Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mesh Again!!

Thanks
    I mean mesh are more likely to get bad feedback here, as more people on hexus use em?

I know it was confusing, I was in zombie like state when I wrote it yesterday(the boredom in my work is unbearable)

DR
    Thanks
    I think it is a case of experience, some people have had a good experience, some people bad.

I don't think any system builder can be singled out as bad.

Thanks
    That to :-)

Thanks
    Fair enough. I do...lets agree to disagree then
    Twigman

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Think about any car maker - the same happens in the car forum - people bash Ford for example but they sell millions of cars a year
    on that point; if you crash a mesh/evesham etc you're unlikely to hurt yourself, just press reset! [unless of course you repeatedly hit your head on the desk, that could meet similar results]
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Registered+
    Thanks
    Do not touch MESH with a bargepole!!! I paid £1400 for a system from them lst FEB, with a 3 year on-site warranty. It developed a problem with the graphics card overheating, while playing 3D intense games. They insisted it had to be returned to base, bcoz they no longer stocked AGP parts so my system had to b overhauled to PCI xpress. 8-10 working days was time i was told it would take. they received my system on 21/02/06 and they still have it today is the 10/03/06. This is a copy of the letter that i sent them that will provide more details and an example of there conduct for any1 thinkin of buying a product from them. sorry it is so long, but i did summarize it believe it or not! i advise also searching the web for "MESH complaints" or "MESH Complaints forums" - hours of fun!!!
    Last edited by llcoolg; 03-04-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    MESH Computers
    MESH House
    No 1 Oxgate Centre
    Oxgate Lane
    London NW2 7JA

I am writing as a procurer of one of your much touted PC ADVISOR best buy products of February 2005, for a substantial £1360. I am of the sincere hope that this letter does not fall on deaf ears so to speak, as I am writing to your company in the hope that you have the integrity as a business, to look into some on the issues which I am going to highlight for you.
    Having received my system in January of last year I was very satisfied with the system. So much so, that I recommended your company to a friend of mine who was also in the market for a personal computer system, and so he also purchased a PC from yourselves only a couple of months later, my experience with your product continued to be a pleasant one, until I began to experience problems during 3D gaming, the computer would restart itself after approx only 10-15 minutes of game play, only to boot onto what I can only describe as a scrambled screen reminiscent of the old Sinclair spectrums’ loading screen. I suspected a graphics card problem, and checking the temperature using the program supplied by the card manufacturer (nVidia), I found that running windows desktop screen alone caused the cards temperature to sit at around 68 degrees Celsius. The cards threshold temperature is 120 degrees Celsius. I am fully aware that these 3D cards are run at high temperature during 3D intense programs, an often reach 100 degrees or more on occasion, however, after only five minutes of gameplay, an alt-tab out of the game would display that the card was running at 118 Celsius. Note that this was not confined to one particular game, rather four or five, and the graphics setting were all set to “auto-detect”. After a fair amount of research, I was satisfied that this was definitely a problem that was beyond my abilities to solve, and was almost definitely a hardware fault. So I telephoned your technical support line, and my suspicion of the faulty graphics card was confirmed by your technical advisor.
    Now this is where the problems start, I was told that I was going to have to return my tower to your depot in London, despite the fact that I have a 3 year on-site warranty as advertised by yourselves and PC ADVISOR. After questioning this I was told that the reason for this was that your company no longer carried my particular graphics card, which was an nVidia 6800GT (AGP), and had opted to stock only PCI graphics cards and that because of this my systems motherboard had to be upgraded in order for a PCI express version the card to be fitted, and that this job could not be performed “on-site”
    I was told that “labels” were being sent out to me and that I was to repackage my systems tower only, attach the labels to the side of the box and telephone your customer services department to arrange a date and time of collection. This is exactly what I did, and was told that a courier would pick my tower up on Thursday 16/02/06 between 9am and 6pm – no one arrived. I telephoned your customer services on Friday, and spoke to a young lady called Cadra, I believe, who seemed very helpful and apologised and assured me that she would contact the courier personally and find out what happened, and phone me back in around an hour, which she did. Apparently the delivery driver had cited his reason for not picking up the goods as “not being ready for pick up”, but after investigating this, your customer service advisor learned that the driver actually had a problem with his van. I was assured that he would arrive by 2:30pm that day, Friday 17/02/06. By 2:30pm still no-one had arrived, and I promptly phoned back, to be told that, Cadra wasn’t available however the driver was still on his rounds and would be there before 6pm that day – I waited and no one came.
    On Monday 20/02/06 as I could no longer afford to take another day off university to sit and wait for a phantom courier, my mother phoned on my behalf speaking to a young gentleman and was presented by the same questionable information, so she acquired the phone no. of the courier service, and phoned them directly – the tower was picked up at approx 5pm on Monday (20/02/06).
    I had inquired about a possible graphics card upgrade, when I was on the phone to your technical advisor previously, as I noticed on your website that there was only approx. £40 difference between the card being replaced and its successor and I was willing to pay the difference for the newer card. The advisor I spoke to said that they would make a “note” on the system and that when they received the system, I would receive a phone call from someone involved in the repair to discuss the details of the upgrade.
    Upon hearing nothing from you, I decided to call on the Friday 24/02/06, only to be told that my computer had yet to be inspected, and that once it was ready to be repaired I would receive a phone call to discuss the upgrade. By the following Monday afternoon 27/02/06 I politely phoned back, I was once again told that my system was yet to be inspected, after voicing some concern over the apparent lack of progress I was told that my repair would be flagged as urgent and would be dealt with accordingly, and I would likely receive the illusive phone call regarding the repair and upgrade the following day and that I would probably have my system back before 01/03/06. After still hearing nothing the next day, 28/03/06 I asked my mother to phone on my behalf, she spoke with a young man called Muyur Patel and was told that the repair would NOW be flagged as urgent and would be on the repair bench the next day. As neither my mother or I are stupid we quickly realised that we had both been told on separate occasions that we had been flagged as urgent and at least one of us had been lied to unless your company operates under situations of double urgent repairs. The next day, Wednesday 01/03/06, bearing in mind that I was specifically told that it would take no longer than 8-10 working days, I am sure you will be as surprised as I was, when no-one from your company phoned me, and I was again required to telephone Mr Patel back to find out what was going on. Mr Patel informed me that the engineer had indeed started testing my computer for a fault, and he offered - after some persuasion to go and check the progress of the testing. After a very brief chat with the engineer (approx less than 3 minutes) Mr Patel informed me that the engineer had been running “benchmark tests” on my system and it had yet to “crash on him” and also that after my claim that the graphics cards was overheating, he and the engineer had physically touched the card and it “was not hot”. It was then put to me that Mr Patel and the unnamed engineer were of the opinion that there was no fault with the system. I inquired to Mr Patel if, he was himself, an engineer within your company, again I was surprised to find out that he is/was not an engineer, and that also he does not think 70 degrees Celsius is hot. I again went through all the problems I had experienced, all the time with Mr Patel attempting to talk over me. Mr Patel and I seemed to eventually understand each other at the end of our rather heated conversation.
    Mr Patel assured me that he would personally oversee the repairs and let me know how things were going tomorrow 02/03/06 even if he had heard nothing from the engineer, in the way of a courtesy call I suppose.

I was astonished when I arrived home on Thursday afternoon 03/03/06 and was greeted with the news that some one form your company called Karim had actually phoned and left a message, asking me to call him back. With the hope of being reunited with my system, I promptly phoned Karim back, and he wanted to speak to me about the upgrade I inquired about. He said that he could offer me a brand new motherboard upgrade for stock price £30. I have no idea what he had in mind in terms of the graphics card, because it was at this point I pointed out to him that the very reason I was told I had to return my system in this first place, was to replace this very component as it was necessary for the replacement of the graphics card. Karim then corrected me on this point saying that this was not what was going to happen. He said all that was going to happen was that I was going to get a replacement 6800GT (AGP) card in my machine. I explained to him I was no longer interested in the upgrade under these circumstances, and also explained to him what I had been told by various members of staff form his company up until this point. He again informed me that I was mistaken, and promptly changed the subject saying that he had just remembered that there was a 6800 ultra (AGP) sitting in the stock room, and that he would try and get that put in my machine instead, and that he would give me a full report on the repair progress. He said that he would phone me back later that day. Again Karim never phoned me back, and as it approached your closing time of 5:30pm I did the courtesy of phoning Karim back to see if he could shed any more light on when I might be getting my system back. The person I got on the phone this time said they didn’t know anyone called Karim. I asked to speak to a manager or a supervisor and was told that none were available, I persisted and was told that there was nothing they could do, and Karim wasn’t at his desk?! I pointed out that he had already told me he had no idea who Karim was and again asked for a manager, I was then hung up on.
    Phoning back the following day 04/03/06 around 1pm. A rather aggressive young gentleman called Daive Natu answered my call. I again requested to speak to a manger of a supervisor, and was again denied. Mr Natu told me that he was a “senior customer service advisor” and that he was capable of dealing with the problem. I explained the events of the previous day to Mr Natu who eventually he said he would look into it and “phone me back”! I pointed out to Mr Natu his colleague’s “forgetfulness” in this area and that I would rather speak to someone in charge before I got off the phone, he refused saying “I am not going to elevate this call, we are doing everything we said we were going to, so there is no need to speak to manager” “this is not a managers issue”. He again assured me he would phone me back in about 3 hours, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.
    I was pleased to eventually receive a phone call from Mr Natu, sometime after 5pm informing me that, the green light had been given to put the 6800GT (AGP) card in my machine, and that It would be put on Monday nights shipment, therefore I would likely receive my long lost computer by Tuesday 07/03/06. Although being far from satisfied by the way in which I had been treated by your staff, I accepted this and thanked Mr Natu for having the decency to actually return my call.
    The following day, Saturday 04/03/06, I received a phone call from a rather disgruntled young woman, who had apparently phoned to complain to ME, about a letter which I had written to inform you of the farce in picking my system up. She informed me that my graphics card was being upgraded, and inquired to ME if I had bothered to phone Karim back!! I informed her that I had, and that I had also spoken to someone else, and that the long and the short of it was that I was getting my system back with a 6800 Ultra (AGP) on Tuesday 04/03/06. She confirmed this and assured me that I was getting my system back on Tuesday. I also asked her about the onsite warranty, which now seemed to be pretty pointless, considering I had to return my system for a problem that could have quite easily have been repaired “on site”. I was now informed that it was your policy to perform an over-night QC bench test and THAT was why I had to return my system! Your staff member is yet to explain to me under what circumstances my computer will be repaired on-site. I saw no point in arguing again, because I was obviously considered gullible enough to be constantly lied to by practically all of your staff. I settled for the fact that I would be receiving my computer on Tuesday.
    As it approached 1pm on Tuesday, I had the feeling, as I always do now while dealing with your company, that perhaps things were not going according to plan. I phoned the courier service to ask them when they thought I would receive my delivery.
    They had no record of receiving my system, but pointed out that I was the FOURTH person that had phoned complaining about MESH Computers.
    I phoned your service centre and was greeted by the now infamous Mr Patel. Mr Patel broke the news to me that my computer had not yet left your depot, indeed it had not even been repaired yet! He told me that the 6800 chipset had been tested in my system and was found to “not work very well”. He did not elaborate on this, and as I did not feel like being lied to any further, I did not ask him to. He volunteered the information, that “we were now, having to go with plan A” I asked him to confirm that this was the initial plan involving replacing the motherboard and the graphics card to PCI express versions and he confirmed this. He could now not tell me when I would be receiving my system, I suggested by the end of the week and the best answer he could supply for me was “hopefully”. I will add that your company has provided me with the worst experience of my consumer life, I no longer trust your company, or have any confidence that you intend to resolve the situation.
    I am interested to know if you feel this is an acceptable way to treat your customers, I would like to know why you supply an on-site warranty when you obviously have no intention of fulfilling it. I would be interested to know if you monitor your calls. I would like to know why I was never allowed to speak to a manager or supervisor. I would like to know if you encourage your staff to lie, if so perhaps you should consider giving them better training in this area so they aren’t so easily caught out.
    Based on past experience with your company, I am almost certain that you will have no intentions of rectifying any of these issues. I know I am not alone in feeling a great amount of dissatisfaction with your company, as I have encountered many internet forums, even naming your infamous staff members, so I will be contacting your other dissatisfied customers to find out about their “experiences” as well, because this is obviously a mounting problem, which you should not be allowed to get away with in this day and age.
    The culminations of these events have forced me to contact the trading standards Institute and seek legal advice and representation. Please find attached letter.

Regards, Mr George Thomson
    Glasgow

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2
    Thats the point though, how many times have you had a product and it has worked perfectly, and you've gone out of your way to tell others about your experiences? Very few I would suggest. However when anything goes wrong, then people are more likely to make a fuss - its human nature.

I have had experiences, good and bad, from many different companies - however I would still use them. Belkin are one - their technical support is dire, but how many times have I had to use it? (bearing in mind that I work in IT, and deal quite a bit with many different companies, and their products) - I can count the instances on one hand.

I personally build my own computers, but for PCs around £500 or for people with little knowlegde of the workings of pcs, companies like Dell/Mesh/Evesham cannot be beaten, as their economies of scale reduce the price, and in most cases, you get reasonably competent technical support.

Dave

Thanks
    I can only recommend scan 3XS systems, i bought one recently (about 2 months since) and it has worked almost flawlessly from day one. I say almost because i have had a few problems, but the technical support that scan offer is immense and they have helped me fix the problems i that i was having. Which in the end i think turned out to be the fault of software (azureus) but i won't go into that. They may be a bit more pricey than other systems but the build quality is top notch and the same goes for service, so in the eend i think it is worth the extra money.

I intend to write a review at some point in the near future to include a bit more detail, when i have some time to spare in between gaming and well more gaming to be honest

The system i bought is in my sig and it came to around £1300, which is around £150 more than what i could have built it for at the time, this was for the base unit alone but there are more components in it than what my system will allow.

Also the reason i went with scan is that i didn't find a single bad review of their systems, but i understand that they are a smaller company that don't produce as many computers as Mesh, so the bad experiences if there are any will be proportionally less.

Registered+
    Thanks
    yeah Dave,
    but my point is that MESH ignore consumer law. We all think we are protected by the law and we have rights that make sure this kinda thing cant happen. We also tend to think that most companies have good intentions. Altough we do have rights, they take time to inforce against companies like MESH who obviously do not have the best intentions towards their customers, and have to be taken right to the wire to be forced to obide by the laws of trade in this country. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people dont fight for their rights, so MESH get away with it. And the people like myself that do, are inconvienieced greatly by MESH, as far as i can tell juz out of badness.
    U think this is ok as long as they make more good products than bad?
    one of the main reasons i purchased from MESH was the fact that they offered a 3 year on-site warranty. Now this is something they will not deliver on!
    As in regards to competent tech support, it has taken them 4 weeks so far to replace a dodgy graphics card. Now they're sayin that the graphics card which was overheating, has managed to corrupt other system components! Now Dave u sound as if u know wot ur talkin about, so we both know that there is no such thing as computer hardware virus and as i said in my letter i had i guy tryin to tell me that a graphics card reaching 118 degrees celsuis in under 10 mins "wasn't even hot" How long does it take u to replace a graphics card?
    Proportianality is 1 thing, lies and law "bending" is somethin entirely different.
    Last edited by llcoolg; 16-03-2006 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks
    • lodore's system
      • Motherboard:
      • X570 AORUS MASTER
      • CPU:
      • Amd Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 2666 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Gigabyte AORUS 7000s SSD and sandisk 1tb sata 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI 11gb
      • PSU:
      • Ion+ 860W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 4000D AIRFLOW
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 34inch ultra wide quad HD 144hz and 24inch asus HD
      • Internet:
      • 80Mbps Zen
    what about scan

Registered+
    Thanks
    Mesh make me spit, I paid £1600 then another £530 admittidley I up graded to a single core FX57 chip but when it came back they had replaced my 6800gt's with second hand 6800's when I asked what they were playing at they said it was an upgrade! I asked for my old ones back now they have told me to please myself whatever that means I think I can guess.
    I'm chucking the whole thing back now.
    my advice is build your own I already lost £1200 in the Time/tiny collapse.

Registered+
    Thanks
    my mate got a cube247 system, he had a prob with the HDD but they fixed it no probs and have been dead helpful wen he foned them for other stuff. Also i seen 1 of their guys on another forum defending his collegue wen some guy had a rant about them accusing them of stuff he's the only complaint i've seen about them. They seem to be pretty genuine, any1 does i suppose compared to mesh tho!!

Registered+
    Thanks
    as for ur point david, how much did those bank robbers make in 1 day, 40 million.......? does that make them honest and reputable? lets get real here, mesh have no intentions of solvin customer complaints, it seems mesh share ur attitude of "mesh make 80 million a year" so they gotta be doin somethin rite. well thats smashing, but the point is, if it wasnt for us buyin mesh crap then they wouldnt make a pretty penny, all good things come to an end and i hope its sooner rather than later for u ur mesh buddies. mesh zealots have to understand that its brilliant wen u get a system from them that works, but its seems more often than not, ppl are gettin a dud from them, and they stretch the law to the limit in avoiding wot they are obliged to do. Car manufacturers wouldnt get away wit service like this, i dont c why pc buyers should have to suffer.
    Last edited by llcoolg; 03-04-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks
    all good things come to an end and i hope its sooner rather than later for u lot.
    have you even the slightest idea which forum you are posting on ?

This is the HEXUS.net forum , not the MESH subforum. If you have a problem with a MESH machine , then please keep your posts in the correct forum. If you wish to participate with the rest of the HEXUS communiity then I suggest you refrain from making posts like the above in the future.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick
    have you even the slightest idea which forum you are posting on ?

This is the HEXUS.net forum , not the MESH subforum. If you have a problem with a MESH machine , then please keep your posts in the correct forum. If you wish to participate with the rest of the HEXUS communiity then I suggest you refrain from making posts like the above in the future.

Sorry for the confusion, it was all the mesh ass kissin that made me think u all worked for them.

Thread Information