/love Redbull
    /love Scan
    /love Life
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Martin "Whats a Wan ton?"
    Lee "About 1000 kilo's"

Registered+
    Thanks
    Well I contacted Chris and basically the excuse was they were very busy... ... I get that from every etailer when an order is delayed... imo if you can't guarantee next day don't offer it. ... At least then I could have opted for Saturday delivery but given how busy you claim to be that might not have made it either..

The order wasnt even picked until around 11am today, so bascially seems like they took my money and put my order aside for the next day..
    Last edited by Shocky01; 10-11-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Incorrect:-

My PM actually explained things a little differently, which was quite in depth with valid reasons and not quite as blunt as " we were busy "

So I am not miss quoted I will post my exact PM, which I feel gives valid reasons why the original card ordered was unfortunately not allocated due to stock and why we were unable to despacth the amended card - Due to a " volume of orders "

imo if you can't guarantee next day don't offer it
    We do not offer guaranteed next day delivery from the point of order but only from the point of despatch.

http://www.scan.co.uk/delivery/

Re: Next day ?
    Our website didn't give you misleading information. I would like to assure you that our online stock levels are accurate and do reflect real-time the saleable stock levels on our database internally. However, it is possible for stock levels to diminish quickly if there is a huge demand for the same product at any one time. I will try to give you a scenario which should illustrate my point:

Our website shows “in stock” for an item which we have 5 saleable stock for, then 10 people order this product around the same time during the day. The orders all progress chronologically through our systems to the payment stage within a few hours, which is the stage where our database allocates stock or back order stock to invoices. The first 5 customers whose payment is successfully taken are allocated the 5 pieces of stock we have on the shelves and the other 5 would have stock allocated on a back order, in anticipation of new stock arriving in the building. These 5 customers would be emailed with a “delay notification” email later that evening, which will include a lead date for new stock to arrive in from our suppliers.

I would imagine that this type of scenario is the one which has caused the delay in your order. The stock indicators on the website are there purely as an indicator of what we have physically available at that moment in time. We give our customers correct information, to the highest degree of accuracy possible in such a fast paced and fluctuating environment where stock turnover during the day is massive. I would like to assure you that stock issues of this nature are rare although unfortunately a largely unavoidable hazard when dealing with such unpredictable sales demand. We certainly do not wish to provide inaccurate stock information or cause disappointments for any of our customers.

For your future reference, we are in fact completing a massive building project to our warehouse at the moment, which will also encompass large improvements to our stock system. We are aware of the problems that large scale distribution has brought as we have grown hugely over the last few years, and we are now investing time, effort and money into making improvements in the necessary areas. This is mainly based on staff and customer feedback, using particular examples of stock problems to identify the areas for improvement.

Due to a volume of orders unfortunately we were unable to ship the order last night for you. The order is due to ship tonight for delivery on Monday and next day delivery would only be guaranteed from the point of despatch.

I can only apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

Regards"

Again we can only apologies for the delay to your order, we do always try and meet the estimated despatch dates and 90%+ of orders do.
    Last edited by Chris P; 10-11-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Well I never said its exactly what you said chris, you gave allot of reasons why an order could be delayed but I confirmed you had plently if stock when I placed the order over the phone for the XFX 8800 GTX so stock levels are not an issue unless the scan representative gave me false information.

Due to a volume of orders unfortunately we were unable to ship the order last night for you
    Well the first 3 paragraphs are to do with the first order which you limited stock for, that was changed and stock was confirmed over the phone..

The only part which applys really is ..

For your future reference, we are in fact completing a massive building project to our warehouse at the moment, which will also encompass large improvements to our stock system. We are aware of the problems that large scale distribution has brought as we have grown hugely over the last few years, and we are now investing time, effort and money into making improvements in the necessary areas. This is mainly based on staff and customer feedback, using particular examples of stock problems to identify the areas for improvement.

Due to a volume of orders unfortunately we were unable to ship the order last night for you. The order is due to ship tonight for delivery on Monday and next day delivery would only be guaranteed from the point of despatch.

I can only apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

Thanks
    I felt in was necessary to explain all of the issues experienced with the original stock isssue and the issue of the amended order not being shipped out.

I can now confirm the order has shipped out for delivery Monday for you.

I understand you are eager to receive the card as I would be to

ummm - Shall I buy a new system or the new 40" Sony LCD ?
    Last edited by Chris P; 10-11-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Anyway, thanks for replying so quickly.. More then most etailers will do.

I'm really going to have to avoid selecting next day with city link... every time I select them regardless of site I’m ordering from you can guarantee most orders will not get to me next day.. Probably not directly city links fault but there seems to be no urgency to get the orders to people next day when there selected... Should probably to changed to 1-2 working days..

Thanks
    If ever place an order which does not arrive next day from the point of despatch with Scan please contact me with the Invoice number so a late claim can be lodged

City Link do guarantee next day delivery from the point of despatch so please let me know if you are not receiving this service

Regards

dobeedobeedodo ahhhh
    Thanks
    • HoldenBurn1000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair ZT 750W Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x 28" ASUS
    order three or four times have never got it next day. always gives me the day after next day as the earliest..

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    If ever place an order which does not arrive next day from the point of despatch with Scan please contact me with the Invoice number so a late claim can be lodged

City Link do guarantee next day delivery from the point of despatch so please let me know if you are not receiving this service

Regards
    Like I said I don't think it’s directly city links fault, city links next day seems to be very low priority for most retailers so there getting despatched later then the predicted dates.

Thanks
    HoldenBurn1000 - the service is next day, from point of despatch.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    HoldenBurn1000 - the service is next day, from point of despatch.
    This we understand but for next day its predicted delivery will been the following working day and despatch on the same day... if you going to take a whole day to despatch it maybe you should include that on your despatch system.. e.g. Next Day (Allow 1 working day handling time).. So in effect the predicted delivery date will but 2 working days not 1.

Thanks
    From the point of despatch means, the delivery WILL be delivered 24hrs after the order has physically been despatched from Scan. This is all City Link will guarantee and all Scan guarantee

Estimated despatch dates are exactly that and not guaranteed

Next day delivery from the point of ordering is not guaranteed by Scan or City Link.

" Once your order has reached Stage 4 of 4 and has been despatched to City link, they guarantee next working day delivery (unless you have a Saturday pre-12pm delivery booked) The delivery service booking will depend on what you have selected at the point of ordering. "

Shocky01

All 3 orders you have placed this year have been delivered next day from the point of despatch
    Last edited by Chris P; 10-11-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    From the point of despatch means, the delivery WILL be delivered 24hrs after the order has physically been despatched from Scan. This is all City Link will guarantee.

Next day delivery from the point of ordering is not guaranteed by Scan or City Link.

" Once your order has reached Stage 4 of 4 and has been despatched to City link, they guarantee next working day delivery (unless you have a Saturday pre-12pm delivery booked) The delivery service booking will depend on what you have selected at the point of ordering. "

Shocky01

All 3 orders you have placed this year have been delivered next day from the point of despatch
    I'm not just talking about Scan, its most retailers that use City Link Next Day.

Your own despatch system gives the predicted date as the following day.. If you don't want us to complain change it to be more realistic.
    Last edited by Shocky01; 10-11-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks
    All I can speak for is Scan

Registered+
    Thanks
    All I can speak for is Scan
    Which brings us back to the order I just placed which took you almost 24hours just to despatch which I think is disgusting.

Thanks
    A 1 day delay is certainly not "disgusting", and let’s keep things in perspective

This is exactly the reason why we provide estimated despatch dates clearly confirmed in the 1st of a 4 stage confirmation e-mail tracking system.

92%+ despatch rate at this time of year (and I maybe obviously Biased ) excellent and a feat in its own. The pickers and packers stay up to 8pm despatch as many parcels as we can, Isolated problems here and there are an unavoidable consequence for any company dealing with such high volumes of deliveries.

I am sorry you feel this way, however you have not been misled at any time during the ordering process, you have been clearly updated at all points of the ordering process.

We are basically going around in circles I have already explained legitimate reasons why the order could not be despatched and can only apologise for any delay or inconvenience

Regards

Thread Information