• i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

Re: Hmm potential problem

not so much the problem i had, just the fact its a lottery if your going to get the parts and then have to wait 2 weeks until the funds get back to my account.

ive never been let down by dabs, or ebuyer, and ive spend 10x as much at both of those since ive known scan, you click buy at either of those and you will recieve, and they dont email you when its to late to do anything about it like you guys do

Thanks

I think BB brought up some good things there, something which would make Scan a lot better to the buyers who might be hesitant about buying from them.

1) Only take money when an item has been confirmed as in stock.

Not sure how you would do this, but I'm sure it's possible. I also have no idea regarding stock systems, how easy would it be to put in place a stock system that is real time? But I am guessing it comes down to cost, and if the disadvantages outweighs the advantages, then there is no need to do it. 98% is pretty damn high for a company that is shipping out an estimated 1000 packages a day, now that's more than Ebuyer btw (last stats I heard from Ebuyer was 600 - 800). That in itself is impressive. But as many people know, the business side of a "business" is totally different than the customer side, and saying things is far far easier than doing things.

Banned
    Thanks

When i buy at Ebuyer and the item is in stock and complete the order, withing minutes i will get an email if one of the items is out of stock and also get an option to Cancel the item, wait for the item or change for an alternative item. This stops my order from being delayed. This is what keeps the customer happy.

Also, going onto refunds, Scan, i have to say this, your refund payment process is the worst i have come across!! It takes ages to get money back from you lot. I am still waiting for a refund after sending an item back to you nearly 2 weeks ago!!

Again, look at peoples complaints and these are the main two issues we have with Scan. Stock/allocation and Refunds.

Other than that, i have to say that Scan are my fav online shop. Customer service is next to none. The guys on here are awesome.

Sorry to have a go at you Scan but these 2 problems have been ongoing for more than a couple of years.

Yes, you will see complaints on a forum but overall, Scan get loads of praise too. I am one for recommending Scan all the time but i will also step in and say what i feel on the good and the bad.
    Last edited by Koolpc; 14-02-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Maybe give a option when ordering to dispatch packages on time regardless of missing items. (A option on the order screen, asking the customer for example "If for a unfortunate reason beyond our control we are unable to dispatch your whole order, do you wish to delay it or send what we have?"
    Although this is probably a bad idea thinking more.. as you could end up with a cpu and no motherboard... not much use.. Unless you could tag items together.. a bit complex which would probably cause more problems than solve.
    When on the confirmation page there could be a checkbox beside each item on a column "delay whole order if stock unavailable", then customer could untick what isn't super important.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    not so much the problem i had, just the fact its a lottery if your going to get the parts and then have to wait 2 weeks until the funds get back to my account.

ive never been let down by dabs, or ebuyer, and ive spend 10x as much at both of those since ive known scan, you click buy at either of those and you will recieve, and they dont email you when its to late to do anything about it like you guys do
    I want to know which lottery you play I'd certainly pay a £1 I would fancy my chance with them odds.

Refunds do not take 2 weeks at all minimum 3 - 4 working days tbh in most cases. Pointing out isolated cases isnt really concrete is it?

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    I want to know which lottery you play I'd certainly pay a £1 I would fancy my chance with them odds.

Refunds do not take 2 weeks at all minimum 3 - 4 working days tbh in most cases. Pointing out isolated cases isnt really concrete is it?
    Sorry paul, you are wrong there mate. I am still waiting for my refund and i sent the item back to Scan nearly 2 weeks ago!!

Thanks

As I said Isolated I am not wrong in some cases it may take longer I see these figures I work at Scan If you have as issue KOOLPC then let me know I will look into it.

Thread closed until Monday as this is just going to go on.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tetras View Post
    When on the confirmation page there could be a checkbox beside each item on a column "delay whole order if stock unavailable", then customer could untick what isn't super important.
    The option to part ship has been live online since 2007
    http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...part+ship+live

The minor cases where an order is delayed due to a stock discrepancy is minimul, we are talking %2 of thousands of order's.

We are working on the %2....
    Last edited by Chris P; 15-02-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Thread Information