Thread: Scan absolutely abusing the RMA due to lack of staff and high volume of return ?????

Thanks

Thumbs down Scan absolutely abusing the RMA due to lack of staff and high volume of return ?????

I have ordered some new items from scan received on 20th novemeber
    1. amd 2990wx 32 core 64 thread cpu
    2. msi meg creation x399 mobo
    3. corsair vengeance 16gb x 8 128gb

and i also ordered gpu , m2 ssd and noctua tr4 cpu cooler recieved on 23rd of novmeber
    1. 1tb m2 nvme ssd...
    2. rtx 2080ti.
    3. noctua tr4 cpu cooler.

apparently the system wont boot windows or bios
    the motherboard gets stuck on d ram error.. i tried re populating ram one by one and it only runs windows 10 and bios with 2 ram stick............which is 32 gb . i tried one by one than there is problem with left hand side of cpu ram socket dimm A1 and dimm A2 is where if ram is populated the pc wont boot windows or get into bios . i still can use 96gb of ram on pc excluding those two slots dimma 1 and dimma 2 but with warning stating you have ram on wrong slot please remove......than i removed all ram
    after trying different bios no help ,, it was time for RMA As the motherboard was on dram error it wont get through that led.... i thought it was motherboard issue and sent back my motherboard and ram back just in case ..... they recieved

after a week they said motherboard and ram is fine with no fault and asked them if they can send me some proof picture or video . the guy said they will send over my email....a week passed by no images...i called them again and i asked them if they will send my mobo and ram i will retry again. ... and i explained its not working on my side... and the guy names alex mention it could be due to the cpu which controls the ram and memory channel... than i asked if i could send the cpu back and retest that for me with all my components together....
    next day pick up was organized super amazing delivery no complain there. sent cpu on thursday 6th dec they received friday 7th dec . i called them back on monday if they happen to test the cpu .....the guy named alex told me they have received the item but its not on test . then i asked them when will be the test he said he will make sure the cpu will be put on test tomorrow as they are understaff and black friday and lots of return items... no wonder why the items are returned.....

next day i called again to see if the cpu was tested . it was different guy name matt.... to my surprise he was not aware if my cpu was supposed to be on test... and the system was not even updated that they have received my cpu and no notes or reminder was given there such a disaster complete lack of communication... and he apologized and updated the system and he confirmed the cpu will be on test definately tomorrow thats what he said.

i called today and guy name mattheus picked up the phone explained what happened .and gave my RMA number...he said its no on test yet due to high volume of RETURN . and black friday and they are understaff.....
    and i asked him but my cpu were suppose to be on test 2 days ago..... now he gives a simple gesture without a regret that . guy named . ALEX and MATT are new trainee . and they made a mistake... he could not tell me how long they gonna take..... as i clearly see they dont care in the first place . and excuses after excuses..... i feel utterly disappointed that i chose scan for my pc parts spending almost £5000 ..... i would highly recommend people to think twice before buying from scan.. i am emotionally not feeling for scan if any given opportunity i would return everything and get refund but they put everything on hold and intentionally took my refund period with hold and pending......

I am still waiitng for my parts to be tested.. at this time i completely dont like scan at all.. and i will try to speak every person i know in my best ability to warn them and avoid scan strongly..... once i items are tested and recieved i will never return back to this company .. never

despite spending . almost £5000 on pc components
    i kind of feel disappointed with the speedy resolution ... i will never ever use scan such a rip off in delivering service....now the refund period is over they don't give a penny about it....
    i would suggest rather somewhere else... overclockers.co.uk seems offering great pc parts but i have never used.. i will use them for my 2nd workstation in about month or so we are expanding very small business

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Re: Scan absolutely abusing the RMA due to lack of staff and high volume of return ?

Quote Originally Posted by waxfish View Post
    I have ordered some new items from scan received on 20th novemeber
    1. amd 2990wx 32 core 64 thread cpu
    2. msi meg creation x399 mobo
    3. corsair vengeance 16gb x 8 128gb

and i also ordered gpu , m2 ssd and noctua tr4 cpu cooler recieved on 23rd of novmeber
    1. 1tb m2 nvme ssd...
    2. rtx 2080ti.
    3. noctua tr4 cpu cooler.

apparently the system wont boot windows or bios
    the motherboard gets stuck on d ram error.. i tried re populating ram one by one and it only runs windows 10 and bios with 2 ram stick............which is 32 gb . i tried one by one than there is problem with left hand side of cpu ram socket dimm A1 and dimm A2 is where if ram is populated the pc wont boot windows or get into bios . i still can use 96gb of ram on pc excluding those two slots dimma 1 and dimma 2 but with warning stating you have ram on wrong slot please remove......than i removed all ram
    after trying different bios no help ,, it was time for RMA As the motherboard was on dram error it wont get through that led.... i thought it was motherboard issue and sent back my motherboard and ram back just in case ..... they recieved

after a week they said motherboard and ram is fine with no fault and asked them if they can send me some proof picture or video . the guy said they will send over my email....a week passed by no images...i called them again and i asked them if they will send my mobo and ram i will retry again. ... and i explained its not working on my side... and the guy names alex mention it could be due to the cpu which controls the ram and memory channel... than i asked if i could send the cpu back and retest that for me with all my components together....
    next day pick up was organized super amazing delivery no complain there. sent cpu on thursday 6th dec they received friday 7th dec . i called them back on monday if they happen to test the cpu .....the guy named alex told me they have received the item but its not on test . then i asked them when will be the test he said he will make sure the cpu will be put on test tomorrow as they are understaff and black friday and lots of return items... no wonder why the items are returned.....

next day i called again to see if the cpu was tested . it was different guy name matt.... to my surprise he was not aware if my cpu was supposed to be on test... and the system was not even updated that they have received my cpu and no notes or reminder was given there such a disaster complete lack of communication... and he apologized and updated the system and he confirmed the cpu will be on test definately tomorrow thats what he said.

i called today and guy name mattheus picked up the phone explained what happened .and gave my RMA number...he said its no on test yet due to high volume of RETURN . and black friday and they are understaff.....
    and i asked him but my cpu were suppose to be on test 2 days ago..... now he gives a simple gesture without a regret that . guy named . ALEX and MATT are new trainee . and they made a mistake... he could not tell me how long they gonna take..... as i clearly see they dont care in the first place . and excuses after excuses..... i feel utterly disappointed that i chose scan for my pc parts spending almost £5000 ..... i would highly recommend people to think twice before buying from scan.. i am emotionally not feeling for scan if any given opportunity i would return everything and get refund but they put everything on hold and intentionally took my refund period with hold and pending......

I am still waiitng for my parts to be tested.. at this time i completely dont like scan at all.. and i will try to speak every person i know in my best ability to warn them and avoid scan strongly..... once i items are tested and recieved i will never return back to this company .. never

despite spending . almost £5000 on pc components
    i kind of feel disappointed with the speedy resolution ... i will never ever use scan such a rip off in delivering service....now the refund period is over they don't give a penny about it....
    i would suggest rather somewhere else... overclockers.co.uk seems offering great pc parts but i have never used.. i will use them for my 2nd workstation in about month or so we are expanding very small business
    £5k? Sounds a lot even for high end. But then prices are crazy these days.

Which Corsair RAM set is it exactly? Have you checked it against the approved list here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...support-mem-17
    and was it a single set of RAM or compiled from individual unmatched sticks?

NB to check the CPU spec as well as the mobo. I have had this problem on a board recently where despite the mobo supporting the volume of RAM the CPU memory controller just wouldn't play nicely. I nearly returned the RAM but swapped in a different CPU (higher tier) and it turned out all was fine with the same RAM combo and same mobo. The lower tier CPUs just were a bit more hamstrung and kept falling over on boot cycle. (not that yours is lower tier)

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Scan absolutely abusing the RMA due to lack of staff and high volume of return ?

Hexus admin note: This forum is really for Scan staff to answer, rather than general community members, although I appreciate and understand the desire to help a fellow member. However Scan will have the details of the return, test results and transactions, to which we have no access.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hexus admin note: This forum is really for Scan staff to answer, rather than general community members, although I appreciate and understand the desire to help a fellow member. However Scan will have the details of the return, test results and transactions, to which we have no access.
    Sry my bad.

5. Received thanks from:

g8ina (13-12-2018)

Thanks

We are sorry to read that you have been experiencing issues with your returned items. I can confirm that your CPU has been tested this morning as faulty. We have raised a replacement to be shipped with your motherboard and memory.

Your feedback has been escalated to the returns manager to liaise with the team directly.

Please check your emails for further updates.

7. Received thanks from:

Thread Information