Thread: Why I'll never order from MicroDirect or use Amtrak again

Thanks

Why I'll never order from MicroDirect or use Amtrak again

I needed a replacement motherboard after my old one broke, and I needed it in a hurry. i have a dissertation, and multiple essays that need to be in in the next three weeks, and I need to get my work done.

I ordered an abit at8 from microdirect on monday and paid for next day delievry, but due to it being a bank holiday, it was sent out on tuesday. The board didn't arrive on wednesday and when i phoned Amtrak they said it was probably destroyed in a vehicle fire. I phoned microdirect up, and told them about this on thursday at 9am (I phoned wednesday night, but after being in their queue for 10 mins they cut me off). I was told by the customer support guy that they would check it out and phone me right back. I phoned back 4 hours later and after spending half an hour on the phone was told that nobody had checked anything, they contacted amtrak who confirmed to MD that my motherboard had been destroyed in a fire. MD then said that they would send another motherboard out with next day delivery.

Late that night after their customer service and amtraks offices had closed I recieved the email telling me that my replacement was being sent next day - to the wrong address. Instead of sending it to my house, the address my order was supposed to be sent to, the billing address, the delivery address, the address I have use on all my other orders except one - they sent it to an address i used once over a year ago, and even on that order it wasn't the billing address. I tried to phone themand amtrak but both were closed, but I sent md customer service emails. I contacted Amtrak at 7 the next morning, and was told that they could n't do anything until MD got in contact with them, and when i contacted MD at 9 (after more queues and disconnections) I told them of their error and was told that they would try and sort it out and call me back. Hours later i called again to check what had happened. Nothing, but I was told that the package would be stopped, and redirected. i asked when i would recieve it and told monday. I told them that this was too late as i needed to be back in uni before then. I suggested that it might be possible for them to have it sent to my local depot where i could pick it up, even if it wasn't delivered. They phoned amtrak,and told me that would be ok, and that i could collect the package the next morning. I phoned amtrak up toconfirm this, and they told me that the package had merely been redirected, but that it wouldn't be in the swansea hub until the monday. I the called MD back (another half hour queue) and told them that I would need the board by saturday at the latest.

This time the customer service representative told me she'd take a look at the situation and call me back - and actually did. However instead of helping, she just cancelled the order and said that monday would be the earliest. i then asked why they couldn'tsend another board out on saturday delivery, so that i could recieve it next day. She checked with her supervisors, and said that they could do that, but that i would have to pay extra for saturday delivery - after I had already paid to recieve the board days earlier! I was paying extra to get the board late! needing the board however, i had to pay the extra and had to give my card details. A package was dispatched, but has not arrived. i phoned up amtrak and they have said that they have lost the *priority* package!

Needless to say i am going to get my money back off MD, and would not consider dealing with them again when their custoomer service is so appalling,where they dont follow through on their promises, mislead you and seem to make it as difficult for you as possible to be a customer. And Amtrak should be appaled, whilst i can concede that the fire was a freak event, losing mail is unnaceptable when your paying so much extra for a priority service.

Microdirect and amtrak cannot even supply me with a motherboard after three attempts, needless to say I'm not going to be dealing with them again.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    vent your frustration here:
    http://trust.hexus.net/
    the forums arent really the place

Thanks
    Tbh if you needed something in a hurry you should have used scan, you would have had the board for around 3 days by now <3 Scan .
    Anyway sorry to hear about MD and Amtrak screwing you over, hope it all gets sorted. Also it may still get delivered today its only 1:54.. loads of time left for them to deliver :S
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    amtrak only deliver up until 12 on saturdays, and neither the sending or recieving hub know where it ended up.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre
    The biggest problem with Microdirect (and I am currently suffering from it) is that once you have had a product for 30 days, they will take 30 WORKING DAYS to send you a repair/replacement....or at least thats what they say......I am still waiting for a replacement for a &#163;422 purchase that they received back from me on 05/09/06

They don't have any customer service to speak of.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks
    The only reason I'll consider microdirect over scan is that they sell Geil Ultra sticks, and they sell them cheaper than overclockers too!

Thanks
    I have also had my fingers burned with MD. Now I live in Manchester, I don't mind using them but that's because I can collect. Their delivery & returns for shipped items is just horrendous. They really let themselves down
    "In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Thanks
    I just got my 4000+ today from MicroDirect and it came by City Link. Maybe I was lucky.

Thread Information