Thread: Unhappy with poor customer experience

Thanks

Unhappy with poor customer experience

I have used Scan since 2002; despite some problems with City link your service has been OK and your prices brilliant. Your prices are still brilliant. However after my poor customer experience this week I may never order from Scan again. I have been planning a new PC build for my nephew for a while. Here is my experience so far:

1) On Saturday morning noticing that many of the items where on your “Today Only” offers I put an order in for over £1000. All items where in stock – I only order in stock items as many companies make promises about getting stock that they can not keep. Scan seems to have now joined this woeful poor business practice.
    2) I had problems placing the order because of the poor usability mouse trapping design of the card verification system. I had to crash out of the process, being unable to go backwards or forwards.
    3) I phoned Scan twice on Saturday to be told that the despite this crashing out that the order would go through and I had nothing to worry about with items all being in stock.
    4) I got an email at 20:13 last night saying that the estimated delivery date of the 14th could not be met. I went in and noticed that payment was not verified until the 12th. Why was this not done manually on the Saturday when I phoned Scan twice?
    5) I have phoned up today twice to be told that items will be delayed because there are now stock problems. Having checked your website I noticed that one item I was told was not in stock in fact is showing as being in stock but that other items are not. I was told that someone would call be back to verify the stock situation so that I could amend the order as necessary. No such phone call has been received.
    6) I have read on these forums that items are not picked until all items for an order are in stock. Does this really mean that for a large order with popular items that the order may never be fulfilled because at no point may all the items actually all be in stock. Is your order fulfilment process, from taking an order, payment verification and picking and packaging now really this poor? I think you need to seriously rethink your business processes.
    7) Why do you keep taking orders and showing items as being in stock when in fact you have no way of knowing that when you actually get around to picking the items will still be available?
    8) I paid extra for specific delivery times on the estimated day of delivery 14th. This is now a waste as I have no idea what day the items can be actually delivered and what time slot might be convenient.
    9) I am annoyed that your customer service staff do not seem to have told me the whole story e.g. that verification would be delayed until the 12th, that items might then be out of stock, that indications of items being in stock should not be taken at face value because at the time of picking items may have gone.
    10) Surely the best system would be that when you take an order, those items are reserved for the customer, stock levels are updated, and that these items are only released for other customers should there be payment problems or the customer amends the order?

Can a senior manager, who is empowered to make decisions and supervise the order process please contact me to discuss how we can progress this and discuss with me what items you actually have in stock? I am happy to PM my invoice details when requested.

Thanks
    Please PM me the invoice number so we can look into this for you

Regards

Thanks

Just had a call, only one item out of stock

I have just had a call back. All items except for one are in stock and will be sent.

Also I have arranged a delivery date for this Friday.

But I would like to discuss some of the issues raised concerning delay and items going out of stock.

Most of my faith is restored.

Thanks
    We are aware of the problems with the current stock system and are making massive changes to resolve these issues.

The following link should answer all of your queries,

If you have any further queries please dont hesitate to PM me directly

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=97377

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 14-02-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Thread Information