Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: New York's Gay School

Thanks
    Originally posted by Skii
    I'd throw him out the bloody window - yes he'd still be my son, and yes I'd love him just as much, but I'd be dissapointed - no doubt about it.
    lol said by someone with under their name

Thanks
    Originally posted by Skii
    So - if your son turned around to you one day and said he was gay - you wouldn't be shocked / suprised or dissapointed ?

Honestly ?

I'd throw him out the bloody window - yes he'd still be my son, and yes I'd love him just as much, but I'd be dissapointed - no doubt about it.
    Darn right, I'd be disappointed, but he'll continue to enjoy my support. It's no good to throw him out of the window/house/family. For me, I think it is more important to provide him the support that he needs - his world has just been turned upside down. (I hope he'd let me know early enough, so that I can help him.)
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    Originally posted by Slick
    lol said by someone with under their name
    Nowt wrong with the gaybar - good beer in fact

Thanks
    What the heck is going on here?! Ok, I'm against gay people adoption children and I'm against having a segregated education for gay children, but why am I being challenged on my morality?
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by spikegifted
    Likewise, if a friend of mine turn gay, he/she will continue to have my support - while I don't agree with his/her decision/action and they'll know about it. Whether they'd want to continue receiving my friendship, that's entirely up to him/her. May be they feel that I'm not in tune with their true feelings - so be it.
    That could very well be the attitude of your son or daughter. Do you think you can still legitimately state that you "are providing full support"? How can you provide someone with support when you have made it clear to them that you do think that what they are doing is "wrong"?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Darn right, I'd be disappointed, but he'll continue to enjoy my support. It's no good to throw him out of the window/house/family. For me, I think it is more important to provide him the support that he needs - his world has just been turned upside down. (I hope he'd let me know early enough, so that I can help him.)
    What do you mean when you say "let me know early enough, so that I can help him"? Can you expand on this?

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they need help! It's not like they are stuck on a crossword clue! They are simply attracted to people of the same sex, that's all.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    What the heck is going on here?! Ok, I'm against gay people adoption children and I'm against having a segregated education for gay children, but why am I being challenged on my morality?
    I'm challenging you because I dont agree with your morality. I think your position is hypocritical and to a certain extent bigotted.

You have made a number of statements that show your true colours IMHO. Stating that gay people need "help", for example, is quite telling.

Thanks
    My statement that: "I hope he'd let me know early enough, so that I can help him." should be taken as it stands in its literal meaning. Emotional support, have you heard of that? My support for my family and friends is paramount and likewise them to me. My personal opinion is however not clouded my emotional concerns. It is a my duty as parent or family member and friend to continue to provide love, friendship and support to those who need it - all they have to do is ask. I may not agree with their sexuality, but they're still my family and my friends - until they choose otherwise. Even so, family is still family. Don't underestimate my feelings for my family.

[EDIT] You don't know me and you don't know my history. I've supported friends and family in cases where I don't agree with their actions - I told them so. But when they come and ask for help on the matter, I've still provided my support - time, energy, money (when required and I could afford it). Don't underestimate my loyalty to my family and friends. [/EDIT]
    Last edited by spikegifted; 25-09-2003 at 03:58 PM.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Do you think that homosexuals need more support than heterosexuals?

Thanks
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    Do you think that homosexuals need more support than heterosexuals?
    No I do not.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    For me, I think it is more important to provide him the support that he needs - his world has just been turned upside down. (I hope he'd let me know early enough, so that I can help him.)
    "His world has just been turned upside down"? "Let me know early enough so that I can help him"?

Sounds like there are motives at work here other than support IMHO.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    You can pick and choose when you apply the 'bigot' or 'lack conviction' label when you like. I believes is based on my personal understanding of how nature works.

I was commenting on the fact that you mentioned that you understand how nature works. This implies that you think homosexuality is not natural. Therefore homosexuals must be freaks of nature. I wasn't accusing you of anything, i was commenting on your statement and opinion on this matter.

Thanks
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    "His world has just been turned upside down"? "Let me know early enough so that I can help him"?

Sounds like there are motives at work here other than support IMHO.
    You've gone over my statements over and over again to pick it at different angles. I'm not going to be drawn into this. I've stated my position on this and I believe it has been expressed in clear English. You may feel that my position is hypocritical, but I have my sense of family, friendship and duty; and I've my opinion on this subject.

I'm curious as to why you're so interested my reaction and position to this? Is it because you've no-one to talk to about this?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Big RICHARD
    I was commenting on the fact that you mentioned that you understand how nature works. This implies that you think homosexuality is not natural. Therefore homosexuals must be freaks of nature. I wasn't accusing you of anything, i was commenting on your statement and opinion on this matter.
    They are what they're. But at the same time, they're human beings. IMHO, nobody deserved to be treated as you've described it: "So these freaks of nature that are homsexuals should be taken into circuses for us all to laugh and marvel at?"

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    I'm curious as to why you're so interested my reaction and position to this? Is it because you've no-one to talk to about this?
    Can you explain this futher?

Thanks
    My believes and opinion is a product of my family, culture, education and social circle. As any other human being, I'm a complex mix of emotions and logic. I don't think I'm fitting into any of your stereotype or pigeon holes and I'm confusing you.

The fact that I'm against homosexuality, yet I have gay friends who I get on with on a social level and gay colleagues who I respect. The fact that I'm willing support people who are pursuing things that I don't believe in, yet I still provide the support I feel committed to. You've no right to question my motivation. I do things based on my sense of duty and justice - I'm willing ignore my personal believes and opinions to support those who need my support.

I'm against homosexuality and also against homosexuals gaining treatment that is different from heterosexuals. I am horrified by the social apparent acceptance of homosexuality. However, if my friends or family members are homosexual, they continue to have my support and friendship.

Take it whatever way you want.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information