Thread: RMA Status Update

Thanks

Unhappy RMA Status Update

Hi Guys,

I would like an update on my RMA status. It has been over 2 weeks since i returned my GPU to SCAN, where it was found faulty. The details of my RMA are below:

RMA Number: 267073
    Item: 1GB XFX HD5870
    Item Received, Tested and found faulty on 09/05/2012 by Lee.
    Current status (last updated on 09/05/2012): Awaiting Replacement/Credit and Awaiting XFX Results

Please could you let me know how the testing or replacement process is going? I cant use my PC at home during this time as i dont have a spare GPU handy

Thanks
    Shankar

Thanks

Re: RMA Status Update

Bump

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. I have chased this for you with our returns department however I am unlikely to receive a reply now before Monday AM. I have left a message for my colleague who is working tomorrow to update you if we have a response before then.

Regards

Thanks

Hi Guys

I have been left very disappointed by the RMA service received from this award winning retailer.

As I mentioned in the first post, the card was received on 9th May and found to be faulty. For the next 19 days there was no communication before I was offered a refund of £75 for the card. I thought this was really low especially since the card cost over £250 new and the nearest GPU (AMD HD6870) comes up to £118 from SCAN.

Fast forward another 7 days and I receive an e-mail stating that the card is no longer faulty??!

It's been nearly a month since I could actually use my PC (ordered from SCAN...). The main reason I order my components from SCAN is that I felt that the SCAN RMA system (theoretically) should offer me some peace-of-mind. Now it seems that it was not the case...

EDIT (04/06)

I have received some more information regarding my RMA. Apparently, the delay was caused by the GPU getting sent back to XFX for testing. The SCAN technician automatically sets the status to faulty before shipping the card to XFX who then tests it. This is why there was a few weeks delay in the RMA turnaround. I was unaware of this, so please accept my apologies for my rant regarding delays in my earlier posts.

I would be very grateful if SCAN could also test my card for any faults. All you would need to do is load up any recent game (e.g. BF3) on medium/high settings and leave the game running for 10-15 minutes. The card should stop responding and freeze during this time, resulting in a BSOD. Let me know if this is possible.
    Last edited by Prozone; 04-06-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: More information received

Thanks

Blue screens and freezing are quite usually the fault of poor airflow or cooling. If/when you get the card back I would investigate your machines airflow and the cards temperatures whilst running.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwar View Post
    Blue screens and freezing are quite usually the fault of poor airflow or cooling. If/when you get the card back I would investigate your machines airflow and the cards temperatures whilst running.
    Thanks for the advice. I have tested this and a whole lot of other suggestions direct from XFX before sending the card back to SCAN on a RMA. These include:

1. Clean re-install of AMD drivers (latest and older versions)
    2. Clean re-install of windows and AMD drivers
    3. Updated motherboard BIOS
    3. Checked GPU temperatures under stress (all 75 degrees celcius) and cleaned fans
    4. Tried a seperate monitor
    5. Changed RAM modules

Perhaps most interestingly, when i replaced my GPU with my brother's GPU (a AMD HD5570) my PC had no trouble at all.
    However, when I placed my GPU in my brother's system, he started having the same issues I did.

This is why XFX originally asked me to RMA the card, and this is why I am suprised that they returned the product with no faults found...

Thread Information