Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EVGA 680i revision.

Thanks
    Strange... my new query has the same number as the old one. Maybe it picked that up from the message (I pasted the old number in).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Rusty View Post
    They've been pretty good at replying to me recently but that's when I have been adding more items to the order. I'm going to cancel the motherboard now as I've managed to source one from elsewhere.
    Have you found somewhere with the new ones in stock, if so mind sharing as I may as well just reject my current one back to scan as they missold it to me. Then I can get the correct model elsewhere...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    Have you found somewhere with the new ones in stock, if so mind sharing as I may as well just reject my current one back to scan as they missold it to me. Then I can get the correct model elsewhere...
    PMed you.

Thanks
    Ok, spoken to them and they definitely don't have the A revision with all the backing plates etc in stock, so the description is wrong. They are taking back my mobo and refunding, so can't complain too much despite the hassle involved.

Thanks
    CAn i change mine ?

I also have the first revision?

Thanks
    If you want to change to the new revision you have to register your board with EVGA and RMA to them.

Anyway, back to my saga. Scan picked up my mobo today, and the replacement from ocuk arrived. Except its just the same as the scan one, with none of the extra panels + cables. Well it isn't just the same, its more expensive. So I rang ocuk to ask why I'd been sent this having confirmed on the phone before ordering what mobo they'd send. The chap in sales was fine about it but said I'd have to send it back via support. So I spoke to support, and dealt with the laziest most unhelpful support person who said fine they'd RMA it, but they wouldn't refund my original postage. This experience has really highlighted the difference in customer support from scan vs ocuk. Not only are scan cheaper, they are 100 times better at dealing with customers. They refunded some postage because I'd paid for sat delivery and had the wrong mobo, and alternatively they offered me 15 quid off just to keep the mobo. Of course I wanted the panels so didn't accept that offer. How stupid do I feel now having paid extra in the first place to ocuk and lost the 15 quid discount. Additionally I've enriched a terrible company with my custom.

Lesson learnt anyway. Stick with scan.

(p.s. this is all bizarre because I remember when OCUK was an enthusiasts company selling tested OC'd cpus and scan was just a heartless box shifter. Now it seems like OCUK are the heartless box shifters)

Thanks
    i thought you could only rma the board if you had a quad cpu and then you had to provide some sort of proof to evga to proove this in order to get the newest revision?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grimpy View Post
    i thought you could only rma the board if you had a quad cpu and then you had to provide some sort of proof to evga to proove this in order to get the newest revision?
    I don't think so as the new board also fixes the fact that the Ps/2 ports and ATA floppy drive don't work on the 'R' revision boards. What they want is proof of purchase of the board I believe.

Failing that just say you want your ps2 keyboard to work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    So I rang ocuk to ask why I'd been sent this having confirmed on the phone before ordering what mobo they'd send. The chap in sales was fine about it but said I'd have to send it back via support. So I spoke to support, and dealt with the laziest most unhelpful support person who said fine they'd RMA it, but they wouldn't refund my original postage. This experience has really highlighted the difference in customer support from scan vs ocuk. Not only are scan cheaper, they are 100 times better at dealing with customers.
    Did you speak to Andy by any chance? Last time I called he tried to argue with me over my choice of motherboard when I returned one I bought that I wanted replaced, he was extremely rude. God forbid if he ever tried that face to face, i'd make him wish he'd never born. The guy was simply appalling... really cheesed me off.
    ASUS ROG G751 w. 980M

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richdog View Post
    Did you speak to Andy by any chance? Last time I called he tried to argue with me over my choice of motherboard when I returned one I bought that I wanted replaced, he was extremely rude. God forbid if he ever tried that face to face, i'd make him wish he'd never born. The guy was simply appalling... really cheesed me off.
    No, Matt, although I'm awaiting a call from his manager who is probably Andy lol...

Meanwhile I've emailed EVGA and I got 3 replies from separate people all very helpful explaining to which companies they sent which versions of the motherboard. Unfortunately all of them, scan included, don't seem to have grasped that we are talking about two different versions. The UK rep has said he would sort it out though and apologised. However this still leaves me short of my cables and their best suggestion is to order from ebuyer. Thing is, ebuyer think they only have the 'A' type too, and I know from eVGA that this isn't the case, so I'm still stuck.

Meanwhile, I've got a stack of components I paid extra for saturday delivery on gathering dusts, I've taken a day off work to get this delivery/RMA back to scan, I just had to buy a USB keyboard because the PS2 port doesn't work on the nvidia reference mobos and I'm no closer to getting this sorted. By the time it is sorted I suspect my 8800 GTX will be as much use as my Stealth64 gfx card is now.

Additionally I wish I'd kept the scan board as overclockers don't deserve my custom and scan do. I'd also be 25 quid better off.

I'd just like to add how brilliant eVGA have been on this. They respond promptly to emails and are doing their best to help. Top notch company stuffed by a very crappy chipset from NV.
    Last edited by DanH; 03-04-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Thread Information