Okay, so I know that there is nothing that I can really do, just vent a little frustration..

First of course, is the fact that I had completely forgotten about free shipping for active members, and I've not been around for a very long time.. my own fault..

But today's frustration, this morning I place an order, everything in stock according to the website, I go to pay, everything is great, I'm happy, everything goes through smoothly *yay* and I think to myself that I can happilly get on with my day, and wait for the dispatch confirmation to roll around...

Then came the end of this afternoon, I check my email and nothing... I silently screamed, I looked on the website and suddenly, the graphics card that I was ordering is out of stock.. oh the calamity, sometimes I think the world is out to get me.

So while writing this, I get the email that I wish I hadn't got, that the card won't be in stock until next thursday.

Its depressing, there's nothing I can do, I'm frustrated, *grumble*

Otherwise, Thankyou Scan for a smooth ordering process, and for letting me know relatively quickly that my order will be delayed, its a frustration, but I can live with it.

Ceryndrion.