Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MESH announce improved service offering

Thanks

MESH announce improved service offering

From today, all desktop systems bought from MESH will come with a minimum of 12 months on-site support.

There are other service improvements, too, including a pledge of faster on-site repairs and speedier phone-answering.

MESH's press release can be accessed here and below.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    PRESS RELEASE

MESH COMPUTERS, LONDON, 1st MAY 2007

All desktop systems, purchased from MESH after 1st May 2007 will now come with a minimum of 12 months, on-site support.

MESH is implementing this upgraded support package, previously sold for £49,
    absolutely free of charge.

Renewed service levels are geared to provide a much faster response – with a pledge that all customer on-site repairs will be completed within 3 working days.

Reporting hardware issues will also be easier and more efficient than ever, with a pledge that 96% of all new hardware support calls will be answered within 4 rings.

Commenting on MESH’s drive to increase service levels, General Manager Tony Riccardi said “One of the key reasons for our success has been a dedication to customer service and support. Our new after-sales support package will bring standards to a new level within this industry”.

Riccardi explained, “MESH has been manufacturing award winning technology for over 20 years and that means we have an installed user base measured in hundreds of thousands. Buying MESH means buying the best – and that includes support”.

In conclusion, Riccardi said, “Award after award confirms that our range is the strongest in the UK market – head and shoulders above the competition.”

MESH Computers was established in 1987 with their headquarters at MESH House just off Staples Corner. Contact number for the public is 08447 36 04 40 and the web address is http://www.meshcomputers.com.
    Last edited by Bob Crabtree; 01-05-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable
    we shall see how much truth is in that compared to the mesh forum feedback.

Thanks
    Agreed. He must be some manager to be able to ignore all these requesting refund and all these mesh rubbish service threads that keep poping up!

We will have to see how long this new and improved Mesh is going to take to answer the phones.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I have heard that many lies from this company what's one more , I will never ever buy another mesh PC

Once the trust has gone it's very hard to get it back mesh

Paul

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Might be good to know how many extra staff the've taken on to ensure the targets are met.

Thanks
    • superscaper's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GT725
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 P9500
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 500 GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Mobility HD4850
      • PSU:
      • 120W
      • Case:
      • MSI GT725
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Quote Originally Posted by amjedm View Post
    Might be good to know how many extra staff the've taken on to ensure the targets are met.
    Probably just Indian call centres. I was diverted to one a few weeks ago while phoning Mesh CS so it wouldn't surprise me if they simply outsourced more call centres abroad.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I wonder if this announcement has anything to do with the fact that they are being featured on BBC Watchdog tomorrow?

Thanks
    • ukengineer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS A8N-SLi DELUXE
      • CPU:
      • AMD 4600 X2 S939 @ 2.8Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB GEIL ULTRA PLATINUM DUAL CHANNEL DDR PC3500
      • Storage:
      • 1.2TB OVER 4 FAST SATA DRIVES
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi X1950XTX GDDR4 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Mesh
      • Case:
      • Mesh MatriX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" DVi LCD 6ms
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbit Blueyonder/Telewest now Virgin
    Adywebb you make me chuckle, if only they knew! (rhetorical) At present it does look dire, but lets see the May Mesh customers, we will get a better view by the end of may no doubt.

Fingers crossed things are looking up.

Thanks
    Before reading this I phoned Mesh today re my pc which is in their service dept atm, one of the options 'was push button *' if you bought from 1st May.

I didn't select this as mine was bought a month ago but.........my call was answered by a real person within seconds! Didn't get to speak to the boy who was working at my system so my query was unanswered but to get a telephone response so fast was maybe more than a fluke? I only wanted to see what was wrong with the thing as I built my last few pooters and have an interest, and wanted to discuss possible upgrades I overlooked at the time of ordering.

Hope things do improve in the support dept as I have bought twice before and many friends & relatives have and way back then the support was excellent, any problems or issues we may have had were resolved quickly and professionally, I always recommended Mesh above Dell etc as Mesh do use quality components and in last few weeks I been having a terrible time getting through to them, palmed off etc, but now I have hope that the 'old Mesh' may be back
    Last edited by oldgit; 01-05-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks
    Spoken with one of my contacts down there and the desire to 'do better' and 'make people happier' is certainly genuine

When people talk about support, it always makes me laugh

I remember Dan winning 'Service & Support champion' type stuff year after year before sinking without a trace

Then I remember all those 'You should do it like Gateway' advisors - and they also went out of the market

Can't remember how many awards I saw given to Carrera and Panrix - often heralded as the 'people's champions' - and both of them managed to go under

Escom was a laugh - tons of sales and no support

Compaq are no longer around and neither are a TON of other brands

As far as the mainstream UK market goes, MESH and Evesham are playing a STRONG game of 'last man standing'

Given the battering the paper-magazines have handed out over the years with their combination of 'Pentiums for Peanuts' headlines and 'Top marks for service goes to Atlantic with their 5 year onsite warranty - complete with massage and cuddly toy' etc...

...it is a wonder that anyone can celebrate 10 years in this industry

If, hypothetically, MESH sold 5,000 units in a month - then they are accumulating customers at a rate of 60,000 a year

That means that their installed user base must be 6 figures (given their 20 year history)

Then look at all the crap software people load, the dusty environments, attacks by viruses etc, etc, etc...

...what is a sensible failure rate ?

Oh yeah

Almost forgot the game of hardcore tennis that couriers seem to love to play with PC boxes

If MESH (or Evesham) ship a single system that has not passed QA - then I would be very surprised

What happens next is anyone's guess

I have 1 self-built system, 2 notebooks and 2 MESH boxes - and never have any issues with any of them

But, if I was, then MESH guaranteeing to respond to a new call within 4 rings - and complete a repair in 3 working days - works fine for me

UPDATE: Just checked and Dell say that their basic warranty aims to repair your home system within 6 working days

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, you have to say this for Mesh, at least they are listening! We may have had to say it more than once and we may have had to shout it but I think it's only fair to give the promised improvements a chance.

Well done to everyone on this forum for helping Mesh to improve its service to its customers and well done Mr Riccardi for doing something.

And it goes without saying, well done Davey for sticking with it.

Thanks
    The problem is not the frontline guys like Davey and Kris their hands are tired, if I was going to improve there service I would put more people on the phones and sack on the spot the next layer of management, I wont mention names although I could quite happily they are rude ignorant and bloody minded the culture that pervades Mesh comes from the top down. I would make Davey Service manager, got a feeling he might not want it.

I have also had communication from PC Pro saying they are carrying an article on Mesh service, it still don’t make up for the 4 months I have been put through hell, by the Management Team at Mesh, in theory my computer gets repaired tomorrow I wont hold my breath.

Commenting on MESH’s drive to increase service levels, General Manager Tony Riccardi said “One of the key reasons for our success has been a dedication to customer service and support. Our new after-sales support package will bring standards to a new level within this industry”.

Just read this does he not have a clue whats going on bringing the level up to my local market would be an improvement on what is being delivered now, you only have to surf any IT forum and the Mesh problem thread is the biggest, wake up and smell the coffee Tony your customer service is a disgrace and has dragged your reputation through the dirt.
    Last edited by rogon; 01-05-2007 at 10:06 PM.
    repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the transferee
    I wonder what constitutes significant inconvenience?
    ]

Registered+
    Thanks
    Am I misunderstanding something here about their statement with on-site service - wouldn't surprise me if I am considering the relationship I've developed with AMtrak since buying a new pc in december 2006.
    Regarding the 'minimum 12 month free on-site service previously only available for an extra £49'
    I thought this was already standard. A years on site warrenty and then a year, or maybe 2 can't remember now further years RTB. With my last computer I got from mesh five years ago I paid the extra £49 to get the whole warrenty all on site as the thought of having to keep all that packing and then figure out how to get it into the box was worth the extra £50. Are they now saying that unless the thing is DOA - which this new one was 3 times - even if after just a month it fails I'm expected to send it back. Cant get at all the paper work that came with this new machine at the moment but I'm sure it says 12 months on site warranty. They can't change the contract after it's been made.
    I thought it was a standard thing that had been around for years that the first year of service was always on site. This is why things work for 12 months fine and then go wrong the day after that first year is up so you have to find all the packing and RTB it. On site service is going to cost them alot more than if it's returned to base but it doesn't give much confidnece in their hardware if they dont think it'll stand up to even a years use before going wrong.
    If they answer the phones quicker that will be nice. Just as long as we can have a two way conversation though with out haveing to keep repeating things as that probably just puts the phone bill up to what it would have been if you had to hold longer for a british call centre. It's not understanding them alot of the time, I can understand Indian people who still speak with the accent where I live, well most of the time anyway, it's usually the other way round. I'm continually having to repeat myself to get them to understand what I'm saying.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    Before reading this I phoned Mesh today re my pc which is in their service dept atm, one of the options 'was push button *' if you bought from 1st May.
    What about all the peeps who bought there computers before the 1st of may are they going to be treated like 2nd class customers if mesh have now got a section for buyers who bought there PC from the first of May

Same old story we have your money if your not happy with our service tuff

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hopefully MESH might get their act together and sort there appalling after sales out.

It's a shame the General Manager Tony Riccardi can't come onto this internet forum and offer an apology to all the angry and upset customers’ rather than just sending press releases. He has been quick enough to praise the "award after awards they have won" but not the unhappy after unhappy customers which they have had recently. I for one shall be watching BBC 1 tomorrow at 8.00pm to see what is said on there.

My ordeal took weeks to sort out and during this time I had to deal with what I would say were unprofessional and unsupportive MESH after sales representatives. The questions which they need to ask themselves are they may have taken new people on but will they be trained to the same standard as some of the current staff or will they all be trained by DAVEY (Hopefully).

Is this all going to be too little too late?

Thanks
    Wow, lots of unhappy customers, this man is a happy customer, PC is fine, had a few problems to begin with, all ironed out nicely, I'm a happy man

Looking forward to placing an order for another machine in years to come!

Keep up the good work Mesh!

Thread Information