Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New York's Gay School

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by spikegifted
    Ok, I'm assuming that you're right in this, but how about the sexual origination of their children? How about these kids' psychological states? Not every family is like that one Bird Cage.
    What about the sexual orientation of their children? Are you saying that there is something wrong with the concept that their children will grow up to be homosexual? You stated:
    Call me old fashion, but I don't think holding a view that human beings should be a heterosexual animal is bigoted. If you look at the rest of the animal kingdom, one which homo sapien belongs, there is a distinct lack of homosexual behavior. If homosexual practice is in fact the normal, we, the human race, would have survived as it does. And it precicely because homosexual don't get to have children that we, a race, survives. [/B]
    IMHO if you are making judgements about people based on something like their sexuality, then that is a bigoted position.

Homosexuality is, of course, not the norm. It is not, however, uncommon. That is the fact of the matter. Human beings have survived based on this situation. That is NOT to say that homosexuality is wrong.

You are making constant yet veiled references to how you feel about homosexuals. Why not just say what you feel?

Do you think homosexuality is wrong?
    What would you do if you had a son who then told you he was homosexual?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    What are you suggesting here?

My position on and opinion of people who're homosexual are the same as my general approach to people - I don't pass judgement on people until I know the people. While I don't agree with people who practice homosexual behavior, that doesn't mean I don't get on with them as people. I've a number of homosexual friends - they know my position regarding their sexuality, that hasn't stop them being friends with me either. As far as I'm concern, their sexuality has little to do with their personality.

Those homosexual who try to justify everything they do and everything that has happen to them based on the fact that they're gay do not get my sympathy nor attention.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    So what you are saying is that due to the fact that there are bigotted people in the UK, gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt?
    Basically Yes....It may not seem fair or politically correct but I think in all cases of adoption the interests of the child should come before all others and I think it would be selfish of anyone else to think otherwise.

Thanks
    I certainly think it is wrong. Since I'm not yet a father, I can only say this hypathetically... If my son tell me that he is a homosexual, I would not condone his decision/action/development. However, I would continue to provide all the support to him to make sure that I fulfil my duty as a parent - love, education, compassion, friendship, etc. Whether he can handle the fact that I don't approve of his behavior, that's entirely up to him. As a parent, you can't control everything. This is a free world and legally his hasn't done anything wrong.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    So the child grows up in a world where bigotted views control the concensus?

Thanks
    Just because you don't agree with my opinion, you cannot accuse me of being a bigot. You're entitle to your opinion, but I've my own principles and opinion. I'd prefer if you don't put such a label on me. I don't believe my arguments here support your argument either.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    I certainly think it is wrong. Since I'm not yet a father, I can only say this hypathetically... If my son tell me that he is a homosexual, I would not condone his decision/action/development. However, I would continue to provide all the support to him to make sure that I fulfil my duty as a parent - love, education, compassion, friendship, etc. Whether he can handle the fact that I don't approve of his behavior, that's entirely up to him. As a parent, you can't control everything. This is a free world and legally his hasn't done anything wrong.
    Do you think you would give your son the same freedoms (having a boyfriend/girlfirend stay over night for example) irrespective of their sexuality?

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Just because you don't agree with my opinion, you cannot accuse me of being a bigot. You're entitle to your opinion, but I've my own principles and opinion. I'd prefer if you don't put such a label on me. I don't believe my arguments here support your argument either.
    Sorry, I was replying to Slick's post. Should have hit quote, not just written a quick reply.

Thanks
    Do you think you would give your son the same freedoms (having a boyfriend/girlfirend stay over night for example) irrespective of their sexuality?
    That may be the case, but again, from a stand point of being a father, it would my duty to ensure that my children get the support they deserve. Having done nothing wrong legally, they will have all my support.

In term of conflicts on morality and principle - it is going to be difficult one - but that's something parents have to deal with. No-one says being a parent is going to be easy. I'm not the type that will openly embarass my friends and loved ones (that will include my children in the future). If they do things that are against my principles and judgements, they will know about it - through private conversation.

Thanks
    No....as I said social views are changing and when the views have been changed enough, gay people should be allowed to adopt. I just don't think children should be used as a tool to achieve this and put through the bullying, exclusion etc in the process. Do you think this would be fair on the child? In the end I think the child would grow up resenting his parents if this was introduced now and may even develop homophobic ideas of their own.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Slick
    Basically Yes....It may not seem fair or politically correct but I think in all cases of adoption the interests of the child should come before all others and I think it would be selfish of anyone else to think otherwise.

This is fair, but it is not justification for not allowing homosexual people to adopt. The child's needs should come first, but one of those needs is most certainly not specifically straight adoptive parents.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    That may be the case, but again, from a stand point of being a father, it would my duty to ensure that my children get the support they deserve. Having done nothing wrong legally, they will have all my support.

In term of conflicts on morality and principle - it is going to be difficult one - but that's something parents have to deal with. No-one says being a parent is going to be easy. I'm not the type that will openly embarass my friends and loved ones (that will include my children in the future). If they do things that are against my principles and judgements, they will know about it - through private conversation.
    I'm not sure you have answered the question. Would you give a homosexual son the same freedoms you give a heterosexual son? For example, if your heterosexual son was 18 and you allowed them to have their girlfriend stay overnight in his room, would you allow the same freedom to a homosexual son and his boyfriend?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Big RICHARD
    This is fair, but it is not justification for not allowing homosexual people to adopt. The child's needs should come first, but one of those needs is most certainly not specifically straight adoptive parents.
    I guess that's entirely dependent on your view of the child's potential psychological and social developments.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    I guess that's entirely dependent on your view of the child's potential psychological and social developments.

What, they might grow up thinking homosexuality is normal??????? My god! We can't have that!

Thanks
    Originally posted by Big RICHARD
    No, but that wasn't the point I was making, did you read my other posts? One of their needs is to be able to live a life without the fear of being bullied, excluded and to be made to feel different from all the other children. I've said allready, if this wasn't an issue I would have no problem with gay people adopting.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information