Thread: Order progress and website issues

Thanks

Order progress and website issues

No sign so far of my despatch emails from an order yesterday early PM.

When trying to get onto my account at Scan or looking at the support page where you can get updates, it's all gone pear-shaped and gives me error messages.

What's up?

Where's my order? All was in stock and I've had no notification of any issues.

Thanks
    The site will be back up shortly, theres just some updates being done.

The estimated despatch date of your order is today, so with any luck it should leave tonight.
    Last edited by DavidM; 26-07-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks
    Fingers crossed then!

Website is ok now, thanks.

Thanks
    I can't chase this up at the moment (home now) but if for some reason it doesn't ship, I'll ask someone to update you as early as possible tomorrow if theres any problems.

Thanks
    Well it's still showing as not picked and not shipped so I guess I'll be waiting another day (or cancelling and going somewhere else).

I've trawled through the items I think they are were (but since I've not had the email with LN codes I can't be 100%) and it now looks like the hard drives are out of stock. If that's the case I'm not impressed. Scan emails clearly state 'If there are any delays in your order, we will send further email notification'.

You really need to invest in better real time tracking systems for customers (like you have for internal use) AND ensure your customers are kept up to date.

Scan can replace these with an agreed alternative (these were on a Today only I think).

I'd expect a rapid response from the relevant department tomorrow. I'd made an effort to ensure someone was going to be available to take collection tomorrow, particularly since it didn't ship yesterday and everything was in stock when I ordered. Since I'm not around Friday and I'm not going to put myself at the whims and fancies of Scan (again) it will be a very poor 'next day' delivery service you've again provided. The free delivery option isn't worth this hassle (time to shop elsewhere?).

Now I'm going to try and calm down, apologise to my wife and tell her she can re-instate her plans I asked her to re-arrange for tomorrow and hope she doesn't take it out too much on me.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBry
    The free delivery option isn't worth this hassle (time to shop elsewhere?).
    Aside from your other issues which I am sure Scan staff will help with, the Free delivery service is in NO WAY different from the service everyone else has to pay for - I just want to make that clear.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    Matt, I do appreciate that and apologise if that's the impression I gave. The point I was making is that there are more reliable ordering and despatch systems elsewhere and paying for that benefit is worth it if avoiding this agro - one of the main reasons I still order some of my parts through Scan is the shipping offer. If I can't get a reliable service I'll go somewhere that may be a little more expensive, but reliable.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Scan send out an order delayed email and txt message to me when things don't ship, you should recieve these. Though sometimes they don't come through till first thing in the morning.

I put through a heck of a lot of orders through scan (maybe 1-2 a week sometimes more) and I've only had a handful delayed.

Thanks
    Well it's still showing as not picked and not shipped so I guess I'll be waiting another day (or cancelling and going somewhere else).

I've trawled through the items I think they are were (but since I've not had the email with LN codes I can't be 100%) and it now looks like the hard drives are out of stock. If that's the case I'm not impressed. Scan emails clearly state 'If there are any delays in your order, we will send further email notification'.

You really need to invest in better real time tracking systems for customers (like you have for internal use) AND ensure your customers are kept up to date.

Scan can replace these with an agreed alternative (these were on a Today only I think).

I'd expect a rapid response from the relevant department tomorrow. I'd made an effort to ensure someone was going to be available to take collection tomorrow, particularly since it didn't ship yesterday and everything was in stock when I ordered. Since I'm not around Friday and I'm not going to put myself at the whims and fancies of Scan (again) it will be a very poor 'next day' delivery service you've again provided. The free delivery option isn't worth this hassle (time to shop elsewhere?).

Now I'm going to try and calm down, apologise to my wife and tell her she can re-instate her plans I asked her to re-arrange for tomorrow and hope she doesn't take it out too much on me.

Appologies for the delay in your order,

I have checked the invoice and the following items are currently showing as out of stock:-

4 x ~2V Today Only Item
    4 x SEAGATE/SATA2/160 160G Seagate SATA2 ST3160812AS
    2 x GIGA/K8N51GMF/754 Gbyte K8N51GMF s754 nF4

As suggested replacement we currently have stock of:-

LN 13981 - http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=385522
    LN 14937 - http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=434386

The motherboard is slightly cheaper and the HDD can be swappedat the same TO price.

Please confirm if you would happy with the alternative products so we can ship your order without further delay.

Regards

Thanks
    Hard drives seem ok but the motherboard has no firewire headers!

Thanks
    Hard drives seem ok but the motherboard has no firewire headers!
    Not really answered his question tbh... I suggest you just wait for the items to be back in stock, unless you are willing to change your order drastically.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400Mhzx8) 1.52V (set in bios, 1.47v real) | 4GB GeIL PC6400 4-4-4-12 | Gigabyte DQ6 @ 1600Mhz | HD2900XT 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 720W | Silverstone TJ07-B with custom watercooling | BenQ FP241WZ
    3dmark05 - 13140 | 3dmark06 - 6698 | SuperPi 1M - 15s

Thanks
    I've cancelled the order.

Thread Information