Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warranty issue or not??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM
    Wesley off ill - have forwarded query to a member of the returns team for you.
    The above was a PM from Scan. Now I know this was only yesterday, but can people not see why this is annoying me. I have still had no contact from the people who were forwarded the query. Bearing in mind its now wednesday and it will be thursday at the earliest if I get a response from Scan - and I was told Monday at the latest. How long do i wait...How long is a piece of string i hear you say. I accept wesley is off sick, and agree as stated before that i am not the only customer, BUT I paid to use the item I brought and had to return, not wait around for Scan to get back to me when they can find the time. I would like to know about the progress of my RMA. Is that really too much to ask. If it is then i must be in a minority who thinks that this isnt great customer service.

Thanks
    So the bank holiday came and went and i rang Scan to be told there was no update and there was nothing in my notes. No mention of the two letters i sent and so they will contact the warranty dept to advise me of whats going on and will email me once they have an update. So much for Wesley and David's help, which was no help at all. I am still none the wiser and still waiting for a resolution. The item has been away for testing now for over a month. I am starting to look at the possibility of my credit card refunding me the portion of the bill relating to the media centre, but I dont know if they will do that. I still believe under the sale of goods act that this may be an avenue for me.
    As far as Scan go - i am less than happy. I await your cries of "you are not their only customer" and "give them a chance - its only been two months".
    Well 2 months is too long for me
    Rich

OC Junkie!
    Thanks
    • Wiczy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M6H 1203
      • CPU:
      • 4770k @ 4.5
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo Pro 128 + MX100 256 + C300 64 + Assorted Mechanical Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 290X OC WF
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W XXX Pro
      • Case:
      • old noname
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Q2770 PQU + LG WG2353V
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 80/20
    I would agree wholeheartedly that 2 months ( 1 month would be bad enough ) is an insane amount of time to have to wait, no matter how many customers they have.

I don't see how anybody can find otherwise; I think you are showing remarkable composure under the circumstances

Registered+
    Thanks
    Groomoid,

Please accept my apologies for the delay, firstly i was not off ill, i took some time off on Paternity leave and then extended this with some annual leave, however, I am back now and apologise for the fact noone else has looked after this in my absence.

I have today spoken to the manufacturers and they confirm they have replaced the circuit board for you and all is now well. They are returning the unit to us today and this should be with us tomorrow. I will keep track of this for you and will arrange for the item to be processed immediately as we receive it.

Wesley

Thanks
    Wesley - I have sent you a PM ref the above. Thank you for your help
    Rich

Thread Information