Thread: Memory Problems

Registered+
    Thanks

Memory Problems

I started this thread in the main discussion area, but I suspect it should more properly live here.

Had my machine delivered on Friday morning. I hadn't realised that an 800D is quite that big. Anyway, delivery chap connected it up, all seems to be fine. However, after I'd signed and he'd gone and I'd had a chance to play a bit more, I noticed that it's only recognising 8gb of the 12gb I have installed. I've tried reseating the RAM, but to no avail. I've also tried increasing the BCLK from 200 to 201, which also had no effect. I've noticed that sometimes it recognised 10Gb at startup, sometimes 8Gb. The system as a whole seems reasonably stable - there has been once incident of Windows not wanting to boot and another incident of random errors causing me to manually reboot (before reboot it was in a 10Gb mood, after the reboot it was in an 8Gb mood). The motherboard is a P6X58D-E, BIOS revision 0402 07/12/10.

Thanks

Re: Memory Problems

Hi,

I'm currently following up on the memory exchange Phil did for another user over the weekend that proved sucessful. This problem has come and gone in batchs over the last year and judging by the fact we had a few issues last week all with Asus X58 boards means we think it's a batch compatability issue.

If you could drop me your invoice number again as I deleated in the other thread for privacy but a power cut on Friday meant that my notepad I had open on my desktop got wiped before I saved it (maybe pen and paper isn't all that obsolete...).

When we establish which batch it is causing the issues we'll look at getting replacements out to you to resolve it. If you have the machine accessable and don't mind just lifting the side off, then the memory iteself has a version number "verx.x" listed next to the ram timings on the memory stick itself. If we can establish that it's of the same batch causing us issues with other customers it allows us to remove it from circulation and replace it with other memory that will hopefully resolve it for you.

Regards,
    Pete.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeteG@Scan View Post
    When we establish which batch it is causing the issues we'll look at getting replacements out to you to resolve it. If you have the machine accessable and don't mind just lifting the side off, then the memory iteself has a version number "verx.x" listed next to the ram timings on the memory stick itself. If we can establish that it's of the same batch causing us issues with other customers it allows us to remove it from circulation and replace it with other memory that will hopefully resolve it for you.
    The stick I can see says "Ver 7.1A 10324595".

Thanks

Hi,

Cheers, for the update. I'll look into the systems done and see if we can pinpoint more suitable memory to try for you.

Thread Information