12 42.86%
  • Conservatives

12 42.86%
  • Other (please say)

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Next General Election.

Thanks
    The problem with voting Lib Dem is that given our first-past-the-post constituency electoral system often a vote for them doesn't make a jot of difference - it'll usually be a two horse race between Labour and Conservative. However in some constituencies such as Oxford it's always been Lib Dems vs Tories and people don't vote Labour for the same reason.

Ravens Nest
    We all should vote for the liberal democrates, cant get any worth can it?? can it!

Or the raving loony party, there still about arent they

Ravens Nest
    With further support from our front bench\third leg and a little support from a few hula-hoop back benchers we will rid ourselves of wobble and also act as a tripod for our three tier plan to run this country into the ground, bolt by bolt nut by nut!.

herbalist
    Thanks
    i'd vote for the green party, purely because they don't talk complete BS and they'd do something about the state of the countryside and pollution. all the other parties don't care about this country apart from making money and passing the blame for their failures onto unsuspecting ethnic minorities and other scoial groups.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Yes but the green party is certainly not equipped to orgainse a barn dance let alone run a country.

Ive got 10/40w for blood... THCi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Lib Dems, as they support no tuition fees in Uni.

If they make a change, it will affect people as myself who are contemplating going to Uni. No tuition fees would swing me in the way of going to Uni, and the lib dems at the same time.

But as always, polatitions(sp?) talk too much politcs, and dont listen to the people they are running the country for! That, and the fact that all parties are middle of the road now, means that there isnt a much to choose for. Just the front man they put on the podium.

Thanks
    Zathras - am I being davastatingly stupid or isn't Oxford Green Party territory?

I'm not going to use my old friend google to see how thinck I really am being, and if necessary, delete my post before anyone sees it

Thanks
    Dude, delete the post

Local council is mainly a split of Greens, Labour and Lib Dems, but these are elected at the local elections (the ones noone cares about) and candidates often include students. The MP for Oxford West and Abingdon (including the university) is Evan Harris, Lib Dem Health Secretary. The MP for Oxford East (basically Cowley, Headington and out-of-city areas) is Andrew Smith, Labour, Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. Oxford East contains mainly working class and manufacturing sector constituents and is thus a Labour stronghold whereas Oxford West/Abingdon is almost as upper-middle-class as you come but with a highly educated constituent base so is therefore usually a Lib Dem safe seat.
    Last edited by Zathras; 05-08-2003 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Originally poste by THCi
    Lib Dems, as they support no tuition fees in Uni.
    The tories are also against tuition fees.

Thanks
    • walibe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8P67B Pro
      • CPU:
      • iMac 2017
      • Memory:
      • 16 Gig Corsair Vegence
      • Storage:
      • 10 T.B Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvida GTX 755M
      • Operating System:
      • Mavericks / Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27"
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    I am a tory boy but I must say this poll is not truely reflective of the general population (popularity ratings) which puts Concervatives in the lead, followed by Labour then very closely by Lib Dems.

I think people are getting fed up of Labour now, its worst than the previous tory government at times. Alot of people are looking back to the tories once again although I am somewhat skeptic as to if people will actually put their cross in the Tory box on the night. Don't write off the Lib Dems either, given another few parliments they could become the second major party but to be frank have no chance of winning the next general election.
    Laptop - Macbook Pro Retina 13" (Early 2015) i5/8GB/256GB
    Desktop 1 - iMac 27" (late 2012) i7/32GB/1TB Fusion Drive
    Desktop 2 - i7 2600K/32GB/1TB/GTX 760
    Server - HP DL160 G6 2 x Hex Core Xenon x5650/64GB/8TB
    NAS - ASUSTOR 604T ATOM Dual Core/3GB/16TB

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Kilrov
    The tories are also against tuition fees.
    LMAO! Are you serious? It's their fault that the universities are in such a dire mess in the first place!
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

You are feeling sleepy... acidrainy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    LMAO! Are you serious? It's their fault that the universities are in such a dire mess in the first place!
    Not to mention Health-care (NHS), Schools & other public sector related jobs/services etc :/

Still, taxes are getting higher again, think it may be time for a new government for one innings to get them down a tad

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by walibe
    I am a tory boy but I must say this poll is not truely reflective of the general population (popularity ratings) which puts Concervatives in the lead, followed by Labour then very closely by Lib Dems.

I think people are getting fed up of Labour now, its worst than the previous tory government at times. Alot of people are looking back to the tories once again although I am somewhat skeptic as to if people will actually put their cross in the Tory box on the night. Don't write off the Lib Dems either, given another few parliments they could become the second major party but to be frank have no chance of winning the next general election.

Typical Tory crap! The reason we have a general election is to find out this data. If we know anyway, why do we bother with an election?

The Tories always try to claim 'in opinion polls we are top, Labour are second by miles and no-one really gives a stuff about the other peasants who are trying to play government!'

Give us a break! The Tories have a lot of problems and a lot of their policies are rubbish campaigns to try and win power before bending this country over for another round of Tory anal fisting.

Thanks
    • walibe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8P67B Pro
      • CPU:
      • iMac 2017
      • Memory:
      • 16 Gig Corsair Vegence
      • Storage:
      • 10 T.B Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvida GTX 755M
      • Operating System:
      • Mavericks / Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27"
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    It wasn't the tories who introduced the tutition fees now was it? And yes, they are against the fees.
    Laptop - Macbook Pro Retina 13" (Early 2015) i5/8GB/256GB
    Desktop 1 - iMac 27" (late 2012) i7/32GB/1TB Fusion Drive
    Desktop 2 - i7 2600K/32GB/1TB/GTX 760
    Server - HP DL160 G6 2 x Hex Core Xenon x5650/64GB/8TB
    NAS - ASUSTOR 604T ATOM Dual Core/3GB/16TB

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by walibe
    It wasn't the tories who introduced the tutition fees now was it? And yes, they are against the fees.
    It WAS the tories that ripped the entire funding structure out of UK univesitities.

Do some research.

The tories stating that they are against fees is just them crying wolf, again. They are a defunct party voted for by a defunct part of the country. Hopefully they will curl up and die with the lack of grace that Thatcher has managed in the last few yeats.

Good riddance.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Tory tory tory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information