic hf2 / Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro

Storage: 8x2TB Hitachi @ DELL PERC 6/i RAID6 / 13TB Non-RAID Across 12 HDDs
    Consoles: PS3 Slim 120GB / Xbox 360 Arcade 20GB / PS2

Thanks
    • andyjhill's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 980X
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD boot 1TB and 2tb data
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX470 x2 in SLI
      • PSU:
      • coolermaster pro gold 1000w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ-07
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23"
      • Internet:
      • VG 60mb adsl :)
    I have got the arctic freezer pro on a a8n32 and it fits onlu just fits with about 1mm gap between it and the heat pipes.but i have got it so that it works with the back to front cooling of my silverstone tj-07.Most cases pull air from the front and out the back.mine pulls in from the back and exhausta out the top,good case tbh

MON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurleung
    Since everyone got a different case and different configurations, look at others' temp is not a really good idea. Depends on which AMD stock cooler you're replacing, if its X2 / Opteron DC coolers the Freezer 64Pro is not going to be a lot better. BUT if its lower-end stock cooler like 3000+ / 3200+ then it will help a lot.

For example my intake goes through 5x300G HDDs which increase the intake by a couple of degrees easily and that affects the system temperature as a whole.

Idle temp is not an accurate measurement of heatsink performance. Again depends on CnQ, your CPU's idle freq/voltage could be far lower than one without CnQ on. also 0% CPU is different from 5% (which if you run some P2P its not uncommon to see that kind of load).

It would be best to have the idle and full load temperature as close as possible to reduce thermal stress within the CPU. Although I do not know how effective that would be, but for some people it seems to "preserve" overclocking because of the slower deterioration rate.
    yes i no wot you mean ... i looked at loads of reviews and all different .. but i did not see one with it on a x2 (this is the chip i have the 3800) and there all saying that the x2 run at the same heat .. which puzzles me as it is 2 chips in one .. i run at 51 idle at cold or warm system on a A8N32

is it worth me getting that freezer 64

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MON

is it worth me getting that freezer 64
    Depends what you have now, there are more powerful and coolers definitely but they cost more than twice as much. I was using a coolriver deluxe watercooling kit before but wanted that in my HTPC instead (which is now COMPLETELY INAUDIBLE ). I was just going to buy another of those but then thought that since my mobo is passively cooled and my graphics card has a very nice and quiet cooler on it I could probably get away with spending just £18 or whatever it was and going back to air cooling, the coolriver is ultra budget and I'm not sure how reliable the pump is, also it cannot be monitored.

If you want best performance, rools royce cooling get one from the thermaltake range (IIRC - the whoever makes the SP-120 or whatever it is), they are all highly regarded and buy an akasa amber fan (or better) for it. But if you want a cheap cooler that doesn't force you remove the mobo to fit it and doesn't need you to think about clearance around capacitors etc then you can't really go wrong with the freezer 64 pro.

MON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JPreston
    Depends what you have now, there are more powerful and coolers definitely but they cost more than twice as much. I was using a coolriver deluxe watercooling kit before but wanted that in my HTPC instead (which is now COMPLETELY INAUDIBLE ). I was just going to buy another of those but then thought that since my mobo is passively cooled and my graphics card has a very nice and quiet cooler on it I could probably get away with spending just £18 or whatever it was and going back to air cooling, the coolriver is ultra budget and I'm not sure how reliable the pump is, also it cannot be monitored.

If you want best performance, rools royce cooling get one from the thermaltake range (IIRC - the whoever makes the SP-120 or whatever it is), they are all highly regarded and buy an akasa amber fan (or better) for it. But if you want a cheap cooler that doesn't force you remove the mobo to fit it and doesn't need you to think about clearance around capacitors etc then you can't really go wrong with the freezer 64 pro.
    I was looking at this just to upgrade the cooler i have .. the amd one is the stock aluminaum one not the copper pipe on on the higher x2 .. IS THIS ANY GOOD?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=152521

Registered+
    Thanks
    MON you'd be better of with a freezer 64.

Thanks
    • NikolaX's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT IP35-E
      • CPU:
      • E2160 @2.9
      • Memory:
      • Geil Ultra 4x1 Gb
      • Storage:
      • WD Black 640 Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Giga. 8800 GT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper TypeR 580W
      • Case:
      • Antec Sonata
      • Operating System:
      • Win7
      • Monitor(s):
      • ViewSonic VA1912w
    Is it better then Thermaltake Big Typhoon ?
    E2160 @ 2.9 GHz ¦ ABIT IP35-E ¦ Geil Ultra 4x1 Gb ¦ 8800 GT ¦ Antec Sonata ¦ Logitech G5 ¦ Sennheiser PC150 ¦ Saitek Gamer Keyboard ¦ ViewSonic VA1912w

Thanks
    I don't think so, but it's definitely cheaper

Registered+
    Thanks
    Freezer on my x2 4200 @ 2.4 idle between 25-28. On full load mid 30s. Great cooler and for the money great bargain

MON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubob
    Freezer on my x2 4200 @ 2.4 idle between 25-28. On full load mid 30s. Great cooler and for the money great bargain

wot was it before the cooler?

Registered+
    Thanks
    i had a stock cooler on it and i think it was 32-33 idle , in the early thirties anyway

MON
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubob
    i had a stock cooler on it and i think it was 32-33 idle , in the early thirties anyway

you would have the heat pipe stock cooler then? or the all aluminium one?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Go for the freezer i totally recommend it, you dont need to take the mobo out like they advise and it goes on quite easy, only problem i have is i had to use both hands , one to hold the metal clip onto the lugs on one side the other to push the bracket down on the otherside.

I think it was custom pc that did a review on amd coolers recently and arctic came out top, think the gigabyte was second ?

MON
    Thanks
    also it will be better for the air flow looks like i am sticking why the 64 pro..

MON
    Thanks
    is it better connected to motherboard on 3 pin or 4 pin IE volt or 12 volt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information