• Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 37" Sony Bravia KDL-37W5500
      • Internet:
      • Orange 20Mb/s

Angry Where is my 3XS system??????

/rant on

On 20th September 2010 I ordered a 3XS system from scan costing just short of £1700 which i paid for immediately using my debit card.

I received confirmation of this order the following day and was informed by email that delivery time may be up to 14 days.

On 28th September I received another email stating my build reference and Invoice number which I could use on the system tracker utility, and was also informed the earliest my system could start getting assembled would be 6th October with a delivery date of 11th Oct. I was also informed that if the system would be delayed again I would be informed before the 11th Oct.

The system tracker progressed slowly and by the 10th Oct it was undergoing 24hour testing, it was still undergoing 24 hour testing on 12th October, 1 day after expected completion date and yet I had received no communication from Scan as to an explanation of the delay as they stated they would in their previous email.

I used the webform to contact scan that evening and again telephoned them the next day for some answers and to air my concerns.

On Thursday 14th October I received an email from the Quality Control department saying my system had passed all tests and was being handed over to the delivery team who will contact me to arrange a suitable time for delivery.

On the 15th I contacted Scan again after not hearing anything regarding arranging a delivery time of my system and was told that they would phone me back in 10 minutes... An hour passed and still no reply..

Checking my emails that afternoon I had another email confirming that the system was now in the hands of Netsolve and was given Paul Jones' phone number @ Netsolve.

On Monday 18th after not receiving any communication from Netsolve to arrange a suitable delivery time/date I phoned Paul Jones and asked what the situation was and he semed to have no idea that Netsolve even had my system. He said he would check with the delivery drivers and get back to me..

Paul did not get back to me. I telephoned him again at 4.55PM and he assured me that my system would be delivered on Wednesday 20th.. he could not specify a time for delivery but assured me it would arrive. Since I live in Gloucester and the system was being delivered from Bolton I made the assumption it would not be an early morning delivery so I could manage with just taking a half day off work.

I had managed to arrange the afternoon off work on the wednesday 20th and phoned Paul again on the tuesday afternoon and left a message to get his driver to phone me when he was approximately 90 minutes away from my home in case I was still at work, this was just as a precaution because it takes me nearly an hour to drive from my place of work to my home address.

At 1.30pm when I left work I phoned Paul Jones to make sure I hadnt missed a call and to make sure delivery was still going to take place and he seemed a little confused that I hadnt already been contacted by his driver.. He said he would get hold of the driver and find out what was happening and let me know...

At 3.30pm Paul still hadnt got back to me so I try his number again a few times and just get thru to voice mail. So I now ring scan support and after a lengthy complaint I was appeased with the news that Sanjeet (sorry if that is spelled wrong) would check what was happening with net solve and contact me within the hour.

For the first time the information I was given was accurate. Sanj did contact me within the hour at 4.15pm and told me the driver had been delayed and had 2 more drops to do before mine. He assured me the delivery would take place today and that the drivers would work past 5pm to ensure delivery of the orders.....

The time is now 10.26pm and my system is not here... Netsolve have not contacted me. I have received no other phone calls, nor any emails regarding the location of my system.

I have taken a half day off work at my expense. I have sat in all afternoon, evening and night waiting for a delivery or some kind of information regarding my system.

If I could cancel the system and get all my money back now I would.. but I doubt that is possible.. and if it was I'd now expect the cheque to get lost in the post....

I have been buying PC parts and systems from Scan for over 10 years and had come to think of them as reliable and professional. This experience has seriously tarnished my opinion now to the point that I doubt I will ever use Scan again.

Scan's on hold messages claim things like:

Scan prides itself with high levels of customer communication and feedback.
    Scan gives accurate delivery times so customers dont need to take un-necessary time off work waiting for couriers..

My experience of scan this time has been one of epic disappointment.

The art of good business is keeping the customer happy.. I have been lied to and misled through every stage of this transaction.. If you are at least honest with people and follow up your claims to make deliveries or contact people when you say then delays would be more acceptable and I for one would not be as angry as i am at the moment... however no one seems to want to take any kind of responsibility for these failings or even worse actually make an applogy... the system build delay was because you were so busy. then there was a delay because a few components were out of stock, yet they were all in stock when i placed my oreder. Then there is the delay in the transition between QC and dispatch which I dont understand. If netsolve is Scan's inhouse delivery team then why is there such a lack of communication between these two departments.

/rant off

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Re: Where is my 3XS system??????

Hi Adam

I am sorry to hear that the system has not arrived, I will personally look into this tomorrow morning for you first thing as the engineer did inform us that the system would be delivered today

Sanjay informed me that the engineer had unfortunately been delayed but we were told that he would still be able to get the system to you today

Please accept our appologies for this issue and I will call you and confirm the eta for the system tomorrow morning and if necessary arrange to have it delivered to an alternate address if that is more convenient to you

Regards

Ben

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Re: Where is my 3XS system??????

Hi Adam

I have chased this up for you today and this will be delivered to your works address today

Please let me know if you need anything else

Regards

Ben

Thread Information