Thread: Scan fails to even build let alone deliver...

Registered+
    Thanks

Scan fails to even build let alone deliver...

Well the PC I ordered on 28th June and Scan were supposed to build and ship by the 20th (today) is not even close....when I last managed to get a response (and please note, had I not tried to find out what was going on, I would have been none the wiser), all I was told was the usual apologies, etc. and 'we are waiting for parts as we do not pre-build and so we are subject to the vagaries of the market' thing. To be fair, Philip appears to be genuine and trying to do his best but then who knows what is really going on? I am just weary now and the enthusiasm of buying a new system has diminished. This, however, does not leave me any closer to knowing how many weeks (or months?) it will be before I get the system. In addition, I note prices of lots of the components have gone down since I placed the order and overall the system price is now lower.

All in all, not a good experience - and I haven't even got the system yet! Perhaps it will get better - let us see.

Yasmin

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    If it was me, and the order hasn't been started yet I would ask Scan to get the cost recalculated with the cheaper prices. I am sure this won't be a problem.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Yasmin,

We will review the pricing for you based on any new pricing when your system is completed.

I completely and totally disagree with your comment "had I not tried to find out what was going on, I would have been none the wiser" when in fact the reason why you know of the delays is because we contacted you by email well before any communication from you.

In fact Phil sent you an email on Monday 16th notifying you of a delay, we received a response from this email 2 days later on the 18th when Phil again responded within 15 minutes.

Phil is being very genuine and in response to your comment "who knows what is really going on", well you do, some stock has been delayed and you have been kept fully informed at all times.

Wesley

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post
    Ythe reason why you know of the delays is because we contacted you by email well before any communication from you.

In fact Phil sent you an email on Monday 16th notifying you of a delay, we received a response from this email 2 days later on the 18th when Phil again responded within 15 minutes.

Phil is being very genuine and in response to your comment "who knows what is really going on", well you do, some stock has been delayed and you have been kept fully informed at all times.

Wesley
    Sorry not true. I sent an e-mail to Phil asking him why the order had not yet started being built. You DID NOT contact me before any communication from me and this I can prove. I have only been kept informed because I have taken the initiative to ask in the first place. Period. In any case, this discussion is now pointless. I have decided to wait as there is no time benefit to be gained by going elsewhere - it is too late, and buying elsewhere now will result in my credit score possibly being adversely affected if I have to make another application for finance - even though it would be no fault of mine. Please do not expect your customers to just accept the situation without venting, and I am sure you would not be so accepting either if the shoe was on the other foot.

As I stated, I will wait for the system and now that I know what to expect, I know how to deal with the situation.

Thanks,

Yasmin

Thread Information