• 1320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD3650 512MB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Premium x32
      • Internet:
      • T-Mobile Mobile Broadband

My first order...

My first order... Such fun. I get cheaper prices, no postage and so on.

And part of it fails.

Whoopedo... Send it back. Get a second model. It still doesn't work. Send it back. Get the SAME COMPONENT returned to me. Send it back. They offer me a refund (As always) I say I want it.

And they say they can't provide one, for the simple reason that I didn't send back... and this is the almighty thing... 9 screws..

Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but 9 screws does NOT cost £50 (the refund amount that I would be getting.) They cost prehaps.. 20 pence (maybe slightly more.. but certainly not £50)

And does saying that not sending it back in the original packing (which I did ... even down to the outside layers that everyone normally throws away.. wrapped it in a few other layers as well.. such as one of bubblewrap between the box and the outside world) prevent them from giving me back my money.

Then, they have the affrontory to call me a liar, say that I am not capable of testing computer components (through their nice and easy step by step method, followed to the word) and that the faulty motherboard I sent back is actually not faulty at all.

This type of customer service is unacceptable, not representing what I would expect from the highly recommended reviews that I have seen and recieved about scan.

I would expect to find a nice, informed person that actually knows what they are talking about, can actually go a few days without contradicting themselves and not get a simple tested product and a non-tested faulty product mixed up when sending them, then get them right when testing them (which I presumed is what happened. I have the manners and the common sense to presume that a mistake has been made.)

Now, of course, if it was more than a few screws then I would be only too willing to send it back, and even as it is, I'm happy to let them have the 9 screws that came with the product in question, and possibly the metal plate that came with it (to be really pedantic) but to refuse to offer a £50 refund on the pretext of a lie and vastly overvaluing a component that you buy in the hundreds for a minimal cost?

Not even I (who always expects the worst) thought that ANY customer service could be this bad.

So I guess it's goodbye. Unless I decide that this was some sort of grossly unfair mistake, on the pretext that as a minor I would be unable to complain efficiently or with any power at all (which would, yes, be discrimination and illegal) which happens more than it should in today's world, I'm not buying from your vastly overstated services.

I'd rather pay the extra £30 than have to shell out another £70 on a new component everytime one of mine broke down and recieved the same sort of response as I have already.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: My first order...

mediaboy,

please pm me your invoice number and RMA number and I will look into this issue for you.

Regards,

3. Received thanks from:

mediaboy (20-06-2008)

NOT Banned
    Thanks

I don't get it what happened exactly? You kept some screws and you can't get your £50 back?

Thanks
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by moogle View Post
    I don't get it what happened exactly? You kept some screws and you can't get your £50 back?
    I'm a little confused as well... there was mention of the screws being the reason he couldn't get a refund(which is just silly imo). But then the rest is a bit confusing with him being called a lair and the other malarky about them contradicting themselves...

Sounds like an unfortunate case of misunderstanding from the employee which gets relayed to the customer again... seen quite a few of these pop up here.

Thanks

Mediaboy

You are correct we would not descriminate you on the basis of you age in fact quite the opposite we treat everyone with respect. We have procedures in place and there must be reason why we are in this situation. I am sure our returns department have treated you as any other customer with issues with their hardware and trying to determin what is wrong from your post is quite hard and looks like someone is throwing their dummy out of the pram.

I am sure if you treat us with the respect rather than stating we have vastly overstated services we can explain why these decisions have been made and maybe come to a happy conclusion.

Mick is looking into the situation as soon as you can provide him with information that helps such as your RMA number.

Best Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
    And they say they can't provide one, for the simple reason that I didn't send back... and this is the almighty thing... 9 screws..

We have no problems giving a refund providing the hardware we sent to you comes back as we sent it whether it be 1 screw or a sata cable it does not matter. If the situation was reversed and we purchased something from yourelf and we sent it back incomplete would you be happy giving a refund?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ExHail View Post
    Sounds like an unfortunate case of misunderstanding from the employee which gets relayed to the customer again... seen quite a few of these pop up here.
    Not the case and please show examples of your claim our staff are well informed in in their roles and fully trained in procudures we do occasionally make mistakes but more often than not we resolve issues pretty quickly.

In regards to seeing quite a few pop up here I must state this is a care forum and people gerally dont come here to leave apples

D.M
    Thanks
    • D.M's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X w/Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (4x8) Team Group 8Pack 3,600MHz CL16 (Samsung B-Die)
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket 512GB NVMe + Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT Nitro+ Special Edition
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova P2 1200W Platinum
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P600S - White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XZ321QU 32" 144Hz 1440p FreeSync Curved
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    Mediaboy

"You are correct we would not descriminate you on the basis of you age in fact quite the opposite we treat everyone with respect........." "........and trying to determin what is wrong from your post is quite hard and looks like someone is throwing their dummy out of the pram"

I am sure if you treat us with the respect rather than stating we have vastly overstated services
    Bit of a contradiction there Paul, I've been in business for years, much like yourself no doubt, but frankly its very rude & unprofessional to resort to throwing insults at customers, especially ones that are currently upset and need calming down with some kind of resolution.

I have no wish to take sides but I find it a bit alarming when a senior staff member acts like this.

Peace

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

He wasnt throwing insults at anyone if you read, he was stating that the person is spitting their dummy out, that to me isn't an insult.

And tbh i have read through a couple of your previous posts and they all seem to insulting SCAN in one form or another.

D.M
    Thanks
    • D.M's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X w/Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (4x8) Team Group 8Pack 3,600MHz CL16 (Samsung B-Die)
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket 512GB NVMe + Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVMe + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT Nitro+ Special Edition
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova P2 1200W Platinum
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P600S - White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XZ321QU 32" 144Hz 1440p FreeSync Curved
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    He wasnt throwing insults at anyone if you read, he was stating that the person is spitting their dummy out, that to me isn't an insult.

And tbh i have read through a couple of your previous posts and they all seem to insulting SCAN in one form or another.
    Not an insult? If someone called you a baby and said you were throwing a tantrum what would you think?

As for insulting Scan you must have me mistaken for someone else? I use Scan for alot of my orders, just received one today actually, but if somethings not right then its not right, infact I normally refrain from posting if someones arguing but I felt I had to say something today. I wasnt rude to him, I just stated the facts and how it was unprofessional.

Anyway whats with you diggin into me? You work for Scan or something? And trying to insult or goad me isnt too polite either is it. Maybe we have different standards of how to deal with other people and especially customers?

I'll leave the OP to sort his problem out with Scan as I am sure they will help, as they normally do
    Last edited by D.M; 13-06-2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    • mediaboy's system
      • CPU:
      • Phenom x3 8500
      • Memory:
      • 2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD3650 512MB
      • Operating System:
      • Internet:

Okay? You don't know what is wrong?

Firstly, thank you mike for your quick response and your more adult demeanour.

And Paul?

I could rant and rage on at you using words of more than one syllable, but as you seem incapable of reading my previous post I'll simplify it slightly... just for you Paul.

You, the provider or supplier, are refusing to grant me, the customer, a refund due to two - made up and totally unappliable - reasons which are:

1) That I did not pack the component correctly. Infact, I used MORE protective pacakaging than you yourself used.

2) That I failed to return some small parts from the component. Infact, I returned ALL components (As I doubled checked where I got screws from, and realised that it wasn't the component in question, but rather the case I had brought) along with everything that came inside the box, excepting the multitude of paperwork that you churn out, and that I wish to keep for documentation of my purchases should my costs ever be under question.

If you need it dumbing down more, or wish to recieve the aforesaid "dummy out of the pram" in the face, or any other way of calling me immature, or any other degenerating or otherwise insulting names then please refrain from doing so on a topic on which the problems are trying to be RESOLVED, and not heightened, or otherwise made worse, by a member of the staff of the company I am complaining about insulting me.

If you don't understand any of the above, don't worry. I can fully understand if you still require the pram which you seem to think I live in. I'll quite happily swap the metaphorical pram for my actual refund.

We have no problems giving a refund providing the hardware we sent to you comes back as we sent it whether it be 1 screw or a sata cable it does not matter. If the situation was reversed and we purchased something from yourelf and we sent it back incomplete would you be happy giving a refund?
    Yes... if it was something so commonplace as screws - or simply something that I can easily get my hands on. Obviously, if it was a matter of - for instance -100s of screws then I would not be so happy about it, but 9 screws (and this is literally.. 9 screws) which didn't even come with the component (after double checking all my packaging for the surplus screws that you so kindly sent with my case) I would not hesitate to refund.

Afterall, I would have a reputation to uphold, and refusing a refund on the pretext of something so small as a few screws it not a way of getting more customers, keeping customers or indeed keeping the somewhat excellent reputation you have intact.
    Last edited by mediaboy; 13-06-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune117
    Kids are getting smarter, eventually no amount of parental controls will be able to stop them
    I guess we're expected to do quite well

Registered+
    Thanks
    • asmith's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5W-DH Duluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Duo E6600 @3.17Ghz
      • Memory:
      • DDR2 PC800 4x1GB Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 3x 250Gb 7200RPM
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Power Color HD3870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Invasion
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MK241H 24" Full HD

I can understand your frustration but try and keep civil the last thing you want to do is come across aggressive and no i am not implying this at all! The best thing I can say is the hardest but me patient I am sure Scan will sort this out you already have had some of the more senior and respected members of staff supporting you on this on the forums you just need to have faith.

I know you frustrated I have been their also (not with Scan)

If you need it dumbing down more, or wish to recieve the aforesaid "dummy out of the pram" in the face, or any other way of calling me immature, or any other degenerating or otherwise insulting names then please refrain from doing so on a topic on which the problems are trying to be RESOLVED, and not heightened, or otherwise made worse, by a member of the staff of the company I am complaining about insulting me.

If you don't understand any of the above, don't worry. I can fully understand if you still require the pram which you seem to think I live in. I'll quite happily swap the metaphorical pram for my actual refund.
    When did he say you lived in a pram, when did he imply you are immature or insult you perhaps you should dumb it again ever more for me to understand, from what I have read it was simply implied you posted in a manner which seemed more like an excessive moan rather then a polite request for help

14. Received thanks from:

mediaboy (20-06-2008),Mossy (14-06-2008)

Thanks
    • mediaboy's system
      • CPU:
      • Phenom x3 8500
      • Memory:
      • 2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD3650 512MB
      • Operating System:
      • Internet:

Then reread it from the point of someone who has had enough of being patronized and treated like a little boy (which - for your information - despite my age, I am not) and is frankly sick to the teeth of waiting for 2 and a half months (3 faulty models) before giving up and asking for a refund.

I am quite happily willing to be polite and reasonable to those that are similarly to me, and it is a well known fact that the harshest methods often bring results, even if those methods result in a result which you are not happy with. By posting as I did, and will continue to do so - apart from towards those that show me politeness and courtesy, such as the first poster on this thread (whom I already thanked) - I get fast responses and quick answers.

And for those that think this isn't fact, would you get a better effect from using shock tactics or simply by mentioning it casually to a group of people, who outnumber you and have access to things you don't? Domination works against bigger groups, and as I percieve Scan as a group, represented by it's representatives on this forum, I treat it as a group. If I was talking to a single mod or admin my entire attitude and tactics would be different.

Besides, as other people have already stated either on this topic, or to me personally, they are shocked by the attitude of Paul towards me, and customers in general, and feel that insulting customers by implying they are in a tantrum and so immature that they require a pram and a dummy. Which is how I am reading it. After all, they are professionals, and must mean what they say. Paul even says that all the staff are trained to be as efficients as possible, and therefore MUST be right.

I presume that he has had vast experience of insulting people and therefore believes that I am failing to either understand the insults or that I will not care, or that I deserve it.

And on the subject of professionalism: does the policeman set out to attack the person who attacks him? Or merely restrain them or prevent them from harming others? Which one would the ideal policeman be able to do?

Surely the same logic could be carried across into this situation. What is the ideal response from Scan? Is it to insult and degrade their customers? Which could be seen as a way of implying that by saying that I will not buy from here again, I am no longer worthy of respect (but I am not seeing it like this, at the moment. Instead I am simply presuming that this has another meaning that I am not seeing and that he will willingly enlighten me as to hat it is.) Or is it to - as Mike has already done, to get the essential details of the question in matter and attempt to prevent the problem from escalating or going further - metaphorically restraining it?

I'm sure that you, with your world wisely ways and your excellent english, will understand all of this, and maybe be able to understand the situation better?

And - as I seem to need to repeat myself frequently - by saying I was in a pram and throwing a tantrum, he is implying that I am too young to actually pay any interest to the world around me, have any intelligence and likewise be as a baby.

Of course, you could read this as him saying that I was being like a baby and complaining, and like all people should, I am willing to change my views should he ever present good reasons as to WHY he started insinutating insults and degradetion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune117
    Kids are getting smarter, eventually no amount of parental controls will be able to stop them
    I guess we're expected to do quite well

Thanks

Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but 9 screws does NOT cost £50 (the refund amount that I would be getting.) They cost prehaps.. 20 pence (maybe slightly more.. but certainly not £50)

its becuz of the sales of goods act, they dont have to refund you becuz you gave it back wen in of a unmerchantable quality, meaning they cant sell it without the 9 screws, argueably you could argue that the component wasnt of merchantable quality when you recieved it.

However, i have faith that scan will sort it out in one way or another
    Pittsburgh steelers, maimi hurricanes, Wisconsin badgers, Bristol Rovers, Man United - thats right i love sports

17. Received thanks from:

mediaboy (20-06-2008)

Thanks

Kinda keeping out of this, but one thing is: since when do screws come with a motherboard? I have never had screws with a mobo, they always came with the cases. Or are they some special type or design particular to this model?

Registered+
    Thanks
    • asmith's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5W-DH Duluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Duo E6600 @3.17Ghz
      • Memory:
      • DDR2 PC800 4x1GB Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 3x 250Gb 7200RPM
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Power Color HD3870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Invasion
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MK241H 24" Full HD

Point taken buddy I think its best you just wait on Scan on this one trust me they are a very good company and very professional, if you feel let down at all by a particular induvidual please dont hate thecompany becuase of this. Im not saying anyones at fault or anyones being insulted just dont let one persons comments get the best of you.

Lifes to short for stress

20. Received thanks from:

mediaboy (20-06-2008)

Thread Information