Thread: First Post - Unfortunately about a mishandled order

Thanks

Angry First Post - Unfortunately about a mishandled order

Hello Chaps,

I've had a bit of a run-around with my latest order with Scan, and just wanted to share it with you guys. I've been a Scan customer for the best part of 6 years, and when our PC stopped working I thought I would order replacement parts and build another one from them. I ordered last Tuesday, and although delivery was scheduled for the next day (on the order form), I am still waiting for one of the items to arrive.

Sequence of events

Tuesday 2/10
    Order placed on Tuesday to be delivered on Wednesday, but I get an email that evening telling me it's been delayed.

Wednesday 3/10/2007
    I call on Wednesday and am informed that one of the items is not in stock (AMD Processor). I ask to cancel the order as I need the goods urgently and will source them elsewhere, but am then told that Scan have located the items and everything will be sent out together, for delivery on Thursday 4th.

Thursday 4/10/2007
    We recieve the packages, but when I check everything that evening, one item is missing (the PC case).

Friday 5/10/2007
    Have been told by Scan that there has been a mixup at the courier, and that another case will be delivered by Saturday 12pm. I am assured that this will go ahead as it is a guaranteed delivery.

Saturday 6/10/2007
    Waited for the PC Case but it did not arrive. An email was sent to us late Friday evening telling us the order was delayed (i didn't check my work email till Monday morning).

Monday 8/10/2007
    Have still not received item and Scan are not sure when we will receive it. They think it is out of stock and will let me know.

I am not happy that Scan have not taken any ownership of this issue, and are just passing it between departments. I was relying on them to delivery items that they had 'in stock' and they have failed to deliver on that.

Am I the only one that has experienced this with Scan?
    Last edited by ln1234; 08-10-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks

Re: First Post - Unfortunately about a mishandled order

ln1234

Please provide your invoice number and I shall look into this further for you.

Regards,

Thanks

Invoice Number is <SNIPPED>
    Last edited by Lee H; 08-10-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks

Ln1234,

Looking at the system I can see that you have been speaking to Lynda this afternoon and hopefully the issues you have had should now be resolved.

If you require any further details please feel free to reply directly back to the OLQ and we shall update you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Thanks

The last correspondence I had from Lynda was that the delivery on Saturday was supposed to be guarenteed, but did not happen because your system said you had stock when in fact you didn't. She could not tell me when my item would now be delivered.

Please bear in mind that to wait for deliveries, either myself or my wife have to stay at home.

Can you tell me when we will get this delivery? Also, can you tell me why my order has been messed about with so much? What happened to the items I was allocated when my order was 'complete' last week?

Thankyou
    Last edited by ln1234; 08-10-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks

Looking at the system the first case we sent was missing from the delivery.

From this we put in a claim with Citylink as the case was missing in transit, it appears after this though the case is now out of stock with us and we are awaiting stock from suppliers.

Lynda is currently speaking with our purchasing team and we should have the case back in stock either tomorrow or Wednesday, as soon as the delivery has arrived from the suppliers Lynda will be in contact to arrange collection of the case.

If there is an alternative case you would prefer please reply to the OLQ and we can arrange for this to be changed asap.

Regards,

Thanks

deleted by myself
    nvm, it was answered between my reading and getting around to posting
    Last edited by rabbid; 08-10-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Thread Information