Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marked CPU IHS = damaged Xigmatek.

Jay
    Thanks

Re: Marked CPU IHS = damaged Xigmatek.

I don't really see what this has got to do with any one other than the OP and Scan...
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

Hi,only making a info point not a judgement(wouldn't do so),it as been placed on a open forum(& happens regularly in this forum section,maybe you have done so?).Otherwise why have this open forum section at all,communication can quite easily be done via email or phone etc.
    Even while prev posting,looked like how Intel would see it.Does the defect if due to manufacturing etc overide anything after?Bit of grey area.

Cheers BOB

ps Scan chap bet me to the post,on my prev one(slow typer etc).
    Last edited by bibio; 15-10-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks
    • Dreaming's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • e6300 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
      • PSU:
      • Antec Neo HE 550
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC A05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 22" 226BW
      • Internet:
      • NTL 4Mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    Wesley has stated there reason why you can not send back on 7 day DSR, I can not see how you can comment on how Scan's pickers handle hardware we are very carefull and use excellent packing materials and methods. The damage to the box was most likely done in transit which can happen unfortunately you did not mention this nor did you put a claim in for damaged in transit, we can not control your actions and in your own post admit to using the product.

Regards
    Have to say Paul I don't want to gang up on Scan but plenty of the boxes I've had have arrived in subprime condition including one where someone had obviously been bored and had made a pattern out of holes on the box lol. Never affected the product though (the box was inside one of those city link bags) and was only a brown OEM type box.

It's one of those risks with building your own PC though, there are lots of loopholes and such for not just scan but companies like Intel to not honour any kind of warranty. My suggestion would be to test the CPU in a system it IS compatible with, if it doesn't work return it as an RMA, fault found, get replacement, sell replacement (unless scan say you did the damage yourself or something like that). If it does work in a compatible system, just sell it on eBay as tested and working. My CPU IHS isn't perfect by any means but the CPU works fine up to a 50% overclock.

Also I feel a bit wary as a consumer that wesley had to go snooping around the hexus forums, I don't know, whenever I've spoke to scan on the phone they've always been really friendly guys and pretty much sort anything out and the idea that they might be going round the forums 'checking up' on my story makes me a bit paranoid - I mean overclocking invalidates warranties too and if I've overclocked parts of my system and they failed after say a week I wouldn't like to have my sig thrown in my face. That's just my personal feeling as a consumer though, I wouldn't like to be spied on lol.
    Dreaming

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB | | 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B | | Samsung 226BW 22"

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
    (unless scan say you did the damage yourself or something like that)
    Pretty sure they just did, even though it's an outward dent requiring you to dent it from the inside->out. Can't see the logic there.

My CPU IHS isn't perfect by any means but the CPU works fine up to a 50% overclock.
    Watch out you're liable for no RMA for saying that

That's just my personal feeling as a consumer though, I wouldn't like to be spied on lol.
    Guess that's one of the negs of having a care forum on a forum you frequent. Even on the eBuyer forum users have their overclocks and scores posted but the RMA's still get given. Although now they've got an uproar about their free delivery going so Scan should see some more customers coming their way

I think there should be a notice on the heatsink page notifying users that it invalidates warranty as I couldn't find it on any of them. Sure some might know but some mightn't.

Thanks

Hi Dreaming

We are not spying or looking into previous posts to get out of a refund or replacement all we are trying to get the correct information on the issue which has not been clear from the start. The OP claims to have not even opened the parcel fro 3 days but in a previous thread opened by the OP on the same day of delivery states "everything is setup nicely" so if he has not opened it for 3 days how has he had it set up?

Clearly the OP information is contradicting and damage to the CPU was not claimed for within the 48h deadline stipulated in our Terms & conditions. The point is if the goods had been damaged in transit we have to be notified, how are we to know the product has been physically damaged on installation since we was not notified of the damage on delivery but only on the 10th exactly 7 days later.

with contradicting information and simply that the terms & conditions have not been adhered to Wesley has made it clear why he can not offer an RMA

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Wats ur tale mothergoose?
    Thanks
    • Korky's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35-Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 160GB WD RE2 RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4870x2
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cheapo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Hanns.G / 42" Panasonic G20
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Cable

I guess it was my own fault I did not report damage within 48 hours, I've already tried to explain that it wasn't necessarily damage as its a tiny ding in the IHS which wont affect it. I have proven this by trying it in a friends pc tonight who has a p45 board. It works fine. Im jacked off because I know for sure it came out the box like this, impossible for me to make such a mark on the IHS. Can you possibly give me details for Intel RMA direct then? Seeing as you guys wont do anything for me. About the pictures i'll put them up tomorrow morning, late in from work.
    3D Mark 2k1 - 20661

If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in.

Registered+
    Thanks

Intel Customer Support Centre

United Kingdom 0870 607 2439

Thanks
    • Dreaming's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • e6300 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
      • PSU:
      • Antec Neo HE 550
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC A05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 22" 226BW
      • Internet:
      • NTL 4Mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by Korky View Post
    I guess it was my own fault I did not report damage within 48 hours, I've already tried to explain that it wasn't necessarily damage as its a tiny ding in the IHS which wont affect it. I have proven this by trying it in a friends pc tonight who has a p45 board. It works fine. Im jacked off because I know for sure it came out the box like this, impossible for me to make such a mark on the IHS. Can you possibly give me details for Intel RMA direct then? Seeing as you guys wont do anything for me. About the pictures i'll put them up tomorrow morning, late in from work.
    If it works properly then you could just sell it on eBay as tested and working.. no?
    Dreaming

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB | | 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B | | Samsung 226BW 22"

Wats ur tale mothergoose?
    Thanks
    • Korky's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35-Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 160GB WD RE2 RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4870x2
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cheapo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Hanns.G / 42" Panasonic G20
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Cable

Yes Dreaming this is the action I am going to take, I'm just hacked off that the defect on the IHS has compromised the xigmatek - double hit. Im done buying from scan in the near future though.
    3D Mark 2k1 - 20661

If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear you feel you can not purchase though Scan again but in your own words you admit your actions led to this conclusion. All Scan have done is provide a good service and although it has not ended in the way you wanted all we have done is stick to the terms. It would be easy for Scan to dish out RMA's like hot cakes but if we did this it would not take long for Scan to be out of business.

We have responded to your queries quickly and have helped you as much as we can unfortunately we can not issue a refund for a CPU we can not claim money back on ourselves which I think is common practice considering the information you have provided.

I can guarantee other suppliers have procedures, Terms & Conditions in place just like Scan and that they would not be interested if the same situation happened with them.

Best Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

NOT Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Korky View Post
    Yes Dreaming this is the action I am going to take, I'm just hacked off that the defect on the IHS has compromised the xigmatek - double hit. Im done buying from scan in the near future though.
    pm me the sale link when you do

I've been looking for a cpu to lap

Thread Information