Thread: Second faulty motherboard, no reponse.

Thanks

Second faulty motherboard, no reponse.

This is the second motherboard I have had from scan that doesn't work. The first RMA (367144) to replace an MSI gaming motherboard that posted the 00 error only to be replaced with another one that does the exact same thing. I've had to go to the trouble of once again having all my components checked by a third party to establish that it is indeed the motherboard, only to email twice and be ignored twice. Almost identical situation to a user stuffx who posted on 16.03.15 and who's post I'm not allowed to link to.

He managed to get as refund, I'd be perfectly happy with a working board and not being ignored.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 12-08-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Second faulty motherboard, no reponse.

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response and I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the replacement motherboard.

I can see that you collected a replacement motherboard for the original one from our store on the 13/06/15 (it should be noted that the original board returned had damage to the CPU socket in the form of bent pins and had to be returned to our supplier for a chargeable repair) this was now over a month ago. Did the replacement provided work ok initially? or was it not working immediately? if the latter can I ask why it has taken almost a month to contact us regarding this problem?

I would suggest returning any of the main system components supplied by SCAN to our store so that we can test all of the components individually and together in order to get the bottom of this problem as it is highly unusual to have 2 faulty motherboards in such short succession. Also please carefully inspect the CPU socket to ensure that none of the pins in the CPU socket have been bent.

Regards
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 18-07-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks

The replacement wasn't working initially, the system didn't boot at all and the 3 weeks between contacting you and receiving the board was due to me having to get the other components (RAM, CPU, graphics cards, power supply) all tested by third party hardware which took some time. There was also a family member having some serious medical problems for which I had to take time off work to help them with, basically I was quite busy and I'm sure you can appreciate the board was not my main concern until said problems were rectified.

Once that happened I tried to get in contact and nobody got back to me. I have also been in contact with MSI who I informed of the original RMA, they said that the 00 error code is indeed not related to CPU initialization (Or indeed RAM, power or indeed any error code listed in the board's manual) and so the error would/should not be related to other components. I'm obviously happy to bring them in but from what I've been told by the shop that tested them they are all working fine when placed on another board/system.

As far as it being unlikely to have two faulty boards it is, but I've found multiple examples online of the same error, including someone on this forum that had the same problem, with the same board, twice in a row after getting it RMAed by you. I'm not allowed to post the URL due to not posting enough yet though.

How much would it cost to RMA? I can some photos of the board tomorrow as I have a day off.
    Last edited by Riccallo; 20-07-2015 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Clarification, further question, typo

Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi,

If the board is returned to the store, no damage is present and a fault is confirmed there is no cost.

A fee is only applicable in cases where damage is found and the board would need to be returned through the supply chain for repair.

Regards

Thanks

I've just checked the board. Can't see any damage, CPU socket looks absolutely fine. Only problem is I can't find the anti static bag for the board, I have the box and manual, will that be a problem? Do you want pictures or should I just bring it in and if you guys find damage then I pay?

Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi

Don't worry about the bag, please just return it to the store at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Thanks

Alright, I will bring it back tomorrow, assuming I get out of work in time. Failing that it will be early next week. Thanks.

Thread Information