Thread: Scan's service and dispatch, not what it once was

Thanks

Scan's service and dispatch, not what it once was

I'm not usually one to complain but the quality of service I have received from Scan during my current order has been very unsatisfactory.

The first issue I had was the long dispatch times on the initial order, the order was placed on the 15th and then dispatched on the 17th. Not a major inconvenience but it is annoying especially considering how good it used to be.

My order was for a C2D CPU, an Asus P5B Premium, a Raptor and some DVD drives. Having installed the motherboard and CPU I powered it up and nothing happened. The fans spun up but there was no picture on screen. I troubleshooted this problem to the best of my ability and substituted any components I could (Such as the graphics card and the hard drive). I also connected up the minimum possible to the motherboard and the problem still persisted.

I then contacted Scan on the 21st and they suggested I RMA the motherboard and CPU. These items were then collected on the 22nd.

This is where I started to get annoyed. The RMA tracking page on Scan's website did not update at all. On Thursday I rang Scan to see what was happening and they explained that it had not yet been entered into the system and it would be processed on Friday. On Friday there was no change to the tracking page.

By Tuesday I was getting very irritated as it was two weeks since I initially placed to order and the return had still not been resolved. I rang Scan up and then the person who answered immediately hung up. Nevertheless I rang up again only to be told the items had been tested and no fault was found. For this I would be charged £30. Having had to wait a week with no active communication and then being charged £30 is very annoying. In addition to this in Scan's Terms and Conditions it states:

"Insofar as it may be established that there was no defect in the goods at the point of delivery to you, we reserve the right to charge you £10 as a contribution towards the cost of inspecting and testing the goods"

To top this all off I received an email today telling me that the estimated delivery date for my RMA goods was the 4th of June. Almost three weeks after the initial order was placed.

This service by Scan has surprised me as my previous experiences with Scan have always been exceptionally good. However it appears that the "UK's most customer focussed retailer of PC technology" have dropped the ball.

Thanks
    xolotl

The estimated dispatch dates have been discussed numerous times along with the sticky we have created.

Regarding your Returns issue I will inform the Returns Manager to get this resolved for you ASAP

Best Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    Can you please PM me your RMA number, however, without even being able to investigate the details looking at your post, the earliest we could have physically received your item when it joined the testing queue would have been Wednesday the 23rd (City Link usually deliver around 3pm) and with it being a Bank Holiday would have only been in the queue no more than 2 full working days, before Tuesday.

Also in relation to the charge and your quote from Terms & Conditions, the quote is correct in that if we find no fault with the item a £10 charge in relation to the testing of the item is correct, however, there is also a re-delivery fee to pay and in the case were we collected by our courier a collection fee also.

However, as I say if you PM me your RMA number I will look into this.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 30-05-2007 at 01:10 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Having investigated this I can confirm that everything i have mentioned is correct, it was here in the test queue for 2 working days before being tested and confirmed Not Faulty, the charge which I note you have already paid is made up of:

1) Collection Fee
    2) Service Charge/Testing Fee
    3) Re-Delivery Fee.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    can I just point out that is possible for people to accidentally drop the phone while answering. I've done it numerous times, in a busy environment, leaning for a phone, typing with phone under chin etc.

And if it's a headset system, the pick up key can be jabbed too hard.

JUst so everyone who reads this knows that human error with the sheer scale of Scan's telesales operation is gonna pop up. Obviously, Scan will hunt down any humans, string the person up to the nearest tree and whip them with SATA leads, but as I have recently purchased most of the SATA leads from them, EDIE ribbon cables will be used. However, as it IS possible for things to go wrong occassionally, I'd ask for people not to be too stressed about having to ring back.

Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    I have a long IDE cable on my desk exactly for this purpose

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    ....I use SCSI cables myself....classier, better designed and up to 16 terminals

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thread Information