• PSU:
      • X-Clio 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec Sonata Piano Black
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 23" Samsung
      • Internet:
      • 2Mbit (max in my village)
    I don't want to blatantly pimp my mini business but soon I'll be launching my company EDGEWARE who'll be providing super quiet, super fast and super quality computer. Watch out for reviews of our kit in the press also.

This sort of thread makes good reading for someone like myself, i.e. preloaded software, supplying CD's etc etc. All of which we will be doing as well as using only the best mobo's, memory, chips etc. An example would be the use of Antec Sonata cases as standard for most of our systems, not some cheap junk that many of the major and minor brands use.

Anyway, pimp over.

Oh and Moby if your interested in reviewing one of our machines in the future for Hexus just let me know, feedback be it positive or negative is always welcome.
    Last edited by Bleek; 15-07-2004 at 04:16 PM.
    The situation's looking...

Thanks
    Hi there just want to let you guys know that i ordered a pc from "holly computers" nearly 30 days ago. On the website it states 14-21 days for delivery and i have now been told after telephoning them that my system wont be ready for at least 40 days from when i ordered it. On top of that, i have e-mailed them several times prior to telephoning them and i did not get A SINGLE REPLY from anyone. I'll post again when the pc arrives but frankly when you are spending 2 and a half grand on a new system you expect your e-mails to be returned. I have found so far, that they are extremely unprofessionlal and i really hope i do not have any problems with the system when it arrives, because even though i have 3 years warranty etc.. i can imagine that it will be a ****ing nightmare getting these people to sort it out as they cant even reply to a hundred word email.

Anyway as you can see, i'm pretty pissed at the moment because of this, maybe i'll change my mind about this company if they give a discount for the delay and the computer is a cracker, but right now i have to say that i would not recommend this company to anyone.

I'll post again in a month, hopefully by then my holly computers "take ****ing ages to arrive" pc will be up and running.

A very unhappy customer

Ravens Nest
    Quote Originally Posted by masterleecher
    Hi there just want to let you guys know that i ordered a pc from "holly computers" nearly 30 days ago. On the website it states 14-21 days for delivery and i have now been told after telephoning them that my system wont be ready for at least 40 days from when i ordered it. On top of that, i have e-mailed them several times prior to telephoning them and i did not get A SINGLE REPLY from anyone. I'll post again when the pc arrives but frankly when you are spending 2 and a half grand on a new system you expect your e-mails to be returned. I have found so far, that they are extremely unprofessionlal and i really hope i do not have any problems with the system when it arrives, because even though i have 3 years warranty etc.. i can imagine that it will be a ****ing nightmare getting these people to sort it out as they cant even reply to a hundred word email.

Anyway as you can see, i'm pretty pissed at the moment because of this, maybe i'll change my mind about this company if they give a discount for the delay and the computer is a cracker, but right now i have to say that i would not recommend this company to anyone.

I'll post again in a month, hopefully by then my holly computers "take ****ing ages to arrive" pc will be up and running.

A very unhappy customer
    I'd take my business elsewhere, 40 days wait thats pathetic if i had the parts i could build it it in 4-5 hours..

If you've got worrys now about how there treating you imagine when they have your money (Unless they have taken it already) there must be something you can do.

Perhaps you would be better building it yourself or getting someone near you (Thurrock area maybe?) or one of the pro's here on hexus to build it for you.

What are the specifications of your PC then? be interesting to know if it could be built a lot cheaper (I know you'd lose the 3 year warranty, but the saving maybe worth it as normally if a PC fails it's only one part thats failed)

Let us know how you get on.

Panzer Division Marduk PanzerKnight's Avatar
    Thanks
    spent £2000 on a beast of a system bak in the day, got it from Evesham. the PC came with all the software incluing OS in cd room for backup and also recovery software and stuff.

Tech support was good, even drove to my place up in uni, even though i had got the pc while i was still at home. They didnt mind i had upgraded the system nor gone inside the pc.

Before this had a Time pc. Got CIH virus so they replaced our mobo and hd without much hassle. lol we gave the system to them to upgrade and the dude at the desk just plopped the cpu in and forgot to put the h/s on lol. Time were pretty crap, would avoid

If i ever had to buy a pre built pc would get from Evesham again, still even using the 5 year old hd as my main hd in my current set up

Thanks
    I got my system originaly from, http://www.abspc.com/ I found it to be very good! it didnt come with a buch of preinstaled crap! I have instaled a new mobo TWICE and added some raptors....

Thanks
    2 and a half grand on a new system
    I hope for that sort of money its a Kray supercomputer with built in time machine and tea making accessories?

PC hardware has done nothing but drop in price, quick CPUs, reliable PSUs and Hardrives and decent sized sticks of memory are all cheaper than a few years ago (excepting the small price blip on memory recently).

For that kind of money I'd be expecting nothing less tahn a true bleeding edge of performance machine... I know its all ordered (and very likely paid for now) but if you haven't got the machine yet, I'd seriously consider cancelling the order and looking around elsewhere. Dell seem to have good reputation, so perhaps look at what they can do.... or bite the bullet and even take a shifty at either doing a self bulld or getting someone to build it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks

holly computers

To Raven, yeah its a pretty decent computer that i've ordered, water cooled, fx-53, dual layer dvd writer, 36gig raptor + 7200rpm 80gig harddrive, 1gig of 400mhz ram, water cooled geforce 6800 gt 256vram, nice antec p160 aluminium case, microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse, xp, vision master pro 454 19inch, and all those water cooled bits and pieces they use. It came up to £2,300. (ouch!)

Thing is, I personally would never spend that much money on a computer, but my parents decided that as i was the first person in the family to get a degree that they would get my a phat present (they refused to give me cash unfortunately!) and i asked if i could combine the present with my birthday thats coming up and get my dream pc. I looked around everywhere and Holly Computers had the system that i wanted and i hate the way Alienware pcs look so i thought i'll try them, they seemed reliable and have been around for a while. Now i'm startin to wish i'd asked my folks if they'd just pay for me to go on a phat holiday to south america or australia with my bird but those lazy ****s at holly have taken the money now and it would blatantly be a pain in the arse to get it back. My dad is well pissed, he rung them up to complain and wants to sue if they dont sort it out soon. He's livid cos they've already charged him the full amount and its now 36 days since we ordered it. Obviously in Holly's terms and conditions they have a "we don't accept any responsibility for delays in delivery etc..." bit, but under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act that could be challenged so there is still a possibility that we may get the money back. Only reason i'm postin is because it really pisses me off that they cant be bothered to reply my e-mails. When i made the order and they wanted the money....heeey...what do you know got back to me within 24hrs, but now they got my money they won't reply. Really its pretty disgraceful that they operate like that and once its all over i'm gonna write in to all the pc mags that have a consumer complaints section and try and hope that my letter gets printed so it doesn't happen to other people.

If i knew how to make a bad ass water cooled pc then i would have definitely chose to make it myself but my knowledge of pcs goes as far as changing graphics cards, hard drives, pci slot stuff and memory so i didn't want to risk it. i managed to chip my xbox too but that was a mission so i don't reckon i could handle doin a water cooled bad boy!!

Anyways enough moanin by me, i'm gonna call em up tomorrow and ask whats happenin because they said this Friday i should be getting it, but i ain't countin on it. Holly Computers you suck, reply to my ****in e-mails!!!!!!!!!

Later all and if anyone wants to build my next pc cos i'm gettin a job soon and want to upgrade my other pc let me know!!!!!

Thanks

God damn i need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Raven, yeah its a pretty decent computer that i've ordered, water cooled, fx-53, dual layer dvd writer, 36gig raptor + 7200rpm 80gig harddrive, 1gig of 400mhz ram, water cooled geforce 6800 gt 256vram, nice antec p160 aluminium case, microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse, xp, vision master pro 454 19inch, and all those water cooled bits and pieces they use. It came up to £2,300. (ouch!)

Thing is, I personally would never spend that much money on a computer, but my parents decided that as i was the first person in the family to get a degree that they would get my a phat present (they refused to give me cash unfortunately!) and i asked if i could combine the present with my birthday thats coming up and get my dream pc. I looked around everywhere and Holly Computers had the system that i wanted and i hate the way Alienware pcs look so i thought i'll try them, they seemed reliable and have been around for a while. Now i'm startin to wish i'd asked my folks if they'd just pay for me to go on a phat holiday to south america or australia with my bird but those lazy ****s at holly have taken the money now and it would blatantly be a pain in the arse to get it back. My dad is well pissed, he rung them up to complain and wants to sue if they dont sort it out soon. He's livid cos they've already charged him the full amount and its now 36 days since we ordered it. Obviously in Holly's terms and conditions they have a "we don't accept any responsibility for delays in delivery etc..." bit, but under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act that could be challenged so there is still a possibility that we may get the money back. Only reason i'm postin is because it really pisses me off that they cant be bothered to reply my e-mails. When i made the order and they wanted the money....heeey...what do you know got back to me within 24hrs, but now they got my money they won't reply. Really its pretty disgraceful that they operate like that and once its all over i'm gonna write in to all the pc mags that have a consumer complaints section and try and hope that my letter gets printed so it doesn't happen to other people.

If i knew how to make a bad ass water cooled pc then i would have definitely chose to make it myself but my knowledge of pcs goes as far as changing graphics cards, hard drives, pci slot stuff and memory so i didn't want to risk it. i managed to chip my xbox too but that was a mission so i don't reckon i could handle doin a water cooled bad boy!!

Anyways enough moanin by me, i'm gonna call em up tomorrow and ask whats happenin because they said this Friday i should be getting it, but i ain't countin on it. Holly Computers you suck, reply to my ****in e-mails!!!!!!!!!

Later all and if anyone wants to build my next pc cos i'm gettin a job soon and want to upgrade my other pc let me know!!!!!

Thanks

my pc is here....finally!

well i have finally received the pc and i have to say that despite the fact that holl's customer service is a bit lame, and i had to wait 50 days for the system, and then a couple more days for the monitor, it's pretty damn good. Initially i thought that it didn't work because no input would come through the monitor and i had to call up their technical support team to find out what was going on. THey tried to solve the problem over the phone and failed but then 10 minutes later when i was fuming that it didn't work i tried to show my dad what was wrong and voila it suddenly worked! Even though the technical support didn't really help i was quite impressed with the representative, he was polite and did prety much all that could be done over the phone. The pc is a little bit noisier than i had hoped, being watercooled i expected it to be near silent but that wasn't the case. That said the noise does remain the same even when you are playing doom 3 for hours and it really does stay cool! I've been playing doom 3 at 1600*1200 aa*4 and on ultra quality setting with everything that can be turned on on and it handles it with relative ease!

So anyway - technical support is very good - customer service needs some work - they need to apologise more for delays rather than just blame everything on other people - but the end product is...i hate to say...just about worth the wait! But anyone buying a top of the range pc from holly should completely disregard the "14-21 days for delivery" because that is bull****!!

Thanks
    i would like to say that in regards to holly computers and their service i've had no problems, i ordered my pc back in march and have since rebuilt using their new components to make a top rig! you can easily get waiting times from various suppliers due to stock limitation on top stuff, if you want a pc quick you'll have to go to pc world, but you won't get quality or indeed any service what so ever! so from myself top marks to holly computers!
    t1m s1d1ous

DR
    Thanks
    You can get a PC quicker from Mesh - Even SavRow only take 10 days.....

Thanks

Another holly experience

Bit of an old thread but thought I'd add to this one anyway...
    Also ordered from Holly and getting the same experience as Raven. Good sales stuff, know what they are doing etc. but the infrastructure to back it up in any manner you could relate to the word "service" is completely lacking. It's now been almost 2 months and its still nearly here...

Here's hoping the rest of my experience is the same as Raven's though and the system is worth the wait.. should be back shortly to report

Thanks
    dont know if its already been said but if you use a normal XP install disk the key should
    work unless its one of the recent ones to stop that sort of thing but wasnt it like only 20 manufacs world wide?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    It's simple; reputable companies give you the disks, disreputable companies don't, and to a certain extent I'd argue that whether a company does or doesn't is a fair indication as to whether they are a reputable company.
    You could say that.
    I worked in computer retail for a good year with a not-so-reputable large distribution chain.
    Just to clear things up, you might like to know that Microsofts new OEM Licensing Agreements state that you can purchase a PC with Windows installed, but have to pay for the install disk itself if you want it. Prevents piracy, apparently. Just another excuse for Microsoft to take money where they shouldn't need to.
    AthlonXP 2500+ @ 2.1Ghz
    1024Mb Corsair DDR RAM @ 390FSB
    ATi Radeon 9800SE with NP Softmod
    MSI K7N2 Delta nForce2 Mobo.
    Old - But still going strong

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    We ship the windows CD media with the system and their licensing information just in case the customer needs to format and reinstall as we've all installed something in the past that has affected stability be it newer drivers, software, game demos and know how infuriating it can be to be left with no discs to recover/repair or format and reinstall.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    If I was to buy a new computer from a store, I wouldn't buy it from one that didn't supply the discs for the software that's installed. Who would wanna do that??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information