Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: another cannabis thread

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks

another cannabis thread

just been reading the "drugs testing in schools" thread & a few comments about drugs staying in your system for a number of days made me think of something else

lets say i worked for a compnay which carried out random drug testing - i don't, but i know there are some companies who do

if i took a week off & went to amsterdam & got completely stoned off my face (where cannabis use isn't illegal so therefore i was acting within the law in the country where i was getting stoned)

if i were tested when i came back & found to have traces of cannabis in my blood/urine/whatever - how would i stand legally since i had not broken any laws in my consumption of the drug since it was consumed in a place where use of cannabis wasn't illegal

(this is all hypothetical btw, so i don't have any specific opinions/answers/agenda. i'm just posting in the spirit of the forum..ie: i'm posing a question)
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Here we go again.....

Actually, I'd say that since it's legal in Amsterdam you'd probably be able to prove you were there whilst smoking it... Dunno how that would hinder your bosses perception though. I wouldn't want someone working for me who smokes that crap be it in this country or not.

Thanks
    As usual Big Al is there with his extreme right wing viewpoint...

The law isn't really your problem, company policy is. My company has a policy against working while under the influence, as I believe do most. With a positive test result, you would likely be invited to an 'interview' with management, and you would be able to state in your defense that you had been on holiday. It would be up to them to decide if it were an acceptable excuse. For a company to run drugs tests they'd have to be very strict, so they would probably want to retest you.

Thanks
    I was under the impression that it was illegal to fail a drugs test even if it was legal at the time of taking drugs or not.

Thanks
    • floppybootstomp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 Sandybridge Quad Core 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Corsair 128Gb SSD; 1Tb for games; 500Gb for data
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA Nvidia 1Gb GTX 560
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Modular 620W
      • Case:
      • Antech 900 Gamers Case
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Ben Q EW2730V 27"
      • Internet:
      • Zen as ISP; Linksys Wireless Router; 4 machine network
    As I understand it, only possession's illegal, not having traces of it in your body. Unless you're driving, of course, or operating heavy machinery. Or trying to make sense, or compiling a thesis, or trying to be very, very, serious..

And I'd rather have 'that crap' in my body than a few pints of JD and Coke or, for that matter, MacDonalds or umpteen frozen 'meals' from Iceland

Thanks
    legality means nothing. If the terms of your employment contract stipulate that you must pass a random drugs test or get the sack and you fail it , then you get the sack.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick
    legality means nothing. If the terms of your employment contract stipulate that you must pass a random drugs test or get the sack and you fail it , then you get the sack.
    this is totally true makes no difference when or where you took it when you take the test if you fail it then you loose your job another thing in 1995 i had a friend who failed a drug test in his sport and he had never touched a drug
    he tested positive for cannabis tho he hadnt smoked any he sat with his friends in their bedrooms cars etc wherever and was passively smoking it unknown to him so be very wary of that risk as well
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

herbalist
    Thanks
    as far as i'm aware, its in no way illegal to have it in your bloodstream, apart from in certain situations e.g. car crash incidents, athletes, probationers etc... however, possesion, cultivation etc.. is still illegal. so if i got drug tested at college, and the result came back showing i got tons of cannabinoid residue in me (which it wud do ), they can't do rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish about it unless i got some on me or at home (v. well hidden ) etc...
    i do enjoy the prospect of another cannabis thread, hope it gets as good and heated as the one i started ages ago. let battle commence!

peace.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    not a fan of cannabis these days just makes me tired and depressed but whatever floats ur boat , i mean im not goin to lecture anyone about tokin when im siting drinkin a corona.

actually if i smoke when drunk i dont get the tired depressed thing.

smokin a spliff and rockin a bottle of corona how ghetto fabulous am I??
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    this thread has cheered me up a good bit after the fortress europe one.

good to see that some people are just happy sitting smoking with friends than writing letters to the daily mail about immigrants etc etc
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrapshoT
    in 1995 i had a friend who failed a drug test in his sport and he had never touched a drug
    he tested positive for cannabis tho he hadnt smoked any he sat with his friends in their bedrooms cars etc wherever and was passively smoking it unknown to him so be very wary of that risk as well
    Yeah, well if that's true it's absurd innit? Since when was Cannabis a performance enhancing drug? What sport did he compete in anyway- Mars Bar eating? Talking *******s? Getting Pinkeye? Giggling?

Drug testing in sport....there's another topic not to get me started on.

Rave
    Last edited by Rave; 24-02-2004 at 01:50 AM. Reason: for clarity

herbalist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petrefax
    if i took a week off & went to amsterdam & got completely stoned off my face (where cannabis use isn't illegal so therefore i was acting within the law in the country where i was getting stoned)
    just noticed this, made me giggle! how soon can you get a week off mate? i'm free anytime, and would love to join you n show u around!. would be interesting to see if we got done or not, and they couldn't do rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish about it. would be great!

"chuffing"

Thanks
    Punky - thats the point - they could.

you might not be breaking any UK laws , but you could be breaking terms of your employment.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

herbalist
    Thanks
    i don't see how you can be fired for doing something in your spare time that doesnt affect the company. as long as you work as hard as every1 else, who cares?!

"chuffing"

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Employers care, responsible people care, parents care... everyone cares except the drug users themselves because they see nothing wrong with it whilst they're doing it.

I know, I've been there...

P.S. I'm trying to keep things calm now, so this is not an aggresive reply.

Thanks
    It all depends on what you've signed in your contract. If you have signed a contract agreeing to random drug tests, thus implying that you are clean, and you fail a test then you are basically lying to your employer.

Not just targeting cannibus, some Us based companies ban staff from drinking in the 24 hours before work. If you are found with booze in your blodd stream , you are sacked.

you may be stone cold sober , but you are still breaking the terms of your employment.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information