Thread: RMA query

Thanks

RMA query

I've just been spoken to by one of the rudest people in the world masquerading as customer service at Scan. Even before this I have recently gained the impression that standards are slipping. I have been a customer for years and happily added to the good reputation of this company. No more.

The gist of his bombast was that as I did not specify the exact fault to motherboard within 48hrs, the subsequently discovered fault was my responsibility. In fact I reported the motherboard as faulty to Tech Support within 2 hours of receiving it, I told them it failed to recognise the full quota of memory.
    They told me to RMA it along with the CPU.

My RMA was rejected, no fault found, because the fault found was two very slightly bent pins on the cpu socket. Well I didn't know that was the fault, only that it didn't work as described for some reason. I didn't even have the board in my possession for 48 hours.

If you have to RMA a motherboard, you might be tempted to suggest the possibility of it having arrived with bent cpu socket pins just in case. I couldn't possibly recommend such a mischievous course of action, though. It would avoid a brush with a personality more suited to club bouncer than customer service staff at least.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: RMA query

I can confirm the warranty was voided as part of the initial visual inspection, this was then passed to the senior technician whom upon examining the board realised the 2 bent pins were so slight that it could easilly and immediately be repaired, which is excatly what we did, we then tested the board and confirmed it was working correctly and arranged to return everything to yourself free of charge.

Whilst the warranty does not cover you against this situation the Scansure policy you took out does, however, as stated above it was not needed as the damage was so slight, so the items are on their way back to you and you are still fully covered under the Scansure policy.

Returns Manager
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 09-03-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks

You can confirm what you like to your own satisfaction.
    That won't alter the rudeness I was treated to.

I note this on your FAQ for scansure :Scansure is an insurance policy provided by Lloyds' of London. For an extremely small charge, if you damage or break goods during installation Scan will replace them.

It says replace, not repair.

Since you confirm that the warranty was voided due to your unchallengeable opinion that i damaged the board, don't you owe me a new one?
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 09-03-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

You can by all means have a new one if you wish, this will end your Scansure cover, you currently have a fully working item with the full insurance cover and the warranty is not voided, as i stated this was overruled by the senior technician.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 09-03-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks

I'm really irritated by the rudeness and nonsense that has come my way. So let's end it.

Your phone rep was very,very insistent that I was responsible for the problem on the board and not covered by warranty. In that case I must be covered by scansure, so let's bin the bent pinned reject and send me a shiny new motherboard along with my returned memory and cpu.

Once all items are received and confirmed in good condition and working, we can sadly call time on a relationship that a quick calculation has seen over 5000GBP head Scans way. Congratulations, well worth the satisfaction of being rude to your customers i'm sure.

Registered+
    Thanks

pje97

No worries I will arrange for the board to be exchanged under your scansure policy with a new one and the other items to be returned also.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 10-03-2010 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks

For the sake of balance, the replacement and non-faulty parts were received in good time and worked perfectly.

Luckily I didn't drop a spinning angle driver into the cpu socket and then keep quiet about it this time, apparently.

Thank you

Thread Information