Thread: RMA of Akasa Eclipse-62 Motherboard Tray

Registered+
    Thanks

RMA of Akasa Eclipse-62 Motherboard Tray

I bought an Akasa Eclipse-62 case just over a month ago and have been slowly buying parts because I have been waiting for the Intel price drop and G0 stepping Q6600s. I have got everything now except the CPU so I started the build today but immediatly there was an issue with the motherboard tray. The tray is rivoted to the back part with the I/O panel, fan etc and one of the rivots only goes through the back part and not the tray so I need to RMA it. I did fill in the form on the website for customer service advise on what to do but got a reply back almost as if my query had not even been read correctly when I had already described that it was faulty. The reply read;

Further to your e-mail the case should come fully assembled, the tray may have a natural curvature to it due to the nature of the materials. The tray should fit back into the case and if needed it will flex slightly so it will fit back into the case.
    It did not take long to get this reply, and I replied back to emphasis what I had already said about it being faulty and have not received a reply despite the original reply being very quick. Either the motherboard tray or the entire case needs to be RMA for replacement and I would prefer City Link to collect it as it is a very large case.

As it is anything that must touch the motherboard and back panel such as a graphics card will not sit correctly in the PCI-E or PCI posr when attached to the back panel.

Please can someone see to this problem.

Thanks, Anthony
    Last edited by antonfrompresto; 01-08-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    What about calling the manufacturer and getting them to send out a replacement part - might be quicker than RMA'in the whole case?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrown83 View Post
    What about calling the manufacturer and getting them to send out a replacement part - might be quicker than RMA'in the whole case?
    Thanks, I've just sent Akasa an email to see if getting a replacement will be possible. I will wait to see what one of the guys at Scan say as well. I don't mind returning the whole case as long as it can be collected due to its large sizea and I will get a replacement in reasonable time.

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    If Akasa have a uk telephone number it would probably be quicker calling them... but see how quick they are at emailing first

Good luck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antonfrompresto View Post
    I bought an Akasa Eclipse-62 case just over a month ago [...] but immediatly there was an issue with the motherboard tray. The tray is rivoted to the back part with the I/O panel, fan etc and one of the rivots only goes through the back part and not the tray so I need to RMA it.
    I'm planning on using this case in a future build. Could you take a photo to illustrate exactly where the problem lies so I know what I'm looking out for. I'm not sure I completely understand from your description.

Thanks!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silentvoice View Post
    I'm planning on using this case in a future build. Could you take a photo to illustrate exactly where the problem lies so I know what I'm looking out for. I'm not sure I completely understand from your description.

Thanks!
    I don't think it will be a common problem but here is a picture.

As you should be able to see there is a rivot that only goes through the one piece of metal resulting in the back panel not being at 90 degrees to the motherboard tray at the top of the case.

Thanks
    Yeah, I see what you mean. That's annoying. Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon. Keep us updated.

And thanks for taking the time to upload the picture - much appreciated.

Registered+
    Thanks
    No problem. It seems it should be collected tommorrow to be received on Monday so Scan have been relatively quick with this one.

I sent the picture with the email so hopefully there will no arguement about it being faulty and I will get a replacement asap.

Quote Originally Posted by silentvoice View Post
    Yeah, I see what you mean. That's annoying. Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon. Keep us updated.

And thanks for taking the time to upload the picture - much appreciated.

Thread Information