• Conservatives

12 42.86%
  • Other (please say)

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Next General Election.

Thanks

Question The Next General Election.

Well, I will be able to vote in the next general election and I personally dont mind saying who I would vote for (Conservatives), was just wondering who everyone else supports? (i know its meant to be confidential but what the heck)

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Lib Dem only cause they have a sensible policy for students which doesnt make my brother and sister pay back 10s of thousands of pounds by the time they leave uni.

Not because they are great or nuffin. I hate labour, i hate torys, i hate virtually every other political party. There's noone to vote for - all politicians are lying bastards that make "democracy" f'sard.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    If there was a 'none of the above' option, that's the one I'd take. The desire for power should automatically negate you from being in a position to gain that power. Too many people like that have their own agenda. I think Guy Fawkes had it right!

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    I'm sticking with Labour.

Thanks
    Would have to look at which constituency I was living in, and how the voting would go. If we had 10%-min PR like in Germany, I'd probably go LibDems at the moment, Labour if they stop the centre-right creep and return to their core social policies, but given the current system I'd vote whichever way to keep the Tories or BNP out

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    not really impressed with any of the main parties atm although one thing for sure is that i would never vote conservative since they were responsible for margaret thatcher who imho was the worst thing thats ever happened to this country...that evil witch ruined any semblance of "society" as we know it in this country & turned what was once a great nation into the franky quite embarrasing McCountry we live in today
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    Liberal Democrats for me, i'm sick of Labours BS and constant lack of commitment to pledges.

If the Conservatives were more left wing I would vote for them as they know how to run the country.

How about voting for the Queen?

You are feeling sleepy... acidrainy's Avatar
    Thanks
    are the torries not upping the speed limit to 80 and taking more than half the speed cams away if they get power?

Thanks
    The tories are planning on upping the speed limit on motorways, but reducing it on urban areas (near schools, old peoples homes etc). Haven't heard anything about getting rid of speed cams though...

Fox
    Thanks
    The Tories have indeed pledged to remove speed cameras from all areas bar schools etc

BMW 530i Sport | Ford Mondeo Ghia X RSAP

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Liberal Democrat. Increase taxation on high earners and spend it on hospitals and schools. Not hard, is it? They are the only party with a reasonable position on pretty much everything I feel strongly about; european integration, foreign policy, drugs, education and the welfare state.

They also "seem" to be a lot more frank, open and honest and lacking in spin. I'm not sure if this is because they play the media better than Labour or, er, I've forgotten the name of the other party, oh yeah the conservatives but I dont think it is.

How anyone can vote conservative, with their history of scandal and unashamed racism is beyond me.
    Last edited by DaBeeeenster; 25-07-2003 at 04:26 AM.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    While I'd like to see a Tory government in place, I can't see the Tories getting a majority with a leader like Iain Duncan Smith... He looks more like a middle-ranking civil servant than a political leader, never a prime minister.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    I support the Conservatives because I do not fully oppose privatisation, am strongly against the Euro, do not agree with tuition fees and feel that at the moment my families income tax is fair enough.

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by acidrainy
    are the torries not upping the speed limit to 80 and taking more than half the speed cams away if they get power?
    Cmon, that's Complete and Utter BS! you know as well as i do as soon as they got into power theyd "review" their comments and claim the safety of the people is better if it was left as it is blah blah blah. Theyll (and anyone else) say ANYTING to get into power.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Originally posted by luke313
    The tories are planning on upping the speed limit on motorways, but reducing it on urban areas (near schools, old peoples homes etc). Haven't heard anything about getting rid of speed cams though...
    apparently they will be getting rid of all of them except in accident blackspots- LYING SCUM ALL OF THEM

Thanks
    Everyone always says they will vote lib dem but on the day, it just nenver happens, if EDS wasent the leader of the cons i would vote for them, but i just think hes a bit of a rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishs (and you would have to get rid of the others like M.Protillo)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information