Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Intel Conroe Numbers compared to AMD FX60!

Amateur photographer Hans Voralberg's Avatar
    Thanks
    If Conroe can match the value currently offer by AMD64 then finnaly after 5 years of waiting there's an Intel chip that i would use lol
    Primary kit:
    Fuji S5 Pro - Nikkor AF 50/1.8 - Nikkor AF 85/1.8
    Epson RD-1

Film Kit:
    Leica M3 - Summicron 50/2 DR - Zeiss ZM 25/2.8 - M-Rokkor 40/2

Olympus OM2n - Zuiko 50/2 Macro - Zuiko 50/1.4 - Zuiko 35/2.8

Registered+
    Thanks
    I am awaiting the release of new processors in anticipation. The price of budget processors like the sempron has not moved at all recently. and will not do so until new high end ones are released. Yes I am a cheapskate.

Banned
    Thanks
    The first thing we need to do is sit down and realize that Intel set up these two machines. While Anand couldn't find anything wrong with them, there is the possibility of some tricks going on to make the Conroe look like a huge favorite. For example, Apple is well known for using tricks and specific tests that made its previous products look like the second coming as compared to the products in the PC market. Compiler optimizations, low level driver settings, and other little tricks could work together to give the Conroe an unfair head start. I am not saying that Intel is out and out cheating here, but the guys setting up these machines do not want their products to look bad, and I can see them "optimizing" the Conroe machine to give better results. So, until a 3rd party can get their hands on a Conroe and run some independent tests, we should take these results with a pretty big grain of salt. There could be a lot going on that we don't know about, and until we can get some 3rd party verification, the Conroe should just be considered an exciting but unreleased product.

Something that did strike me as very interesting is that Anand mentioned that this would be a part that is six months from being released. I find this quite odd as I had thought Intel was pushing for an early July release date, which is approximately four months away. There is something strange about the timeline Anand is pointing to, as it just doesn't jive with what most of us have heard. A 2.66 GHz part should be released during the introduction in July, but if it is going to be coming out in a September time frame, what exactly is going to be released in July? Currently Intel is hemorrhaging marketshare all over the place, and if a 2.66 GHz Conroe in its current state is slapping around a FX-60 clocked at 2.8 GHz, and doing it with lower power and lower heat production, why is this chip not ready for prime time? Why is Intel not releasing this product ASAP, especially in the face of rumors of Dell going to AMD products, as well as AMD's marketshare gains in multiple areas? Intel certainly has the fab capacity to ramp this design very quickly, and their 65 nm process is very robust. So what is the holdup? Unless Intel is stockpiling these products for a massive release, in a business sense it makes no sense to sit on such a product if it really is this ready and is beating the competition so badly.

http://www.penstarsys.com/#conroe

Thanks
    The whole thing is hog-wash. Does Intel not know how testers do their jobs ?. They have their own testers right ?. Or are these their own bigots drooling foolishly over their own thing and oblivious about what the competition has. Just look at the auto industry. That competition is very well polished and pretty much impartial and transparent to most. If not all reputable magazines and websites.

Just provide the bare machine with motherboard, power supply, ram. No video card, no monitor, no disk , no cd/dvd_roms. Heck, the testers will bring their own PSU and great video cards, fast rams and whatever heck stuff to make a decent baseline in their testing regimes.

I am not convince of the COnroe claims until I see validated tests from three different parties who are reputable!. Simple as that.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    I see the flamebait is still coming strong.
    At the time the P4 was introduced into the market Intel was trying to crank up the clocks like nobody business, and they did that with great success.. Now the onus is on more efficient core architecture, which Intel also appears to be doing with good success. Time will tell what happens, however it would be foolish to underestimate Intel, AMD knows this, their fanboys should too
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread Information