Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conroe price difference ($)US / (£)UK

Thanks
    I don't see why Intel won't be able to have good stock levels. They are a lot bigger and definitely more organised than Nvidia. I think this is also the biggest launch they have done ever so I'm sure they are going to make sure there are no stock problems.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Yeah I don't know where I get my pessimism from on this one.. I just get the feeling there's a weak link somewhere - maybe in motherboards. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just the byproduct of a large gap between paper and real release that's got me worried about stock levels.

Thanks
    The motherboards are in short supply all the online retailers have only a few more left, although thats to be expected as more people jump on the preorder bandwagon. I can well see after conroes being released and widly available that the best motherboards being in very short supply especially given the price difference between the enthusiast boards and the 'bare bones' boards is so relativly small and liable to stay that way if the supply remains the same.

Although if there isn't a shortage of the E6600 at some point after release I will be very supprised given its the sort of 'golden spot' in the Core2Duo line up.

Thanks
    Intel were saying months ago that they will ramp up their manufacture of Conroes but by the end of 2006 it will only account for 25% of all processors they make.

I also worry that there aren't enough to wait for and I should pre-order now.

But there is quite a discrepancy in prices. Overclockers - everyone expects them to overcharge for pre-orders, but their price is about the same as Scan. Komplett is £30+ less. So surely Monday will bring price cuts from some places, such as Scan and Overclockers?

I can't see any pre-order purchasers complaining if the price drops on Monday? That's why you pay more for a pre-order, so you get one as early as possible.

ARGH

DM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information